Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning all :)

Things seem great in the tent. After I raised it up a bit yesterday, the plants seemed to thank me by growing more and not dying anymore lol. Leaving those 2 leaves that are going to dry and die off, noticed a bit of yellowing at the tips of 2 more leaves on the "worse" of the two... just hoping that's not N deficiency. Now I'm caught between YOU FED TO EARLY and WHY AREN'T YOU FEEDING THEM?! lol

The 5x Blue OG are doing great, and seem to be working on their second set of true leaves already... man, I highly recommend these G13 Blue OG seeds. Nothing but raw growing power so far! 36 hours after being between paper towels they had shed their hoods? Crazy good :) The 3x PC's are doing quite well, minus a tad bit of yellowing at the tips of the leaves on one of them (not all the leaves but the next set up from the ones that burnt.. N Defic?) The Blue Lemon Thai was the youngest of all of them, and is showing NO signs of issues what so ever, actually is the best looking of all the plants...so it's telling me my damage wasn't from nutes at all, but from the light. I mean, wouldn't the Nutes have burned the living HELL out of that littler plant that was days behind the PC's? I fed the BLT the SAME amount and strength nutes as the 3 PC's. 1 of the PC's is doing extremely good though, so again I'm thinking it was the light in combination with some pools of water and being so close to the light directly after my transplant. Just kind of thinking out loud here :bong:

Temps: 71°
RH: 55%

Here's some pics... thoughts?

GrowDay25Morning.jpg

GrowDay25Morning-2.jpg

GrowDay25Morning-3.jpg

GrowDay25Morning-4.jpg

GrowDay25Morning-5.jpg

GrowDay25Morning-6.jpg

GrowDay25Morning-7.jpg

Ah the challenge of multiple strains. I have one strain that doesn't take mutes well. Same everything as three other strains next to it and it looks terrible. And the clones are fine. So it tells me not to nute this strain until it clearly shows that it needs it. Seems as though its fine once it's older. Just real sensitive early on. Other than that looks great!

I think you could give the 4 bigger ones nutes at 300 ppm without worry.

Bump it up once they grow a inch or 2.

When plants need N there growth slows and they become pail green, bottom leaves will yellow and die. Its pretty clear when they need nitrogen.

Nute burn can be slower to manifest, unless its a overdose.
Plants look dark green, growing tips burn and can curl under.

Ok took some pics and even a video (that I did horribly, considering I don't know my camera well for video and I ran out of space on the card) but it shows my questions and thoughts on my Pineapple Chunk. The 2 with burnt leaves are now starting to look like 2nd node set is starting to yellow at the tips. Isn't this N dif?

Temps: 71°
RH: 60%
PPM: 73
PH 6.3

Direct link to movie: hxxp://205.196.123.7/u3czjk9sjf2g/rwel2d5iivrdymi/FirstSession.mp4

GrowDay25Afternoon.jpg

GrowDay25Afternoon-2.jpg

GrowDay25Afternoon-3.jpg

GrowDay25Afternoon-4.jpg

Growdude said:
I think you could give the 4 bigger ones nutes at 300 ppm without worry.

Bump it up once they grow a inch or 2.

When plants need N there growth slows and they become pail green, bottom leaves will yellow and die. Its pretty clear when they need nitrogen.

Nute burn can be slower to manifest, unless its a overdose.
Plants look dark green, growing tips burn and can curl under.

Excellent! Please read and review the post just below yours. You seemed to post this just as I want posting it up, and are really saying what I was thinking. I'm going to give the bigger ones some nutes right now I believe. Thank you so much. :D

Alright just did 2 quarts between the 4 big ones, with 1/8 strength nutes @ 412 PPM. Let's see what happens. :) Worst case scenario, I burn em totally and have to start over. hah

EllisD said:
Alright just did 2 quarts between the 4 big ones, with 1/8 strength nutes @ 412 PPM. Let's see what happens. :) Worst case scenario, I burn em totally and have to start over. hah

I dont think thats going to hurt them.

