Giving and Receiving Thanks-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

I love the feature we have to give thanks. I noticed today the difference between how many thanks I've given compared to how many have been given to me. :)

Just curious- do you have more thanks then you've given out, or have you given out more then you've received?

And thanks. :D

If I like what I read or a reply to a thread.Isee no reason for a Thanks.Even if I had nothing to do with the thread.I have a LITTLE more Thanks,Then Thanked.But that is A.O.K with me.everyone Keep it GREEN:hubba:

i think it waz a good idea for the thanks also. it lets the person know what they said waz apprecated(i think i spelled it wrong LOL). I have a few more thanked then thanks, there almost even

Hi SmokinMom (love your name by the way)
Haven't been here that long but I tend to post a whole reply when I want to thank someone. Seems more polite to me somehow- probably from my Mother who always pushed the 'send a thank you note' thing. Have to say I did the same thing w/ my daughters too.
Am curious about something else though. Underneath the little blurbs about us are the little green boxes w/ some 'interesting' descriptions. Are these based on number of posts or what?

Those are coolness cubes Deb.

:spit:

No seriously- those are your reputation points. Your reputation increases when someone gives you rep on posts and they also add up when folks give you "thanks." ;)

I think I have lots more thanks from people then Ive given out. Thanx for bringin that to my attention I will be sure to thank more people now. I didnt do it on purpose its sometimes I get so caught up in finding something on here or reading a new journal I jus forget. I love this feature to and love getting thanx when I can help people out, and now I will pay more attention to giving thanx as well Thanks Smokinmom.

Thanks, Mom, for bringing the 'Thanks' feature to our attention. :) It didn't take me long to see what a great tool it is. I like to use it when I am just saying "yeah, I agree with you on that" ...as well as a "thank you for useful information". And thanks for explaining the Reputation thing a little more.

I've given twice as many thanks as I've gotten, and that works for me!! :D

I have another question, though. When I tried to use the 'add to reputation' it said I had given too much thanks in the last 24 hours...why is that? Is there a limit? :confused:

Also on the rep points. Can other people see them? And what are they really used for? I know how you get them but whats the purpose? Im just curious Im not saying anything bad about it, Ive been wondering that for some time now just didnt know where to ask.

i guess im just a thankful monger cause i thank everyone (most times) for apost in any of my threads and if i like the topic and all even if i dont have any posts in the thread ill thanksomeone for it cause it may jsut keep me form doing the same thing and lol if you cant tell i have given lots more then ive gotton but its not a thing for me because i really havent had too much grow experience to pass along (as of yet) but i think in the few thanks ive gotton i think ive done well got one from mutt today :) and that made me feel like part of the gang here at MP :48:

Thanks is a lil rep, giving rep gives more points.
Rep is a measure of how much someone contributed. If the rep, is high or thanks is high you can tell that the persons input is more reliable or more personable than someone with a red rep level.
After while you don't even look at it and just remember certain peeps.
Like you Homeade...after posting about snakes...I know ya on this bored...but a NEWB slides right by my until there presence is more known by me.

Cool thanx Mutt for explaining that. Well Im glad Im on your radar now. I like helping people as much as I can with what little I know. Anything I can do for this plant and the people growing it, I found it to be my purpose. But thanx again Mutt.

Latest posts

Back