gal bucket for DWC playing with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
I know a lot of u experience or play around with small container.
How small can a hydro system bucket can be for playing with.? I clean a gal bucket and a good air pump that I am using in it. Will it grow right. Playing with this one.

Other than the daily adding of water you should be able to make it work just fine. The uptake of nute is going to cause major ph and ppm swings IMO

I did a DWC in a 12oz Red Bull Can...fill res daily

It is extremely hard to do a DWC with that small a bucket. If the plants get any size at all (which they will with a healthy plant), the entire space is going to be taken up with roots, leaving little room for nute solution. I anticipate wide pH/ppm swings, also. If there any real reason for using a container that small? It will make it so much harder and, IMO, will not really give you a good idea of what DWC can do. You will be a slave to it, adding water a couple times a day. And hydro is not forgiving at all if the buckets run out of water. The difference in size between a gallon container and a 3 gal bucket is most likely under 6".

It can be done, but my question is why? Why start yourself out at such a disadvantage?

ozzydiodude said:
Other than the daily adding of water you should be able to make it work just fine. The uptake of nute is going to cause major ph and ppm swings IMO

Use less Nutes and I am experimenting on this 1 Plant, :hubba:

The Hemp Goddess said:
It is extremely hard to do a DWC with that small a bucket. If the plants get any size at all (which they will with a healthy plant), the entire space is going to be taken up with roots, leaving little room for nute solution. I anticipate wide pH/ppm swings, also. If there any real reason for using a container that small? It will make it so much harder and, IMO, will not really give you a good idea of what DWC can do. You will be a slave to it, adding water a couple times a day. And hydro is not forgiving at all if the buckets run out of water. The difference in size between a gallon container and a 3 gal bucket is most likely under 6".

It can be done, but my question is why? Why start yourself out at such a disadvantage?

I am just "experimenting" with this as I don't have another big air pump nor bucket or the room, only got room for this bucket..
Keeping water in it won't be a problem hopefully as I am here all day..

As for the Nutes I will cut the measurement down next to nonething. I got a chart from "Grow Weed Easy" that I going by on my grow..

thanks

If yur going with that small of container,,dirt would be the way to go if ya wanna play. I can tell ya right now its gonna be a pain. I let a plant go for awhile in a Gallon coffee container before i changed it over to the 5 gallon bucket,,and it took no time for it to outgrow that Small container. You wont have room to put solution. That would work a little better or longer with Flood and Drain system maybe. Roots would have a better chance.

WeedHopper said:
If yur going with that small of container,,dirt would be the way to go if ya wanna play. I can tell ya right now its gonna be a pain. I let a plant go for awhile in a Gallon coffee container before i changed it over to the 5 gallon bucket,,and it took no time for it to outgrow that Small container. You wont have room to put solution. That would work a little better or longer with Flood and Drain system maybe. Roots would have a better chance.

Thanks if it don't make it at least I played with it..

He said,,,,,Played with it.. LOL

WeedHopper said:
He said,,,,,Played with it.. LOL

That right play with her till she can play nomore.. :icon_smile: :hubba:

It will depend on how much attention you give your girl..... DWC is all about Res size..... The larger you go the easier it is...... Less swing in PPM/PH... Gallon can be done.... I forsee HUGE root overgrowth though....Might have to actually trim some which make me want to cry ) .....

Latest posts

Back