Just let the soil dry out well before you give them more.
Let the first few inches of soil become dry then water, if they start to droop before that give them water.

I only say all that because if you overwater and the roots cant breath then it mimics a N deficency.

Yeah indeed man. The soil was quite dry a few knuckles down.. quite dry.

ShOrTbUs said:
... damaged leaflets can not hurt your plants overall well being

c' mon really ? lol

I always keep my plants clean. I never leave any dead ihs on them!!!:hubba:
to each its own

the way dead leafs don;t do you good is because they're just extra weight.
plus it takes the atention away from the healthy leafs.

also is a great way to get mold and bacteria building up.

we are here to give good advice not to confuse the noobs

lol indeed, please get a general consensus going you smart med growers! I'm sure you can agree on a silly dead leaf hah :D

Thanks for checking in Dr. Heading up to check my plants right now, hoping everything is looking good.

pcduck said:
I let nature do her thing. She will shed them leaves when she does not need them as ShortBus has mentioned. And if they are dead like the dr said what harm is there in leaving them. They are not hurting nothing since they are dead(?)

Them girls are small and already stressed out why stress it more?

the reason is above

and as far as stress
part of the plant is dying and if you don't clean it
it will cause more harm then good
just carrying dead matter around never work s good:hubba:
later
and c'mon everybody knows you gotta keep your plants from any dead or dying parts.

peace;)

Just checked everything out and everything looks great this morning! :) Temps 67° RH is 42%. All 5 seedlings are extremely healthy, and the 3 PC and 1 BLT are in excellent shape seemingly, after nute feeding yesterday.

I've read a lot about spraying a couple times during veg, with a light Neem mixture, just because... even if you don't have anything, just as preventative. What do you all think of this? I have an idea what I generally think you'll all say, but I'd rather ask any and every question that's going through my mind.

Do not spray with Neem oil. First off, I have not found it effective in preventing anything. Second, as the name implies, it is an oil. I personally believe that the oil clogs the pores of the leaves resulting in poor transpiration and absorption of CO2. I really do not like Neem oil at all for anything.

Do not spray with Neem oil. First off, I have not found it effective in preventing anything. Second, as the name implies, it is an oil. I personally believe that the oil clogs the pores of the leaves resulting in poor transpiration and absorption of CO2. I really do not like Neem oil at all for anything.

You're supposed to mix it with a Saturator as well (Soap) so that it prevents pore clogging, but yeah I see what you're saying. Thanks for checking in THG!! :D

I mix almost everything I spray with soap, more a wetting agent--don't know that it prevents clogged pores. I'm a firm believer in "don't fix it if it isn't broke". It is common to want to do too much for your plants, especially when you are just starting out.

I have to agree with ya THG. Besides,,Water and Oil do not mix,,so soap aint gonna help keep the Stomas from being stopped up.

Dr. Robertsozki said:
and c'mon everybody knows you gotta keep your plants from any dead or dying parts.

peace;)

I guess you better tell Mother Nature that.:D

I can just imagine some warehouse grower going around to each and every plant they have and dabbing water droplets off each leaf of every plant with toilet paper.:laugh:

I have enough air circulation in my tent that the leaves will just fall off naturally when the plant is done with them. All I have to do is pick them up off the floor. There is no stress this way for the girls. Pick a leaf that is not dead and look at the place of the connection...See that clear fluid? That is energy being taken away from producing buds, trying to heal the scar.

I like my girls to have the least amount of stress they can. Especially when small and when flowering.

You will be finding out that there are many ways to grow, some work better then others. You just need to decide what works best for you.

Oh wow, thanks for all the replies everyone :)

I'm leaving the leaves for now, and seeing what happens. Just checked temps and I'm at 63° and 42% RH... eek lol BUT... on the BRIGHT side, they look better than ever. They are surely thanking me for the nutes yesterday! :D :) :bong:

Latest posts

Back