Going legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
It has occurred to me that I will be able to go legal next month -- if I want. Right now I can't possibly be legal, but as soon as I am off the boat I can get a med card and grow legally. There are no dispensaries in this state, but med patients are allowed to grow a limited amount for themselves. The thing is, I'm not sure i want to be legal. I don't know if I want to be on that "state" list. I'm thinking that if I am very discrete no one will know I am growing anyway, so why would I want to announce it to the authorities? Advice please....

Peace

What state are you talking? In washington there is not a"list" that I know of and I have been legal for four years. I don't think the authorities know anything untill they come to your house for some reason...which hasnt' happened to me. And you show them your liscense. In this state they leave. Just my thoughts Hemperfi. Good to see you again.

Rosy, If you have a license than you are on a list. I don't trust the state (I'm in Nevada) not to turn over the list of people with licenses to the feds -- at some point or another. Perhaps I'm just paranoid. Nice to see you again too, you sweet thing.

Peace

How did i get on a list. One of the things I wished they had here is a list so that if you got stopped late at night, (which you know i am out cruising late, LOL) the police could call a list if they smelled it or saw it in your car. But, really the only way I know is if the issuing doctor tells the state, which I do not believe they do.
But I am pretty naive about such things Hemper.
I did come out to the govenor too.

I dont sweat it here in Seattle...they have a list here Rose...every time ya go to a dispenc they check your schript...so that tells me we on some verifiable list

Hemper....I was in your shoes a few years back as well....I chose to go legal so I woukdnt be so peranoid...now I sometimes wit=sh they would come see my girls:D

:48:

HemperFi said:
Rosy, If you have a license than you are on a list. I don't trust the state (I'm in Nevada) not to turn over the list of people with licenses to the feds -- at some point or another. Perhaps I'm just paranoid. Nice to see you again too, you sweet thing.

Peace

The Infamous "List".

No such "List" as I have ever heard of. Ever.

I can only speak for my state, but I know that Medical Records are private, and and leo needs a warrent to check medical records and those are not handed out easy.
So, If you just get your "rec" from a doctor, then you will not be on a "list".

Now, Dispensaries. If you join a dispensary, you will be on there "list". Now, if that dispensary gets busted, then your name will be available to what ever agency busted them.

I have been a member of at least 15-20 dispensaries that have been busted, both by State and Federal agencies. Never have I had a letter sent or "G-Men" follow me around.

Ask yourself this...Why would any leo spend time and money "investigating" folks who have a MMJ rec when they can go to weedmaps and have 100's of open storefronts selling weed,clones and hash openly listed with addresses and even menu's of what they currently have?
imo, they would not.

Thank you Hal!! I know the dispensaries contact your referring doc but not the state. Then, like you said you are on their list.

I have questioned the list thing so many times and couldn't find one.

i gotta say hemper, i always felt the same.. have epilepsy and could easily get carded.. but i never wanted to sell, and i just grow small personal.. so i stuck to being an 'outlaw'
..something didn't sit well with me, giving a very anti-marijuana government my info. there may not be a list, but it wouldn't be hard to make one. (my paranoid mind says there already is some info gathered)

..well fast forward a decade, and canada is changing it's marijuana laws, handing it all over to corporations.
currently we can grow ourselves, or designate a grower.. soon it will only be commercial grows (hate saying i told ya so :( allow pot, then allow them to take control and make mass money, as if that wasn't obvious.. take heed US med patients ;))

..sucks all around, but i'm soo happy they don't have a clue who i am.
list or no list, i feel a whole lot better about my situation than i would had i gone legal for a bit ;)
..i wouldn't put it past my government to make some list and check on everyone after the laws change here, would you? ;)

not encouraging you either way though.. *think i'd actually push you towards it, as i'd hate to see you get busted and not be covered)
but in canada, i do encourage people to not get carded now. but you being in USA, i dunno, it's a bit different there. i might've actually got carded myself if i lived there ;)
:)

There are lists. The state has a list of everyone who has a med card. You can count on that. The reason I am so reluctant to get a card is because of what I see on TV. I was watching a program the other night which clearly shows the attitude of "most" local police. I have no doubt that they would assist the feds any way they could to put a stop to legal grows. I don't know if it is happening or will happen, but I know that if you sent in the paper work to get a MMJ card you are on some list or another. It may even be illegal for local LEO to turn over legal growers, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that they would do it in a heart beat if they thought it would stop the production and distribution of weed. They hate us with a passion. They see growing weed as an epidemic which they believe is a cancer in the fabric of our society. I personally do not trust them. But that is just me. If you have already put yourself out there and "think" you are legal and beyond reproach, well, all I can say is good luck. No matter what state laws are on the books, federal laws still consider you a felon, and federal laws political name state laws every time. Now, having said all that, I may still go and get a script. I had one a few years ago, but I never sent it into the state to get the card. It was good for a year and allowed me to buy from dispensaries, but they have closed down every store in this state (the feds) and I'm sure they didn't get all the locations off of the internet. They had as much help from local law enforcement as they could provide. -- just saying.

Peace

I guess Washington state is different, and maybe California.

Tell me you how you know there is a state list?

It's just what they do, Rosy. They make lists. If you have a permit to carry a gun you are on a list as well. It shows for them right on their computer in the squad car. I doubt you will have a problem in Washington as the government seems pretty pro do what you want there and the people have spoken and voted, but here in Nevada and apparently in Norcal even though the people have spoken, LEO has not and will not change their outlook on things. This is just my concept on things. I could be wrong, but I do NOT trust our government -- federal or local.

Peace

Sub-Radar grower here for 15 years now and will most likely never get a mmj card (tho physically-disabled, could...) unless the need comes up for some unforeseen reason.

From day 1 I've never been fond on "rec's" for that exact reason. You visit a dispensary or whatever and your name goes on a list. No thank you Big Brother.

HemperFi said:
It's just what they do, Rosy. They make lists. If you have a permit to carry a gun you are on a list as well. It shows for them right on their computer in the squad car. I doubt you will have a problem in Washington as the government seems pretty pro do what you want there and the people have spoken and voted, but here in Nevada and apparently in Norcal even though the people have spoken, LEO has not and will not change their outlook on things. This is just my concept on things. I could be wrong, but I do NOT trust our government -- federal or local.

Peace

i don't trust the sob's either---but as NCH said---the state does not know you have a medical recommendation here in CA unless you use your rec to get a county medical card---(doctor patient privacy laws)---or---a dispensary you are registered to gets busted---all you need in CA to buy from a dispensary is a recommendation for use from a doctor---so your doctor has a list of his patients he gave a recommendation---the dispensary has a list of those who buy from them---and the county will have a list of only those that use their doctor rec to get a county card---i stayed rec less until the requirement to get the county card was dropped and the rec alone was sufficient protection

While I do not know for sure, I would be really surprised (actually really really surprised) if the state did not have a list of who hold cards.

The Hemp Goddess said:
While I do not know for sure, I would be really surprised (actually really really surprised) if the state did not have a list of who hold cards.

doctors do not give medical records to the state---very few use "cards" issued by the county you live---most everyone uses a simple piece of paper like a written doctors prescription---accompanied by your normal I.D. and you are good to go ;)

That's exactly what I am saying Orange, I will get the script which is only good for a year here in NV. If you want it permanient, you must send a packet of paperwork to the state and then they issue a card. I believe that if I keep my grow at the legal limits, all I will need is a script -- at least for a year at a time...

Peace

Latest posts

Back