fungus gnat spray in flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Closetfarmer

Counter-culture
Reaction score
I have a little bit of a fungus gnat infestation in my one big plant, which is almost two weeks into flowering. This rests on a table with two recently transplanted clones underneath. Although it is lightproof when the big plant is flowering, the little bastards can still move back and forth pretty easily. (yellow sticky traps show this) Anyways I have this spray for the soil that I use after watering, cause under the 'scope the larvae seem to surface at that time and I want to nuke them with as little spray possible. Anyways I am hesitant to use this stuff during flowering, the bottle says it won't burn foliage but I'd rather get a second opinion. I have a half dozen sticky traps that get full every couple days, but there seems to be little decline in the gnat population. The plant seems pretty healthy, but I'm just starting the 12/12 cycle and I want to get it under control asap.

bit of a rambling there...puff..puff..

Closetfarmer

sand and/or diatomatious(sp) earth.

i put a layer of DE, then .5" sand, then some more de.

Is this stuff relatively cheap? I'm on a bit of a budget...

DE is SUPER cheap. as cheap as sand really.

so am i. i scrap my sand caps off to use on other plants when im done with the pot lol.

Closetfarmer said:
I have a little bit of a fungus gnat infestation in my one big plant, which is almost two weeks into flowering. This rests on a table with two recently transplanted clones underneath. Although it is lightproof when the big plant is flowering, the little bastards can still move back and forth pretty easily. (yellow sticky traps show this) Anyways I have this spray for the soil that I use after watering, cause under the 'scope the larvae seem to surface at that time and I want to nuke them with as little spray possible. Anyways I am hesitant to use this stuff during flowering, the bottle says it won't burn foliage but I'd rather get a second opinion. I have a half dozen sticky traps that get full every couple days, but there seems to be little decline in the gnat population. The plant seems pretty healthy, but I'm just starting the 12/12 cycle and I want to get it under control asap.

bit of a rambling there...puff..puff..

Closetfarmer
Keep the top 2 inches of medium "dry".. sand, DE, perlite.... but keep it "dry"
and your gnat problem will mysteriously vanish.

Ok I will definately look for that DE this weekend. Thanks

I never had a problem with gnats, Until now started using organic soil now I got them. They dont mess with the other plants in MG. Thanks for this info guys

Latest posts

Back