"Grow #2: Bubba Kush, GDP, Romulan, Super Grape Ape & Purple Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckdee123

Roland Burnett
Reaction score
hey all, new to this website and new to growing. just wanted to keep everyone up to date on my grow and have a place to inquire about whatever may happen throughout this grow.
i have three clones that i put into soil 6 days ago. i have them under a 400w HPS light currently doing 18 hour cycles. i'm splitting a gallon of water between the three of them every two days or so, depending on how dry the soil feels. i'm also using Fox Farm "big bloom" with every other watering (excluding the first couple) i am also planning on getting some Humboldt's Own "gravity" but i'm not sure i will have that in time for this grow. we'll see.
i have a fan for exhaust up above and another fan pointed at the plants. (see photos)
from left to right: bubba kush, GDP, romulan

as i am very new to growing, and most of the members on this website seem very experienced and knowledgeable about the craft, ANY tips/suggestions/criticism is more than welcome.

thanks for looking & wish me luck!

PC140004-1.jpg

PC140003-1.jpg

PC140002-1.jpg

PC140001-1.jpg

is big bloom for vegging or for flowering ? I usually feed once a week..the clones are small and wont be needing to eat much yet, good luck nice choices..

according to the fox farm instructions 'big bloom' is to be used starting the first week with every other watering

has anyone used the fox farm line before? i was happy with the quality of my first grow, but i'm looking for way bigger and way more dense bud. i know it's possible! (largest bud from my first grow was 1.8 grams)
i realize light has a lot to do with it, and am hooking up some better reflection and got the lights closer.
tell me about your experiences with the fox farm line!
thanks

hey chuck welcome aboard. wait until plants start turning a lil yellow b4 adding nutes. take it easy yah funkee homosapien

fox farm is a great line of products. i use their veg for my mothers. Lots of things factor into a good grow; lighting, ventilation, growing medium, strain, etc. So always look to improve your grow and those buds will SWELL

just recently jman posted a thread about several nutes and is compiled very well...

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50463

check it out it is a lengthy read but well worth it. :D

Also here is a link to the foxfarm feed schedule... take there amounts with a grain of salt though because you will want to start off feeding at about 1/4 of the amount that they suggest so that you don't burn your plants.

hxxp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

replace the xx with tt ;)

there are alot of us growers on here using ff and its a great nute but can burn your babies quickly if your not careful!

Lama^ thanks man, good read. only got through the fox farm test for now though..
2doc^thanks for the link!
Docfish^HIEROGLYPHICS CREWWWWW YA DONT STOP!

also just to let you know i just ordered some Gravity. pretty juiced about it... but i've heard its kinda risky.. any personal experiences?

edit: i keep forgetting to ask, i was chilling at my local cannabis club talking to some grower, and he mentioned "sweet." he said it was a nutrient that raises sugar levels in the plant, resulting in a sweeter taste and smell. cant find anything about it via google, anybody know whatsup?

lordhighlama said:
Also here is a link to the foxfarm feed schedule... take there amounts with a grain of salt though because you will want to start off feeding at about 1/4 of the amount that they suggest so that you don't burn your plants.

hxxp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

replace the xx with tt ;)

there are alot of us growers on here using ff and its a great nute but can burn your babies quickly if your not careful!

this is the schedule i have been following.. thanks for the heads up i will lower my dosage.

another question...based on the photos above, how many plants would you put in that space? i feel like i could fit a couple more if i did i correctly..

I'd say u could prolly squeeze 6 in that space with the size pots your using. Question 4 U... do you have that space enclosed when you aren't taking pictures of it?

the space is closed off. it's the space under a staircase, and it has a small door you kind of have to crawl through. i also am hooking up a reflective curtain type thing to hang across the side that has no reflector.

i'm considering getting another GDP clone and getting it into this grow late. these have only been in for about 1 week, and i want to try using Gravity on one plant and not another, but figure i could only really tell the difference if it were the same strain. any thought on getting more plants in here late?

shouldn't be a problem... just try your best to make sure the canopy height is even. Either through some training or use something to stack under the shorter plants.

cool. i think i'm gonna just get three more in front of the three that are already there. i'm trying to make this yield worth it

just make sure you enclose that front face with something... otherwise you'll be loosing alot of precious lumens.

I'm assuming that once you close off the area under the stairwell it becomes light proof? No light leaks during night hours right?

Yeah, i just hooked up a reflective board leaning up on that front side.
and once the door is closed the area is light-tight other than what leaks from the doorway, and i keep a sheet of plywood in front of the door to try and dampen that.
i really appreciate all the input Lama, thanks a whole lot and keep checking back!

here are a couple pics of the forth side's reflection. now my problem is where to put the fan where it can get to the plants... and should i be running the fan yet? i've been running to vent up top but not the regular fan...

PC160001-1.jpg

PC160002-1.jpg

yeah, just went in there to check on it and the temp by the plants read 99 degrees and burn spots already began to show...all bad.. i took that 4th wall out of there for now until i figure how to get a fan keeping it cool

edit: went back to see the temp without the wall, and it was still rediculously high, like 93. i just bought a thermometer that has a wire with a reader on the end that i put right by the plants under the light to read how hot the plants actually were. so i'm guessing its been this hot since i moved the lights down closer about two days ago... am i screwed? i just got a regular fan going in there that brought the temp down to just over 80... HELP

do you have an exhaust fan in there anywhere? To get those temps down in such a small space your gonna need to be bringing fresh air in and extracting out the stale hot air.

As for the fans, they are good to have at all stages of growth. They will help strengthen the stems and keep good air circulation under your canopy. But you did the right thing in pulling that temp reflector away until you can get your temps manageable.

Keep tweeking with it and soon you'll get it under control.

Latest posts

Back