from cfl to mh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eezee

Reaction score
hello,

i have two weeks old seedlings that do realy great and i want to move them from the cfl's to 250w mh. i know it is sound very normal but i had bad exprience from last year. what happned is when i moved them from cfl's to hid they streched so much in few days , it was horrible. only the main stalk was streching , it got so thick but in the bottom it was still verry thin ( under the coty leaves) , so i had to seport them . also , side branches didnt grow at all ( allmost at all ) so i had 2 or 3 feet plant with no side branches that couldnt seport it self. now i know it is wrong because till than i had them under cfl's all the way ( 4 or 5 weeks) till the 12/12 period and had great results. now i want to move them to mh but im afraid its gonna happen again . actually , i did move one of them to the mh cabinet 3 days ago and so far it looks it goes the same bad way. i want to mention that i have them under the cfl's 24 / 0 and same thing with the one under the mh. other than that they all do great and basicaly i know how to grow but for sure i miss here something that make me do some kind of mistake.
thank you in advance for any help or thoght and im sorry for suck a long thread.
peace and love,
eezee.

My guess is that the MH is too, far away from the plant and or you are trying to grow too, many plants under that one MH.
What was the wattage of the cfls you were using and how many? You could actually be getting less lumens under the MH as compared to the cfls.

T5s are great for Vegging,,you can keep the T5s, 3 to 4" from the canopy,, which makes nice bushy plants and not much stretch.

well , i got it much closer now and will see whats happen. for sure i would keep them under cfl's till the flowering but i have to replant them in bigger pots and this will make me get 3 or 4 times more the cfl's i got now because if i have now 9 seedlings under a 3 cfl's hood , than in the bigger pots i will manage to fit maybe 3 bigger pots and getting so many cfl's now is not an optin for me. when i decide to get bigger i will for sure build some t5 hoods for vegging. and i agree, under cfl's ,and i guess under t5 too , they get so nice and bushy. well , there are allways things to improve. thanks alot for the help.
peace and love,
eezee.

How large is the space the MH is in? Do you have reflective material on the walls? Do you have a fan blowing on the plant? What are the temps with the MH light? Do you have good air exchange? How high above the plants is the MH?

The Hemp Goddess said:
How large is the space the MH is in? Do you have reflective material on the walls? Do you have a fan blowing on the plant? What are the temps with the MH light? Do you have good air exchange? How high above the plants is the MH?

:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back