Glads!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Trashed
Reaction score
Has anyone ever grown gladiolus?

I once got a deal on 1000 bulbs......if I remember correctly, I paid 3 cents a pop.
Anyways, I planted them in raised beds, three by three.
I wasn't sure about the blooming order and at the time, computers were not readily available.
So, I took my chances and planted the same colors together.
Talk about a show stopper..........I had such a show of color that strangers would stop and take pics of my garden.
I did take the bulbs in for the winter and they do multiply. For every bulb you get 3-4 babies.

The blooming order kinda reminds me of sativas and indicas.

Here's a few pics of my favorite flower! :D

gladiolus.jpg

gladiolus1.jpg

gladiolus2.jpg

gladiolus3.jpg

Growing anything is good fun, nice shots Oscar.

Great pics Oscar and i bet the smell is even better. We like growing Lilly's. ;)

TBG, the glads don't really radiate any smell per say!

But awesome show of color. :eek:

As pretty as they are and they have no smell. :eek:
Oscar said:
TBG, the glads don't really radiate any smell per say!

But awesome show of color. :eek:

No Smell and a Sad Ending!

I had so many that I went to the local Church and asked the Brother (no pun.......) if I could bring them there and decorate for the time they would be in bloom.
I was encouraged to do so.......then all of a sudden a month or so into the complete transformation of the small Church. The local florist had approached the church and complained that she wasn't getting enough bizz cause of my Glads!

The priest told me...........to slow down on how many flowers I put and I also noticed they were moved to the side of the alter. All the flowers were not in their place.

I felt like I was being given the BOOT.

I never expected my donation of time and flowers to be a burden..........so, I left with all my Pots!

I'll do some again and keep them all for myself!

Damn Oscar i would consider that a slap in the face. Tell ya one thing that church wouldn't be getting anymore of my flowers that's for sure. ;)

The Brother happened to be by cousin to top it off!

To be honest with yas.....I was totally embaressed, I was being kicked out of the Lord's House. I'm sure they didn't consult HIM?

Disfunctional family from the Brother on down..........

Latest posts

Back