Good grief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
So my 19 yro daughter comes in all dressed up in her mini and carrying a pot about 1 gallon and gives the pot to me. In the pot is a sat dom of some kind all horrible looking.
So I say to her, 'this is a dope plant!'
She says, 'it is just for fun. A friend of mine has it in her apartment. Do you think you could fix it up for her.' :holysheep:

Oh no she di'int! Loose lips sink ships, my friend.

I am freaked out. Probably I should poison it. Apart from anything else why would I want some unknown genetics unknown sex plant with my grow!

Maybe I should say to her, "Look, if you want some primo bud, just ask. Stop messing around trying to grow a plant in a window in winter."

Watch out it's the "Borg" trying to board you ship:rofl:

damn I wish I could go to my dad about bud..

I grow for my parents.

You could always stick it in your room and see what happens. Scary stuff, will she tell others you grow? Quite a loose cannon. Feel me?

Just keep it alive for a few months and stick it outside in the spring. Let your daughter take care of it.

Its not that bad, could be a good bonding exp.
Right?

Hmm... Whatcha gonna do man? I have contemplated what I would do when my daughter starts to 'wise' up. That's a tough one. Guess if mine should decide she is a partaker, then she's gonna get a real nice 'education' somewhere between high school and college;) Couldn't see just leaving her in the dark her whole adult life and forcing her to deal with other people/dealers. IDK.

Yeah it's tricky isn't it. I dunno. I assume that she must be aware that I grow. I mean, I sometimes have a couple of plants sitting in a quiet corner of the garden. And of course she knows that I smoke. Since several years back probably.
The wife tolerates my small-scale grows but is not a fan of MJ. :eek:
I think I will have to find some space in the grow room for it. The grow room is on 12/12 so it will go into flower. Hopefully it will be a male and then I can give it back and say, 'this one is no good!'
Apart from anything else I am not exactly happy with the idea of my daughter driving with it in her car. Personal possession is legal but I am not sure if it is OK to drive a plant around ... :confused2:

I wpould be worried that daughter is out saying Dady can fix your plants...be carefull with this one leafminer...:48:..but IMO....I would rather my kids Here about MJ from me...not the uninformed preaching thier opinions...take care and be safe my friend

yeah i dunno man.. i'm not against the kids knowing.. but can't say i'm too fond of the idea of taking in one of your daughters friends plant to take of.
then who's she gonna tell when she's sharing the smoke with others? (do you know this girl well?)

your call, i think there's a lot more that could go bad than good though.

My daughter used to trim bud for a part time job, NOT known by me, while she was in high school. She just told me a year or so ago.....
We partake in the herb together now...she is a lightweight....lol...

Good luck to you, what ever you do, tho I go for the give/offer her some bud option, she dont need to be growing and such at her age. imo............. I am assuming she is over 18 tho.

My sons are in college.They now know that I grow. We have had tutorials on growing. They are going to grow whether I help them or not. I think I can help them not make the really big mistakes, and security is top on the list.

Lift it out the pot, cut its main root and put it back in the pot, it will die in a few days, end of problem.

:peace:

My daughter and girlfriend are the only ones who KNOW what I'm doing. I mean it's hard to hide when we are all under the same roof. Actually when I found out she had experimented with weed was when I decided to have the talk with her about bringing my grows indoors. Basicly I told her if you don't want our house busted into, by either thieves or cops, and you don't want to see your dad in prison (because I'd go one way or the other, either by the law, or for shooting a thief) then you don't tell anyone! She is a level headed kid, good student, polite etc. She could care less about the grow, untill they are hanging...lol. When we talked I let her know that she had been around it her whole life, and relayed a couple cute stories to her. One I'll share with you all.

She was about 4 and I had picked a few nugs and set them on the window sill to dry out, she had been out to my patch with me and watched me look over the plants, pick etc. So I set them up on the window and say to her, "Now don't you touch that, thats daddy's smoke." Like 3 weeks later my then mother -in-law was over and my daughter goes to a big potted house plant we had in our living room, and starts picking leaves off of it, and setting them on the window sill, she looks and points her finger at her grandma, and says "Now you don't touch that grandma, thats my smoke!" My wife at the time did not see the humor in it, but it's makeing me laugh right now remembering it.

I still have not smoked with her, even though I know she has been in my mason jars. She has asked me to, for some reason I don't feel comfy with smoking with a 16 yr old, and I don't want her to think she can just burn in front of me. I am supposed to be the authority here. I have told her, that I don't want to know. Act like you don't have a "cool" dad, and hide it like the rest of your friends have to. I'm sure we will burn together someday, but I'm thinking more when she is an adult 18 or so. Although she is definately more of an adult than I was at her age. Honestly I would rather her smoke weed than ride around drinking, which seems to be socially acceptable for kids her age. I'm a drunk, who doesn't drink, but she saw plenty of stupidity growing up (I'm not proud of that, but thats the way it was) so I think she knows first hand the evils of alcohol, at least in our irish blood, geneticaly we are screwed when it comes to drinking. I know I was blazing at that age, more than I do now.

I'd say this could be a bonding experience for the 2 of you...Good Luck with whatever you decide!

That's really amusing. I like your take on this. Yeah sure I am no way going to blaze up in front of my daughter or son, for that matter. Still pondering this one! I mean, if I were to tell my wife that she brought in a pot plant ... I dunno what'll go down! Great big argument maybe! :eek:
And then the daughter will hate me for ratting her out. But if I don't tell the wife, and the wife discovers the plant ... "is this one of YOURS?":hitchair: I can see it now. So that means I need to put it in the grow room.:rolleyes: Then . . . daughter says 'where's my friends plant' and I'm, er, it's in the secret grow room that you are not supposed to know about.';)
I bet she has noticed me going in and out of there. Probly looking out of her window one night and saw a flood of unnatural light suddenly appear in a supposedly unused barren nook! :eek: And waits till I go out and investigates and finds the big plants. I mean, one of mine makes the other poor thing look like a daisy.

Toss crap plant...give a nice new rooted cutting give back in a day or so and say "here ya go good as new" :p

I would tell her the plant is too messed up to help and then remind her how much trouble she/you could have gotten into over a friend...then leave it at that. JMO though..

Or, throw it in flower, take it back out and let it hermi, then send it back with a shrug and a 'sorry, I was never that good at this kind of stuff'

Latest posts

Back