Got a flowering question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anglerguy78

Reaction score
Just visited a remote grow to find two hermies in early bloom with males (yeah...pollen) showing within about 20 ft of 7 other females in early flowering...probably for about a week or so. I carefully removed the males to minimize pollen spread (put bags over branches before cutting) and removed from site and buried. Is it too late...did the pollen already fertilize the existing flowering plants? Will they stop growing bud and put energy into seed? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

It could have pollinated the preflowers on the girls, if they aren't in full bloom maybe it will be ok... Good luck. I would think you would still get some bud.

Mist all the plants to kill any stray pollen...you should be okay but would expect some seeds...

:48:

I don't know all you you can do is sit around and wait to see what happens you should have washed the plant with fresh water just to wash away any pollen that made it to the leafs and not the buds if that even helps .

Yes, the females will be pollinated. They will grow both bud and seed. How many seeds you end up with is dependent on too many factors to even venture a guess. The quality of the bud is generally a little less because the plant puts energy into making seeds (worthless unfortunately), but you should still end up with some nice smoke.

If the plants that hermied came from the same seeds as the females (where did you get the seeds that hermied?), keep a close eye out for more hermies.

Like mentioned, any male spewing pollen (or even close) should be sprayed with water before you touch anything.

Thanks all for your thoughts and suggestions. I did mist all female plants on tops and bottoms of leaves and flowers so this should help. Will keep an eye out for more herms. Looks like more vigilance is needed during critical pre-flower and flower time. Go Green!

If they were only flowering for a week? younger hairs might have few seeds at the internodes where the pre flowers are and what hairs might be there not may be seeded but it will be MINIMAL.

I'd be more worried about the females popping nanners mid flower.

Just got to be vigilant every few days to look for males. Hope for a long summer and fall.

Latest posts

Back