freezer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
i wanna make hash and oil with my shake, i understand that putting the shake in the freezer will help the triches seperate, thusly having better hash/oil results...

here is my question...

a) should i dry out the shake first and then put it in the freezer or should i just put it right in there?

b) i was thinkning of using all my undergrowth and tiny little buds for hash and oil too, and although i was going to keep that in a seperate bag, i was going to do the same thing...

any ideas?

I don't believe freezing your trim is going to benefit the "oil" extraction process in the least. Frozen trichomes are easier to remove and separate for the "hash" making process.
They are NOT the same, neither the product or the process.

i know they are different products and process,

i have a friend making them for me, what do you recommend until then?

should i just dry everything out and then let him do the rest?? or is there anything i can do to help.

curiouscat420 said:
i wanna make hash and oil with my shake, i understand that putting the shake in the freezer will help the triches seperate, thusly having better hash/oil results...

here is my question...

a) should i dry out the shake first and then put it in the freezer or should i just put it right in there?

b) i was thinkning of using all my undergrowth and tiny little buds for hash and oil too, and although i was going to keep that in a seperate bag, i was going to do the same thing...

any ideas?
i like to let it dry then i put it into the freezer before working with it.:hubba:
i suggest using it all to make some budder here are some directions from another grower on how to make some Budder:D first you make your hash oil. now when making hash oil make sure you use quality butane or its not gonna be to great Vector, Blazer, Colibri anything 4-5x refined should work good. an easy test is to spray it on a mirror and see if it leaves any residue but your better off getting the best. make up your oil then For the whipped butter consistency, just make your bho as normal. Which when purged and scraped together dries into a hard rock candy like consistency. Now Here's how to make the whipped. Before its fully dried and hard, throw your pyrex on a heating pad on low/med. Take something (anything you prefer working with bho with a toothpick or whatever) and stir. Remove from heat and let cool a few degrees. But dont let it totally cool or it will set. Back on the heating pad for 5 mins. Remove. Do not let the bho completely cool until it is the consistency you like. It should turn from a clear golden amber to a yellow"ish" whipped butter consistency as you go through this process.
so basicaly your just whipping it but if you do this you will be hooked its like crack LMAO

4893PICT0817.JPG

019-4.jpg

Comin from the bubble hash side of things, its best NOT to dry out your trim. If ya dry out your bud and trim too much, the dried plant matter can crumble to a size small enough to pass through the bubble bag screens, resulting in less potent hash. I will let my trim sit out overnight to reduce its volume a bit, but it's not dry enough to crumble at this point, then I freeze it. Don't know if you're goin this route, souns like you're not, but there ya go if ya do...

I use a lot of the leaves and some of the smaller buds to make iso oil. I save it for a rainy day. I always use fresh trim, I never let it dry.

cadlakmike1 said:
I use a lot of the leaves and some of the smaller buds to make iso oil. I save it for a rainy day. I always use fresh trim, I never let it dry.

So I can make ISO Oil with fresh trim,,that is way cool. I was always told it had to be dry. I was wondering,,if Bubble Hash is made by knocking off the Fresh Trichs with Ice, why not melt the fresh trichs down with Alcahol into oil,, while the bud is fresh. I know you will still have moisture to deal with that you wouldnt with dried bud,but just seems it would be more potent while fresh from the plant.:hubba:

CowboyBudsky said:
So I can make ISO Oil with fresh trim,,that is way cool. I was always told it had to be dry. I was wondering,,if Bubble Hash is made by knocking off the Fresh Trichs with Ice, why not melt the fresh trichs down with Alcahol into oil,, while the bud is fresh. I know you will still have moisture to deal with that you wouldnt with dried bud,but just seems it would be more potent while fresh from the plant.:hubba:
the biggest "gripe" that "I" have with iso wash, is that it extracts "all" essential oils not solely thc ;)
bubble hash IS trichomes. If used properly, the screens will even sort the 'heads' from the stalked/stalks.

I think the reason dried material is prefered in oil production is the chlorophyl in dried herb has already begun to deteriorate. Less chlorophyl = better oil. Solvents can strip chlorophyl directly from the herb so fresh herb is not better.

Also, that is not really budder. Budder (in the spirit of it's original intent) is a highly isomerized oil product. Isomerization chemically shifts unuseable cbc delta (6, 8, 10 etc.) products into usable (phsycoactive) thc providing a much more intense and concentrated finish. Most likely that is the correct technique for whipping the final product but starting with just plain bho doesn't make it budder.

However.... You are right in the sense it should be budder. And, for what it's worth, (not to be splitting hairs) isomerized budder should be known as such, "isomerized budder". Good on ya.;)

Ok, shutting up. No one likes a damn 'know-it-all'.

Sorry, don't mean to be a bizzy. Haven't smoked in a month. Job thing.

Latest posts

Back