GMO MJ patent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did warn us NCH. I bet there will be no organic pot so I guess i will have to supply myself. It is the way I have seen monsanto work with mom and pop farms in this area. They didn't have a clue what they signed on to. I am sure big ag will produce some ok pot, but how? not for me.

and that's all i ever really cared about.. as long as i can cultivate my own; they can go ahead and have their 'big marijuana' :)
..that part was never in doubt. it's what happens to all self sufficient folk that makes me nervous.

Exactly Kaotik, and this is all for the almighty dollar, which by the way NCH has earned his place in, but for us original hippies, it is about the plant and spreading this plant to anyone who can put a seed in a container and enjoy for medicine, or just need to get your head bad. I am disappointed that big ag is in it.. Has big ag met a broad mite? I hope they do, except nch, who i only wish the very best for, you my friend are a grower of dank.

From what I have seen so far, it's not really Big Ag that will be doing the growing, they are working out partnerships with existing growers. They realize that growing cannabis isn't easy and they really have no understanding of the market. Believe, they are not stupid at all, these are smart people. They know they have to align with existing growers, not just take it upon themselves to rip out tomato crops and put in cannabis.

For me, Big Ag brings large scale growing experience, along with connections to regulatory agencies that will be involved in regulating Cannabis.
The folks that I am dealing with are actually Farmers, just like you and I. They just happen to be rich farmers who dialed in their crops and stay ahead of regulations and farming techniques. Down to earth folk who just happen to grow produce for the world.
They cats I have been in talks with are truly blue collar guys, with white collar bank accounts.

Speaking for California, There is still a place for anyone who wishes to be a part of the Industry. Small scale farms will also have their place in the market. There will also be provisions to allow anyone to grow for themselves. But again, that is the minority of folks, a super small minority.

I live in the bread basket of the world, the Central Valley of California. Like it or not, most of the United States Produce is grown in a 100 mile radius from where I live. It is our way of life. The techniques I use currently are stolen from farming techniques I have seen growing up. A quick example is how I pot my plants, raising them a bit and exposing the roots to strengthen the root mass. This is what they do to Almond orchards to prevent root rot.

I think a lot of folks think that the bigger you go, the worse the weed is, which is true in some cases. But in other cases, it is not. It is dependent on the grower and the growers experience and values. We all know it is about the growing conditions, and if you can achieve the proper growing conditions, that is half the battle.

I CAN'T wait to go crazy big. I want to see how much herb I can grow and keep the quality rockin'. I have a plan and I am confident I will achieve it.

You will rock it NCH. We are pretty deep in agriculture where I live as well. If i was going to buy some big grower pot, it would be yours.

Still not sure I want to put my name on some government list !--- California can grow plenty of excellent weed but supplying the nation or even Texas for that matter is a bit much !--- That's a lot of Weed !

O.K. !-- The end of prohibition is in sight !-- I want to be to able to replace my wife's nursing income with what we can grow !---Texas is gonna be virgin territory with any kind of legal weed !--- I feel like I'm ahead of the curve on growing weed in the badlands !-- I would like any advice anyone has to help me position myself for a Free Texas !--- I see others like a head shops /dispensary based out of California prepositioning themselves as a dispensary / weed stores and A hydroponics store ?--- I still have a problem about people knowing I grow !-- Anyway !-- Words of Wisdom ?

Keef...the Central Valley grows 80% of the food for the USA. It's going to be able to grow 80% of the weed for the world. NCH already gave you the words of wisdom...develop a brand. Keef's keif...or Krazy Keef's Kannabis...you get the idea

Here's the problem Umbra --- If 80% of the produce raised in America comes from this central Valley and they try to grow 80 % of America's weed !--- Where the extra space to grow this weed gonna come from ? --- What U saying is the end of prohibition gonna drive produce prices through the roof ?---
Brand myself ?--- I got a plan Cuz !-- Don't mean I can pull it off but nobody loses everytime -- Not even me !
When prohibition ends --- How long before we can buy and sell weed and extracts on the Internet?

Here's the problem Umbra --- If 80% of the produce raised in America comes from this central Valley and they try to grow 80 % of America's weed !--- Where the extra space to grow this weed gonna come from ? --- What U saying is the end of prohibition gonna drive produce prices through the roof ?---
Brand myself ?--- I got a plan Cuz !-- Don't mean I can pull it off but nobody loses everytime -- Not even me !
When prohibition ends --- How long before we can buy and sell weed and extracts on the Internet?
Yes produce is going to skyrocket and so will almonds.

Only problem with 80% of our food coming from Cali is the water usage is taxing the water levels as it is. Add in the additional water usage with 80% of the cannabis and Cali is going to run the rivers dry.

Not trying to be negative but I'm not trading being an Outlaw grower --To be a share cropper for big money!-- I hope people like NCH can look out for us and keep us in mind !-- Not as a resource for big money !-- I am a independent Cannabis Farmer and I'm not punching a clock for anyone anymore !-- I would like to be a legal part of the green wave but box me out and watch me work !-- I just tap the black market after all ---It's all I've ever known !--- I had hoped to one day see some kind of Coop among independent farmers where they could get a fair market price cause I'm not sure I'm liking this !--- One Green Nation Under Who ?

