From 18/6 To 24 cause any stress?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHODAT

Reaction score
I have been veggin for 2 wks. on 18/6. I would like to veg. for 24 will this cause any stress on clones?

Should not be a problem if only done occasionally

I have done it, so it must be possible

pcduck said:
I have done it, so it must be possible[/quote I didn't explain the previous ? well. Is it a possible for clones to stress with the change?

Changing the light schedule like that on clones will not do any damage at all...18/6 is well above 12/12 so it is not a big deal to go from 18 to 24 hours of light...especially with clones...I worry about stress mainly when my plants are flowering...when they are vegging things like adjusting light schedules and feeding schedules are fair game...

They may stress, but it will be negligible. Not enough to make them hermie or anything. I would not do it weekly to the same plant:)

Hamster Lewis said:
Changing the light schedule like that on clones will not do any damage at all...18/6 is well above 12/12 so it is not a big deal to go from 18 to 24 hours of light...especially with clones...I worry about stress mainly when my plants are flowering...when they are vegging things like adjusting light schedules and feeding schedules are fair game...
Great answer HL. You have answered a bunch of questions I have with just?

I have moved them from 18 to 24 to 18 and back 2 more times (it's a long story) and did not get herms...it's not ideal...but it shouldn't hurt solid genetics.

light changes in flower are what you need to worry about....and don't let your vegging plants go under 14 hrs...or they won't be vegging for long.

Latest posts

Back