Frustrating.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mulch mow everything back into the grass. Like a free fertilization. No pine needles though....to acidic.
I mulch mow the grass all summer long. I haven’t fertilized in over a decade. I have too many leaves to mulch mow though. My house is surrounded by sugar maples, oaks and ash trees so I have 2 leaf piles 30 ft long, 6 or 8 feet wide and 4 or 5 ft high on either side of my path going into the woods every year. Those compost down pretty well and I grab some of that every spring but I think it lacks nitrogen since it is made up mostly of fallen leaves(with very little chlorophyll).

I mulch mow the grass all summer long. I haven’t fertilized in over a decade. I have too many leaves to mulch mow though. My house is surrounded by sugar maples, oaks and ash trees so I have 2 leaf piles 30 ft long, 6 or 8 feet wide and 4 or 5 ft high on either side of my path going into the woods every year. Those compost down pretty well and I grab some of that every spring but I think it lacks nitrogen since it is made up mostly of fallen leaves(with very little chlorophyll).
I have maples as well. I have to mulch mow ever other day in mid September through October. After two days the leaves are 6" deep.

Latest posts

Back