Then the Dog is on point about water !--- I see problems with this scenario !---

Dog you are absolutely right about water. This year we had el nino give a little help and the surface water has gotten better, but it is only at 28% of full. Major part of water issues are in diverting it to other places. Almonds use more than 40% of the state's water and produce less than 4% GNP for the state...but almond growers have money and political power. More than 1/2 of the ballot was for local politics where water is #1 issue. If you look at CO and how things are going there, the 1st thing is that there is still a strong black market for cannabis. This is because of the ridiculous taxes placed on cannabis. The only people buying over priced weed are tourists.
After seeing how the Lemon Tree sold at Hempcon...there will be a market for the right strains. Making CO2 extracted oil isn't going to make it unless it is your own strains.

The easy answer is that we will import more of our food as cannabis takes over land in Cali. We already import over 20% of the food we consume in this country and the number is increasing by the minute.

If you're one of those people who look for opportunities in the ripples of new ideas, I would be wondering which country is going to be increasing food imports to this country (probably Brazil and/or Chile).

Cannabis in Cali will mean opportunities for other places to grow the food that's required to replace what Cali is no longer growing.

The world moves on....

All over it Umbra !-- There's lots of great pot farmers and as long as they all growing the same strains it be hard to be outstanding !--- That Lemon Trees variety !-- Exclusive genetics is where it's at !--- That's the money shot !--- I can't breed a regular variety like that !--- Now they gonna give me time to make myself a Frankenplant! ---- Then I'm gonna teach my people how !-- None of them will be the same !

It ain't happening! --- Have U ever drove thru Kansas or Iowa ? --- U got a valley of fertile soil ?---They got whole states of it !--- What's the hustle ? -- Cause besides water and starving the poor the California Central Valley idea got way too many holes in it !

Still not sure I want to put my name on some government list !--- California can grow plenty of excellent weed but supplying the nation or even Texas for that matter is a bit much !--- That's a lot of Weed !

C'mon meow...Cali already does bro. And that is just from underground grows mainly in Mendo. I can tell you first hand stories. I am not trying to be cocky my friend, just want folks to really understand what is going to happen.
The best advice I can give is to accept what is coming and prepare. I understand it is kinda unfathomable to grasp..but it is the truth.

There is plenty of space in Cali...we are a huge State. It really doesn't take much space in the scheme of the whole State to produce tonnage.

What it will come down to is each States laws and if the other States will even allow product from Cali to enter their state, but if Ag companies are involved, which they are, they have control of the food also, pretty big leverage at the legislative level.

It is only a matter of time. Timing is not an answer I can give because I am not sure at all. We are talking about years though...not months or even a year. 5-10 is my guess before it is just straight accepted among all 50 States and treated like any other product, with a over abundance of regulations of course, more than any other product unfortunately.

Great thoughts on the price of produce. That will be a slight factor already talked about. Again, it really doesn't take much land to produce tons of cannabis. You are not going to see fields being ripped out and replaced with cannabis, though there will be some.
I am not sure if you have ever been to the Central Valley of California, it's pretty friggin' big bro. Not to mention the foothills that will be producing also. I have already seen foothill counties passing commercial cultivation laws and their counties are developing big grows as we speak. There was nothing being grown there before.

Water rights will be an issue, but it takes a lot less water to produce cannabis as compared to most crops, and when you bring in the value of the crop into play, it is a no brainer. Cannabis farms will get water.

I personally am not talking about taking a job bro. I am talking about creating a company by heads, that employs only heads. Right now I have some heavy hitters employed, from attorneys to financial folks and real estate professionals. Every single one of them smoke herb on the reg, and I refuse to bring anyone on my team that does not partake. If they don't smoke, they will never understand me or the culture from which I come. But that's just me. There will be unscrupulous folks who want to exploit our beloved plant, and they will lose if I have anything to do with it.

You can choose to believe me or not. Do your own due diligence. You will find out that Cali is indeed the leader in Agriculture and Cannabis will be classified as an Ag product. Take it from there.

Thanks Umbra for speaking up, I know you see what is happening in this state firsthand. BTW...a friend just got the LemonTree cut from the Lemon Fam...35K..no joke.

Thank you Rose...I appreciate the confidence in me! I need it! This isn't easy for me at all, I like where I am at. But I need to ensure that I secure myself and the folks that work for me a place in the industry. So, for me, it's either the bug or the windshield, I guess I'll be the windshield.

The easy answer is that we will import more of our food as cannabis takes over land in Cali. We already import over 20% of the food we consume in this country and the number is increasing by the minute.

If you're one of those people who look for opportunities in the ripples of new ideas, I would be wondering which country is going to be increasing food imports to this country (probably Brazil and/or Chile).

Cannabis in Cali will mean opportunities for other places to grow the food that's required to replace what Cali is no longer growing.

The world moves on....

Absolutely Sir. This will create opportunities in all kinds of different industries.

Latest posts

Back