Gold Label Hydrococo 80/20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
Anybody ever use this mix in their hydro setup? It's a ready made hydroton/coco mix. If so, what are the ups and downs? Trying to decide the best medium for Titan Controls Flo n Gro.

I use coco in a hydro setup but haven't heard of that before now. I have mixed hydroton and coco before but didn't really see any advantage of it over mixing coco with pearlite to keep it from compacting. I would think its probably good stuff, and its PH neutral which helps. Just remember that if you use it to get some cal/mag additive to go along with your nutes as coco tends to gobble up magnesium and has to have a good amount to prevent the lock-up. I use liquid cal/mag at 5ml per 15Liters of nute solution and have no problems with calmag deficiency.

Also if you intend to use coco in a hydro setup, make sure to get some coco matting that is used in the hanging baskets to hold in soil(you can get it at walmart, HD, lowes). That I have found works best to hold in the coco coir to keep it from getting through the drain holes into the resevoir. I cut it to fit in the bottom of my pots where it covers the holes that I drilled into the bottoms of my pots, and it works flawlessly. :)

Latest posts

Back