G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey OldFogey, I stole your idea of using the fiber pot as a “wick” to increase moisture in a small indoor pepper garden that I am starting. I’m using three fabric quarter gallon nursery bags sitting in a tray of water and filled with coco. I have a fan blowing on them, and the humidity in my 2x3 tent is at 65% compared to the house at 40%. My plants are in plastic pots like yours. Is your fabric pot sitting in water so it can wick more? Is there a fan on it?

I checked my last decent quad line (not great) and it took me 7 weeks of veg to get them to the right size for flowering….so it was a slow process for me.
My felt pot is growing some flowers for my flower garden and after doing more reading(or actual reading the site I was on instead of skimming the article looking for words that confirm my bias😂), the plant likes moist soil as seedlings then well drained soil and watered relatively frequently. That being said, it is not sitting in a tray of water but I like that idea(a kind of moisture sink for the ‘wick’ to draw from). I only have one fan going at the moment though I do need to add another in.

I appreciate the info on veg time. I am a little disheartened by the slower than anticipated growth but I was aware that the pruning would slow the growth a bit from reading that website on quadlining. They have seemed to pick up some vigor in the last couple of days. I think I delayed them by a bit over a week but this is just a ‘see what happens’ grow at this point anyway.

CDSR I guess “…
this strain requires ample staking and training; early topping
is a must
to maximize yields and express the plants full potential. A large, hardy, beautifully
balanced plant, The Special Reserve delivers medium-large yields of some of the world’s finest
smoke.” I agree with this so far.

My plants are loving the Jack’s nutes. Very dark green fans. No pH’ing. I am going to back off feeding them a bit. 1/2 tsp/gallon might be a little hot for plants in relatively fresh soil. My house plants are really digging it too. I have a Dwarf Calla Lily the is going bananas…
IMG_2333.jpeg

Did some tying down as these are getting unruly. I am thinking my original plan of being able to sex them before going to 3 gallon pots ain’t gonna happen. No good candidates to take a cutting from at this point. Hoping eight 3 gallon felts will fit in the tent. All the Heri x BB’s on the left, CDSR x ND on the right. Two totally different structures for sure.
IMG_2350.jpeg

Heri Blueberry quad example:

IMG_2346.jpeg

ChemDawg Nanny quad example:

IMG_2347.jpeg

The ChemDawg Nanny is really stretching(and not even in flower yet(uh oh). I opted to top the four quaded branches to encourage node growth. I am not sure that is ok to do in quadlining but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. All 7 plants are draining like a sailor(sorry subbie). Fed them yesterday. Pots were heavy. All light today. I will be up-potting soon. Note to self-quadlining is probably a better idea when you have fewer plants or a bigger tent or both. I am running into a timing issue too as I will be out of town for 10-11 days at the beginning of April. I may need to flip to flower next week…☹️😡

The ChemDawg Nanny is really stretching(and not even in flower yet(uh oh). I opted to top the four quaded branches to encourage node growth. I am not sure that is ok to do in quadlining but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. All 7 plants are draining like a sailor(sorry subbie). Fed them yesterday. Pots were heavy. All light today. I will be up-potting soon. Note to self-quadlining is probably a better idea when you have fewer plants or a bigger tent or both. I am running into a timing issue too as I will be out of town for 10-11 days at the beginning of April. I may need to flip to flower next week…☹️😡
Looking great Old Fogey! When I quadlined, I ended up running two in my 2x4 and moving one to a 2x2. They really filled my space quickly once I flipped to flower.

I have been fortunate that I haven’t had to rig up any watering devices in years since I rarely travel. I’m curious if you have a preferred watering method when you are away for 10-12 days? Does Mrs. Fogey do the watering, or do you have a watering system? I’ve tried watering globes and Blumats but I wasn’t impressed with either one of those. Do you have a watering system that you like?

Looking great Old Fogey! When I quadlined, I ended up running two in my 2x4 and moving one to a 2x2. They really filled my space quickly once I flipped to flower.

I have been fortunate that I haven’t had to rig up any watering devices in years since I rarely travel. I’m curious if you have a preferred watering method when you are away for 10-12 days? Does Mrs. Fogey do the watering, or do you have a watering system? I’ve tried watering globes and Blumats but I wasn’t impressed with either one of those. Do you have a watering system that you like?
I have never needed a watering device so I am going to use something like what @CrashMagnet had to rig up. My wife is leading the charge into this vacation so she can’t water them for me. I used to use my sons or their friends as watering surrogates but my sone don’t live at home anymore and are both busier than cats covering up sh!T living their lives so I don’t want to bother them. We plan on having my neighbor feed and water the cats but she is elderly do I don’t want to have her tumble down the stairs to water the plants. If I time this right, I might harvest them right before leaving. Big said the Heri-Berry is a short duration flowering plant(60 days I think he said) so those are a better bet to be chopped in time. The ChemDawg Nanny is an unknown so that may be problematic.

Nice job brother.
Thanks. We will how things shake out. I am not a big fan of culling since I kinda feel like my plants are similar to pets. If I get males, I may want to make a bud or two of seeds but will either kill them or give them to my neighbor as houseplants(she likes plants and has grown several cannabis plants I gave her as houseplants). I still think even 4 plants in my tent would be too many as I have done that before and a 2x4 is really cramped with 4. I am going to flip these probably next week so I have a few weeks to ruminate about what to do.

Didn’t have the time to tie the plants back down in their new pots yesterday. When I got around to it today, they had sprung back like I had never tied them down. The added soil has upped the humidity in the tent pretty well. Currently at 56%. Haven’t been able to get it above 35% before repotting.
IMG_2370.jpeg

Plants dry fast right now in this low humidity.
I smoked some of that today.
Took a 3 hour nap afterwards.
Just smoked some more.
Nighty night.
I might have my son stop over and chop then hang the plants in the tent if they aren’t done by the time I leave. I usually wet trim but I think leaving the sugar leaves on while drying will slow the dry so they are ready when I get home. My wife could not have timed the vacation worse if she tried…😂

Flipped to flower. Going to leave the T5’s in the tent for about a week(I think). The blueish lighting seems to minimize stretching and the CDSRxND is going to need that. The Heri-Berry is short and squat like Gimli so very little concern about them stretching much. The CDSRxND has alternating nodes so it is mature enough to flower. Hopefully the Heri-Berry catches up…

The struggle/stretch is real.
IMG_2382.jpeg

CDSR/ND is really freakin’ lanky:
IMG_2383.jpeg

While the Heri-Berry is not:
IMG_2384.jpeg

I am thinking my quadlining attempt is failing. Too crowded to do it properly. I BBC will probably do some defoliation of the Heri-Berry tonight when the lights come back on to get some light on the lower nodes and some airflow. Temp in the tent with lights out was 59! Yikes. I put a space heater next to the fresh air duct. Had it set at 65 but was bothered that it was running constantly so I lowered it to 60. Back to 65 after figuring being a cheap old bastid wasn’t good for the plants. Will check the temp when lights come back on tonight.

Latest posts

Back