Got a 3month old blue.. wheres the best place to take clones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
I just got a 3 month old female dutch passion blueberry from a friend.. Its too tall to make into a mom, so I have it bent horizontally in the veg chamber.. i need to take some clones and make the best clone a mom...
where is the best place to take clones from?
Im going to pickup some rockwhool cubes and rooting hormone gel or powder tomorrow to try my first cloning.
I have been reading up on cloning techniques, but any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

The lower on the plant, the better. Take as many as you can, you can always throw away clones.

You can take clones from anywhere but the lower branches often make good use of branches that would be low producers later in flowering. I try to wait until the branches are around 1/8" thick and when I can get a good 5-6" clone from the growing tip. Another option is to take some cutting high to top your branching and then put your 3 month old gal into bloom. It has a very developed root structure at this point and even if you hack up the plant a bit as long as you leave plenty of leaves and bud sites all that energy will have to go toward developing flowers.

Several years ago I had a very chopped up large mother plant of THSeeds The Hog that I flowered and used a screen to keep the canopy even and I got over 4 oz in buds from that plant under a 600w hps in a closet grow. There's a lot of energy stored up in that plant and if you can harness and control the growth you could have a great producer.

Good Luck!:cool:

Thanks guys. How often should I mist the dome to keep high rh for clones?

The best few tips I can give you about cloning in my experience are that you will get a much better result if you instantly (half it ready before you cut off a cutting) dip the cutting into root hormone.

Also cut the cutting off at a 45 degree angle (maximum surface area for root growth).

Also do not dip straight into the bottle... Take out a separate little glob for each cutting right before you cut it from the mother. That prevents disease transfer.

i usually take them in my studio where no one will bother me.:rolleyes:

I have my best success from taking clones from lower branches and as close to the main stem/stalk as I can. Then just follow one of the many cloning techniques here at MariP. I use a bubble cloner for my DWC and have/did just stick some in a cup of soil with some rooting hormone.

Latest posts

Back