Gro room help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cmd420 said:
I want him to use 12" inline fans with 8" or 12" ducting...I didn't think of using the attic...

I haven't seen the space and I don;t know if there is an accessible attic, but if there is, now my probs are solved...

I don't know the details, but my buddy has already done the math and knows that the juice won't be cheap....

thx for responding HG....:)

All attics are accessible. If there is not an access in the garage, it is super simple to cut one in. It can be problematic going through the roof--unless it is done correctly with the correct flashings, you will have a leak. If there is any way to keep from penetrating the roof, I would recommend it.

IRISH said:
wow. better be on your game when using co2. research is the key to success...

hey cmd. you did the hash plants this summer, right? clone, or seed? what was your earliest flower period in days?...

I did the hash plant this fall and it's almost finished...I did em from clones, but here's the thing Irish..they are taking 8+ weeks to finish flowering!..

the yeild is great..quality, smell all good, but I'm a hydro guy and I'm not used to such a long flower period:(

I would definitley reccommend..just be patient with it:)

"All attics are accessible. If there is not an access in the garage, it is super simple to cut one in. It can be problematic going through the roof--unless it is done correctly with the correct flashings, you will have a leak. If there is any way to keep from penetrating the roof, I would recommend it."

I am going to look up "flashings" cuz I hadn't thought about the light leaks when I cut a vent hole...

As soon as I read about your opinion on cutting into the roof, I realized that if I cut into the roof, I am then going to be dealing with all types of weatherproofing issues...thank you HG

My room below is 10x12. 440cfm in and 900 out. Super simple to seal a hole cut. Go to depot, get cart, ask dude to help out. Be outta there in minutes. Keep us updated. I am gonna switch to DWC next round. Not sure on strain yet. GL.

cmd420 said:
I did the hash plant this fall and it's almost finished...I did em from clones, but here's the thing Irish..they are taking 8+ weeks to finish flowering!..

the yeild is great..quality, smell all good, but I'm a hydro guy and I'm not used to such a long flower period:(

I would definitley reccommend..just be patient with it:)

"All attics are accessible. If there is not an access in the garage, it is super simple to cut one in. It can be problematic going through the roof--unless it is done correctly with the correct flashings, you will have a leak. If there is any way to keep from penetrating the roof, I would recommend it."

I am going to look up "flashings" cuz I hadn't thought about the light leaks when I cut a vent hole...

As soon as I read about your opinion on cutting into the roof, I realized that if I cut into the roof, I am then going to be dealing with all types of weatherproofing issues...thank you HG

LOL--not light leaks--water leaks. It is NOT simple to seal a hole in a roof. And I NEVER trust those HD sales people--truly most of them do not know what they are talking about. I am in the trades and I have heard them give out soooo much wrong/bad advise that I don't trust them on anything.

Buy a book or watch DIY video, If you feel it not so simple. I went to free class at the depot for how to do it. Only thing I did not do on my own is electrical.

So we could cut a hole in the roof and seal it (correctly) for an air vent...but I don't wanna cut holes in roofs if I don't have to.....

I think we'll do some nice holes with venting cover under each eave connected to 12" inline fans pulling air out of the room...there will be some ducting between the inline fan and the vent to prevent light leaks (I hope I wrote that so it makes sense)...

So that's what I got for ventilation and lighting/cooling...onward....

I was planning a 2 month veg period without topping, just keeping the lower 1/3 trimmed...Is that the best plan to get a good yield? I was planning 4-6 plants under each 1000w (6-9 total)

I'm familiar with the strain that we'll be doing, and I've had good results from the ones that I have that weren't topped...

Disclaimer:My friend knows an electrician that will dial in the appropriate grounded 240v outlets/electrical work...SAFETY FIRST:)

BTW thx folks..I'm getting this mapped out in the old noodle with ya'lls help:)

CMD I know they cost more but I use GFCI Breakers on EVERY electric circuit that goes to the grow area. Most Electricans that know what you are doing will reccommend the same thing. water and electric just don't like each other and you don't want to be in the middle of their fight.

I run the intake and exhaust out the crawlspace 6" vent holes. Could do that and not cut in the roof. Just need some extra fans, instead of one large one. When your running that many plants, get the bugs under control. I use Floramite and Organicide. Yet to see anything survive post spray. The electrican will know about it too?

The electrician asks no questions and will be doing his stuff first...

I plan to spray neem on them every 4 days, and Azamax once every three in the week before 12/12...

then in 12/12 Neem every 4 days for the first 3-4 weeks, then azamax one last time before harvest...

Keep in mind that I will keep temps coooool so that pests will have a hard time getting a foothold regardless

I though about Floramite for a systemic approach as well...still on the fence about it..I guess I would rather not have to mess with my feedings/nutes...

Thanks for bringing up pest control....I don't know if I should have a different approach for this many plants or whether my principle approach is sound...

thx ya'll

I agree. My dad owns a construction company, he says sometimes they joke about the electricans doing side jobs on CL. A few are keen to what they are wiring, but have no interest beyond the cash they get. Hell, couple of them have a few in the closet. I had someone come out and plug in new breaker in hot tub disconnect. Had catering tables set up and was getting ready for small party. Told him I need 2 20' whatever gauge wiring with a 6 gang box on each end. I had some mini rides in the yard, etc. Think no matter what I said, it will always linger in the back of my mind. Hence why I always peek out windows sometimes. Happy T day all!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I agree. My dad owns a construction company, he says sometimes they joke about the electricans doing side jobs on CL. A few are keen to what they are wiring, but have no interest beyond the cash they get"

that's pretty much my feeling on that kind of stuff..I was a cable guy for the last two years and I can tell you that among us (cable guys), that was the general vibe...

plus this electrician is just a private friend.....not somebody tha works for anyone else.... nor will be using anyone else's time or equipment..whew!

I see questions about security as care and concern to help someone not get busted...a very nice expression of looking out for someone..thx folks....

I just remembered to note that I live in Northern California..things are lenient here...

I know that is not a reason to be lax on security..for a bunch of reasons, but LEO is somewhat less of a concern for a certified medical grower...

Hope everyone enjoys thier feast, if they choose to have one...

this is a moment to think of those that aren't so lucky

Latest posts

Back