Giving plants More light in last 2 weeks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P. BLAZUH

Reaction score
I read that when a plant is in the bloom stage it takes 6 weeks to revert back to a veg state. So I was wondering if I switched my lights from 12 12 to 18 6 in the last two weeks when Mj puts on most of is't weight would this give me a bigger yield by giving them more light?

People sometimes make their plants revert back to their vegetative growth stage by switching from 12/12 lighting to 18/6 lighting. However, this is done after they harvest their buds. They harvest about 2/3 of the buds, leaving 1/3 of the buds on the plant, and then they make the switch from 12/12 to 18/6. After the switch it takes about two weeks before the plants resumes vegetative growth. If I remember correctly, that's how people go about revegging their plants.

I've never heard of anyone increasing the amount of light the last two weeks of flowering in order to increase yield. Unless some expert says to the contrary, I wouldn't increase the light for your plants while flowering.

P. BLAZUH said:
I read that when a plant is in the bloom stage it takes 6 weeks to revert back to a veg state. So I was wondering if I switched my lights from 12 12 to 18 6 in the last two weeks when Mj puts on most of is't weight would this give me a bigger yield by giving them more light?

I am willing to go out on a limb here and say.......no

on the contrary IMO. I usually start cutting down the hours of light each day the last 10 days till i get to 8 hours on for last few days. i also back light of just a little the last week. i read somewhere it lets them know it's time to finish, and backing the light off a little helps not cook out the flavor i'm told:rolleyes:

lyfr said:
on the contrary IMO. I usually start cutting down the hours of light each day the last 10 days till i get to 8 hours on for last few days. i also back light of just a little the last week. i read somewhere it lets them know it's time to finish, and backing the light off a little helps not cook out the flavor i'm told:rolleyes:

ive heard that too, also low humidity and light produce more tri-chomes. Have you found increase in trix? I wanted to cut back lighting myself but need a lil more info

I do 10hrs for the last two week. Prob depends on the strain but if you keep it at 12 and the buds are close to the lights you can get some reveg and wrek the buds in some cases.

I realy want to try a few days of complet darkness befor the chop.

Latest posts

Back