Giving MMJ a BAD name

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't see what they have done thats any different to what any other dispensary would have done, they were operating under the law and paying taxes as such, its just that america can't get straight on its laws

nickname said:
i don't see what they have done thats any different to what any other dispensary would have done, they were operating under the law and paying taxes as such, its just that america can't get straight on its laws

Check out his website and video.

MMJ gets shut down, doing nothing wrong. I only have 2 good ones left, where i use to have 5, In santa barbara.
The collective sold marijuana with names such as "purple skunk," "train wreck" and "God's gift" for prices that ranged from $40 to $300 for one-eighth of an ounce.
IDK about $300 for an 1/8th, top price i have seen was $85 and 1/8th in LA.

headband said:
MMJ gets shut down, doing nothing wrong. I only have 2 good ones left, where i use to have 5, In santa barbara. IDK about $300 for an 1/8th, top price i have seen was $85 and 1/8th in LA.

Damn nice racket going on but it is wrong if they a filling botched Rx's...To me it's the same as those online pharmacies with their $150 "Doctor Refferal" fees...LOL I can right now buy any pill I want because I paid some bogus Dr. whom I've never seen or spoken with to write me a script!

Here is an update. The case is now in Federal Court in Fresno.

For those that do not know, this is the ONLY dispensary case that has gone to trial. ALL others have had the cases dropped or plea deals reached.

Even though I know the real story, this will be a landmark case for dispensaries in The State of California.

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/285565.html

gee, sounds like helpin people was real important to them...for 6 million dollars.

"We think there's a good-faith argument here," said attorney Anthony Capozzi of Fresno, who represents Scarmazzo. "They, in good faith, thought they could be doing this. They didn't have any intent to violate the law."

In that video, Scarmazzo, who pulled in $13,000 a month as treasurer and secretary of the collective, flashes wads of cash and shakes his fist at a mock-up of the City Council, which voted to ban businesses such as his.

Thats just ridiculous. Shut em down, lock em up, and take their cash. People like this only validate the idea that "there is no mmj, and these dispensaries are just drug dealers." People like this dont do any of us any good at all.

headband said:
MMJ gets shut down, doing nothing wrong. I only have 2 good ones left, where i use to have 5, In santa barbara. IDK about $300 for an 1/8th, top price i have seen was $85 and 1/8th in LA.

300 Bucks an 1/8th?!?!?! Thats 100 bucks a gram!

Thats criminal enough in my book. Lock em up!

imo thats why this site exists so people arent forced to pay these crazy prices , That in it self is just wrong. Charging 300$ for an eigth that is.
damn crooks..... :)

Pot should be legal. Millions of people are getting boozed up right now, most of them will drive somewhere, a small percentage will actually end up killing people. We don't have to elevate marijuana to this idol status. Yeah, it works great for med patients. Its disgusting and inhumane that they get locked up for smoking it, but I find it disgusting that its illegal for anyone. These ridiculous profits are created by this prohibition. Legalize it, and the prices will drop dramatically. Taxpayer benefits will increase exponentially.

Regardless of your stance on medical marijuana, its easy to argue that this prohibition is just retarded...

Fadeux said:
Let's be honest, this site isn't nobel, its not serving some "better purpose for humanity."

Pot should be legal. Millions of people are getting boozed up right now, most of them will drive somewhere, a small percentage will actually end up killing people. We don't have to elevate marijuana to this idol status. Yeah, it works great for med patients. Its disgusting and inhumane that they get locked up for smoking it, but I find it disgusting that its illegal for anyone. These ridiculous profits are created by this prohibition. Legalize it, and the prices will drop dramatically. Taxpayer benefits will increase exponentially.

Regardless of your stance on medical marijuana, its easy to argue that this prohibition is just retarded...

I agree, IMHO, it should be 'decriminalized' for recreational and/or medical use. AND, I believe as you said, the horrendous Black Market prices would cease to exist.. Upstanding citizens, assets to society, would'nt be haveing their lives ruined by rediculous prosecutions, ect. ect.
BUT....
Let's be honest, this site isn't nobel, its not serving some "better purpose for humanity."
IMO... "THAT" is exactly what I like to believe MP is about. If we provide a safe friendly environment, in whish we educate and provide concise, correct information, on how folks can free themselves from paying those rediculous prices and contributing to that 'black market',organized crime, commercial ripoffs, ect. ..is that not a "noble" gesture?? ;) AND beneficial to society/humanity??
I think we are. If MP allows a single patient to free himself from the grip of those "theives" chargeing $100 p/gram, we have implimented a very noble action.. IMO. :D

I think I phrased it badly, people on here are great, and do great things for people, but we're pot growers, we aren't out there feeding starving people, or curing cancer. Just my opinion.

No but we are treating it!

What are you doing to help fadeux other than playing the arcade and pointing fingers?

THE_DUDE said:
No but we are treating it!

What are you doing to help fadeux other than playing the arcade and pointing fingers?

I'm an active member of my states NORML group. Would be at the rally today, but its 6 hours away. I'm currently helping lay the framework for the ballot we would like to propose in the 2010 election. Not that I need to justify any of this to a stranger on the internet. Ill try to clarify one more time for people what I was trying to say.

These guys are not helping the cause whatsoever, they are just drug dealers. If you smuggle vicodin across the mexico border and sell it to people who cant get it (for whatever reason) you're just a drug dealer. They are acting stupid, and irresponsible, and making way too much money doing it.

But I also don't like how people come down on commercial growers on here. Commercial growers supply a well defined need in our society. If people didn't want to buy it at the price they pay for it, commercial growing would dissapear.

I would have no problems with what these guys did, were they not disguised as a medical facility. The ultimate goal in my book is the legalization of pot. Or decriminalization, I personally like Hollands structure myself.

If you grow a few plants and smoke them, fantastic. If you grow a few and give them away to cancer patients, fantastic. If you grow several and sell them cancer patients for a reasonable fee to cover your overhead, fantastic. If you grow under a medical program, and take advantage of sick people with profit in mind, and make rap videos about how bad@ss you are, the get hosed... You're just a p.o.s. drug dealer.

Not to say dealers are all bad, but these losers are. And yeah, we're treating cancer, but don't act like you don't enjoy a little medicine yourself. How about selling your crops and donating all the profits to cancer research? Anyone here actually do that? And I really don't see how the arcade comment is relative. Am I not a good enough person to play a game of pool once in a while?

If you grow a few plants and smoke them, fantastic. If you grow a few and give them away to cancer patients, fantastic. If you grow several and sell them cancer patients for a reasonable fee to cover your overhead, fantastic. If you grow under a medical program, and take advantage of sick people with profit in mind, and make rap videos about how bad@ss you are, the get hosed... You're just a p.o.s. drug dealer.

....Here ..here!!!!:aok:

Hick said:
I think we are. If MP allows a single patient to free himself from the grip of those "theives" chargeing $100 p/gram, we have implimented a very noble action.. IMO. :D
and with whats going on in england with lead being put in the buds to add wieght....even more reason why teaching others to grow there own is noble.

Great reading!

The reason I posted this is it is a MAJOR issue here in Nor-Cal. These clowns were str8 out for profit, as ALL POT CLUBS ARE, don't be fooled. There is no clubs in the Bay Area that pay more then $4000 a lb., but yet they still sell eighths for $60. Do the math. It's the whole fact that he wanted to become a rapper and flaunt it to the "man". And the video sealed their fate, imho. Now, when MMJ is brought up around here , these fools are what is brought up. They put us back 10 years.

Latest posts

Back