Greetings to you all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soryu

Reaction score
Yea, thought i'd introduce myself here. I'm a new grower. Frankly i'm probably not as serious as some of you here, however I've always enjoyed growing plants and after smoking for awhile I had aquired a small supply of seeds.

Lately I've decided to take a short break from smoking to 'detox' since my tolerance has gotten a bit too high. Instead of just upping the dosage, I thought a break would be more useful. However to occupy myself I decided to try my hand at growing my own supply.

I decided to start small and only used 3 seeds. I planted one around some bushes by my house which provided coverage from neighbors. Though it has since been destroyed by accidental flooding of the area from the nearby faucet.

The remaining 2 however I had to be a bit creative with in their placement.
Using 2 seperate pots, I placed them on my roof outside my window. The area provides full coverage from neighbors, and can only be seen from a small area in the backyard. You'd have to actually be looking for them to notice they were there. Additonally that area of the roof provides almost constant coverage from the sun from morning until dusk and has coverage from the rain so they dont get drowned in water.

I've mostly just been watering them when the soil is dry, which is roughly once a day except for the days when it was raining. At the end of the first week the sprouts only had 2 leaves. Its now nearing the end of the 2nd week and a second pair have grown as well. I hope to keep everyone informed of the progress so far.

Overall I don't think this will be a success. I'm still inexperienced with both the different sexes of the plant and some of the more effective methods of growing I've read on the web so far. However while my hopes aren't high, I will try my best to make sure the plants grow correctly so any time I try again after this will yield better results.

Sorry if this went on for too long. Wasn't sure what would be best to put down in here for my intro post.

good luck man cant wait to see some pics man are you going to start a grow journal??

I do hope to start one eventually. I've read over a few already which I've been using to compare progress which is extremly helpful. The main thing i'm worried about is the sex of the plants. I've been trying to research as much as I can however it just seems that if both are the same gender its just bad luck. Though its probably not that surprising of an outcome since i'm only using 2 seeds for this.

I'd try to do more but i'm not sure how much I can keep hidden from sight if I add more. Overall it seems like a fun hobby once you can get a good growing station setup.

Soryu-

I just have 2 plants under lights right now, but I do have 3 outside in some dirt incase the other 2 decide to be males. Hopefully tho they will be girls.

If they're both male.. then I'd call it bad luck. You want to have females, because they're the producers of bud. Males are useless, unless you plan to make seeds.

You might want to watch out for the temperature on your roof.. it can get real hot up there during the day, probably enough to cook your plants.

Is there any possibility of moving the plants indoors? Inside it's much easier to control everything, you might have greater success. Of course, some $ would need to be spent for lights and ventilation, but I'd bet it would end up being cost effective.

Welcome, and kudos for giving your system a break.:fly:

No chance of moving indoors atm. My resources are low atm and i'm not able to assemble a decent indoor growing area which is why im going with a bit of a rustic method. From what I've read from other journals i'm probably going to be getting 2 males anyway since the other controls aren't really being kept up such as ph.

The roof doesn't seem to be that harmful so far. That'll probably change as it develops. For the first week I had been growing both plants in the same pot. Only a few days ago was when I got another pot to seperate the two. Once they get big enough though i'll have to setup something indoors.

I planted on 4/20 as it seemed like a good time to start my first attempt, and they sprouted about 2 days after I put them outside.

If its alright to use someone elses .img for an example my 2 look a bit like this right now:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23327&stc=1&d=1176934915
(sry to drfting07, i'll remove the link if its not cool)

Latest posts

Back