Green Giant Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pot Belly said:
Hey AB - I'm going to put another grow in my old GG can and keep it going. So I'll be joining again soon.

I think the idea on this grow (other than the GG can) is to contain all the roots in the can. Hydro would be interesting if you could do your trick with it and keep them in there. My .02 cents. I would love to see a go at hydro on this.

Mutt's the boss on this one since he started it, though. He'll pipe in soon enough.........;)

I was able to keep the roots in the container for the "Shotglass Grow," so I figure I should be able to do the same for the can. I will probably just do another Wick system. Just got to figure out what to use for a reservoir. Maybe another can?

Mutt said:
Yo AB...if everyone esle don't have a prob with it...go for it.

Right on, man! Looks like we'll be having some green beans with dinner tommorow night. I'll have my system up in a couple of days.

What do you think....Cold Cathodes, LEDs, CFLs, or HPS? I'm thinking HPS to maximize the yield. I'll play around with those other lights some other time. ;)

Hey everyone - update on the Green Giant in a can.............

Mine is at 9 weeks in flower. Going for another week or so before the chopperoo. I've got a bagseed sprout begging to go in the can when it becomes empty.

Looking pretty phat for a plant grown out of a small container. Have phun!:p

PB:)

Green Giant 9 weeks flower.JPG

GG cola.JPG

Looks fantastic for a lady grown in a can. Lol! The crown bud looks bigger than the container that it's in. Great job my friend. Keep up the good work. Keep us posted and good luck with her. Take care and be safe. Cant wait for a harvest weight on that beauty.

Pot Belly said:
Hey everyone - update on the Green Giant in a can.............

Mine is at 9 weeks in flower. Going for another week or so before the chopperoo. I've got a bagseed sprout begging to go in the can when it becomes empty.

Looking pretty phat for a plant grown out of a small container. Have phun!:p

PB:)
dam looks like u might get about 14 grams ofthat monster....iwill post pics of mine soon they got a new home ive been so busy seting it all up...ps

Wow Pot Belly, that looks fantastic! I'm hoping to do at least half that.

So, here is my start. This is a White Widow growing in a mixture of 50/50 perlite/vermiculite. There are a couple of holes in the can for drainage.

Woo Hoo! It's fun to be growing again...LOL.:D

I am going to veg under my LEDs and flower under the 400W HPS. I have the set up isolated so if these blow up again, my house wont burn down.

GGWW2.jpg

GGWW1.jpg

AlienBait said:
I have the set up isolated so if these (LED's) blow up again, my house wont burn down.

My seedling is about the same size as yours AB, and I'm almost ready to 'vacate' the can.:hubba:

I read that a lot of LED manufacturers "overdrive" the LED circuits to make them as bright as they can, and it causes the failure you experienced. And yes potentially a fire.

I had a cfl flame out in one of my lamp sockets in my house (not for growing), and it scared the bejesus out of me. It makes me leary to use cfls for unsupervised growing use. HID only for me for growing.

Good luck on your plant in a can.

LOL i just see this GJ man are you all doing the whole grow in a can? Hey PB how tall did the one you had get ? What size are the cans?, just standard size 12oz cans??

I think i am going to join in guys... Give me till tomorrow. I will be ready....Unless its too late????

Timmyjg6 said:
I think i am going to join in guys... Give me till tomorrow. I will be ready....Unless its too late????

I don't think Mutt knew exactly what he was starting here.:D This thread should never be done. The neverending Green Giant Grow Journal thread. Pop in a bean, and let's see how yours does.

This thread should end up in 10,000 post history. I do like the idea of only using the Green Giant can for the grow, cause that's what it is.;)

Dubbaman said:
LOL i just see this GJ man are you all doing the whole grow in a can? Hey PB how tall did the one you had get ? What size are the cans?, just standard size 12oz cans??

Hey Dubbs - the whole grow is in the can. My can is 10.5 oz.:eek: Smaller than a beer can.:cool:

The one I still have is about 16 inches tall, and getting very fat and top heavy. I'm finding that growing in a very small container limits the size of the main stem, because it's not growing in diameter compared to the same strain grown in a larger growing container.

She's getting chopped soon. Just waiting for the trichs to get nice and amber. :hubba: It'll be 10 weeks in flower this Saturday.

AlienBait said:
Wow Pot Belly, that looks fantastic! I'm hoping to do at least half that.

So, here is my start. This is a White Widow growing in a mixture of 50/50 perlite/vermiculite. There are a couple of holes in the can for drainage.

Woo Hoo! It's fun to be growing again...LOL.:D

I am going to veg under my LEDs and flower under the 400W HPS. I have the set up isolated so if these blow up again, my house wont burn down.

Good to see someone following his idea. Beautiful work there alien. Take care and be safe. I wish you the best of luck with the little one.

Well, since PurpleSkunk posted his today, I figure I should do the same. :) Here is mine at 3 weeks...and yes, I'm using a tuna can as a reservoir. :p Green Giant doesn't have a can that short....

GG-3wks.jpg

It's very small for 3 weeks, even for being in a can. Not quite sure what's going on there. I might have to make passive mini hydro system a little more "active." :D

Looking pretty well regardless of its home.

What lights you be usin' , huh?

Latest posts

Back