General Growing Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColBlake

Reaction score
I'm new to growing. I picked up a couple Orange Crush female clones at the dispensary 2 weeks ago and kept them under fluorescent light until I transplanted them into 4-gal pots with a Perlite mix today, at 11".

I'll be moving them into a Hydro Hut in a few days to begin the flowering phase under HPS.

My questions: When can I expect the flowering phase to begin after going to the 12/12 schedule? Approximately how long does this strain take to bud until harvest day arrives?

I read through some of the questions/answers about nutes and discovered that the ones the hydro guy sold me are quite a bit different than those covered here for flowering.

I have organic, Big Bloom liquid plant food (.01 -.3 -.7) and Tiger Bloom (2 - 8 - 4). Which one should I use during flowering, and how often? One is called "plant food" and the other "extra strength fertilizer" - What's the difference? Should they be alternated or used together? If so, what is the frequency of "feeding"?

BTW, Nice Forum! Glad you are here!:)

Thanks!

From the start of 12/12, it will take anywhere from 2-3 months to finish the flowering process. I'm not too familiar with strains as I've always grown bagseed so I don't know if that strain is indica or sativa. Indicas finish in around 2 months and sativas can take 3 months or more depending on the strain. If it's a hybrid, it can be expected to finish anywhere in that time period.

Good luck and take care. Some pics would be great. Keep us posted my friend.

yup^ it will take a week or three sometimes for plants to show sex but once you flip the schedule to 12/12/,they will start to flower. males usually show first then females, but not always. keep the light low and the temps controlled but make sure you have good fresh airflow comming in, unless your augmenting with co2. make sure not to overwater and keep a good fan in the growroom. the fan will strengthen the stems and help dry out the containers[ providing certian hydro systems and soil grows]- which helps prevent rootrot if the soil has good arreation.

the grow formula is for veg stage and the other extra fert is for after 12/12 otherwise known as a bloom booster formula. feed in low doses and bump it up lil by lil.....

goodluck!

I found this info for you on "Orange Crush", this is the strain from BCGA.

Orange Crush - The California Orange mom is the legendary clone that sets the standard for all other California Oranges to aspire towards. And it has done so for close to two decades. It's super sweet Tang flavour and aroma is unequaled. It's vigour is amazing and it's ease of cloning will vastly be an improvement over the blueberry pollen source on both accounts. The blueberry pollen source speaks for itself and is described above. As with the Romulan mother of Romberry, This California Orange clone does very well at low (25-30 watts/foot) light levels. Both California Orange and blueberry parents are harvested between 50 and 60 days depending on taste. Most prefer the earlier end of the spectrum for the added flavour and happier high.

Fox Farms "Big bloom" and Tiger bloom" are both flowering nutrients, and are designed to be used together I believe.

Here are a couple of photos of the girls the day I transplanted them. This was 22 March. They look okay?

Thanks

DSC00154.JPG

DSC00153.JPG

DSC00161.JPG

Lookin great, but definately get more light as Hick suggested. You'll want a lot more light to keep those plants looking healthy and GREEN! :fly:

Here is a link to FF neut feeding schedule. You can follow this, but i would start off with 1/2 strength and slowly make your way up to full...LINK

Thanks, I got my HPS hung now and they are loving it. This is the first full day in the flower room. Check out www.hydrohuts.com.

The "mini" is what we use. Very cool.

Col Blake

Latest posts

Back