Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Throw up some updated pics and Ill take a look.
Show some with the plant top to bottom.

Also tell us exactly what your using for nutes and how your mixing them, include all sprays or anything used please.

Alright, thanks for checking in... please stick around, because in the next hour I'll have a detailed update for you. :)

Growdude said:
Throw up some updated pics and Ill take a look.
Show some with the plant top to bottom.

Also tell us exactly what your using for nutes and how your mixing them, include all sprays or anything used please.

Ok here we go...First off, take notice I'm doing Xnutrient line, and using their "advanced program" minus the "bloom spray" (don't spray your flowering plants.) I am using the Grow Spray, with very light mixture compared to what is required on the chart.

So after getting general guidance here, I started my nutes around 300 ppm.. after first round of nutes I did. First round, I went by my 1/4 strength chart which was 2ml GROW and 3ml MICRO. After I did that, I went with the 300ppms suggested.. because the ppms on the chart were at around 834ppm.

Also, according to xnutrients.com you're supposed to feed with nutes EVERY feeding. (THG mentioned she read this on their site near the very beginning of this journal.) I have been going off the theory of; start with 300 ppms, feed every other day, and use straight water in between.. as to not burn them. I'm wondering if my Cal / P def is from note feeding them enough. I'm finally up in the 600 ppm range for nutes, but still nowhere near what the chart required. I'm wondering.. should I be way up more on the nutes? It doesn't seem like burn it seems like lack. I was told this is a rather "weak" nute line and it's nearly impossible to burn them with this. Should I stop being so safe and up the nutes a bit faster in progression? I'm not even at my "Week 1: 2ml Grow 3ml Micr" level yet!

Here's some pics. You can see my FIM job, and I thought I got about 80% of it, but to me it just looks like it's growing back wrong or something. I only FIM'ed 2 plants, and left 2 others. Take note, these spots did not happen right after grow spray .. more like days after, so I still think it's deficiency all around?

lol, let the pros handle it, thoughts? :D

~Also, am I wrong to think I'm near my flowering point for the 4 large ones?~

GrowDay35-8.jpg

GrowDay35-7.jpg

GrowDay35-6.jpg

GrowDay35-5.jpg

GrowDay35-4.jpg

GrowDay35-3.jpg

GrowDay35-2.jpg

GrowDay35.jpg

From the pics I'd GUESS that you missed with the FIM, in the second to last pic is best example. If I were to FIM her I would've pushed the two leafs that are cut out of the way and "cut" the little sprout of growth that was there

I find it very hard to fim without getting some of the leaf material. Mine generally have leaves that look half bug eaten, but aren't--just a fim job where I got some of the leaves. I have never found it to harm the grow.

Curious, what do you think of the "effected" leaves THG? I'm thinking deficiency of multiple types. You mentioned that the site said to give nutes every feeding.. I've been skipping and doing every other.. sometimes skipping 2 days and doing just water on them.

It says 8 ml grow and 10 micro is 567 base ppm, your ppm is high for as little nutes as your using.

I hate giving advice on nutes I dont use.

Do you have to mix the micro in the water first? before adding the grow, do you do that?
This is why I like Floranova grow when you start out.
Its one part and all you need for a great vegg.

If you are sure of your PH then they may need more, leaves have a pale look.
But dont add more if your PH is off or you have a lockout from improper mixing then more wont help just make things worse.

How are you checking your PH? alot peat in your soil mix?

I actually believe that you have nute burn, however it could be pH problems. I am also not familiar with your nutes, so hate to give advise. Like Growdude, I use and like FloraNova Grow.

Hmm.. the images match the deficiencies I've looked up.

Thanks for chiming in all.

I'm not mixing even 2ml grow 3ml micro yet.. that's 832 PPM .. I'm mixing grow in before micro.

Also, I'm checking with a newer Hanna PH meter, and with the drops. They are 6.2 - 6.5 depending.. usually around 6.5. Feeding every other day, sometimes giving them a 2 day break. So I'm scared to feed right now thinking burn, then I'm scared to think I'm not feeding enough. bah....

EllisD said:
.. I'm mixing grow in before micro.

Make sure your not supposed to mix in the micro first, thats how its done with GH 3 part.

I've read all over the directions and seen absolutely no mention of this. :confused2:

Checked their website etc...

So yeah, I'll need to sort out what to do today. Feed with just water, feed with light nutes, feed with stronger nutes, or something.

Always mix the micro first:)

Alright, going up since it's now been a few days without nute feeding, and feeding them about 800 ppms I think. Started around 300.. then worked to 400, through 500 , last time was 600. 800 PPM's of nutes should hopefully be good this round. Let's see what happens eh?

I also need to transplant all 5 of the younger ones today. FUN! Now I get to see if my table wants to support all 9 of these in large pots... YAY! lol

Is it bad that I hope 1 or 2 die .. or are males? ...so I'll have room. lol

Before I do nutes and transplant, I need to head to the store to get some more pots.

I'm going to be doing a 2x2 "square" support structure under and in the middle of my table, to help hold all this weight. I'm sure it's fine, but I want it to be a bit more even and sturdy.

I thought you had a tent? What is the table for?

I thought you had a tent? What is the table for?

lol, please tell me you read more of this thread that the last 2 pages pcduck :) Even the first post would've helped ya there my friend. :)

I have a flood and drain table, with a 15 gal res below it.

Granted, I haven't been doing as much flooding and draining as I thought I would have when I started.

You are going to flood and drain a potted plant?:confused:

It's off a video series I watched. This guy did it, it worked good.. I dunno. I drilled extra holes through the pot etc.

But since I have 5 younger ones, I haven't been mixing the nutes in the res and running it...I've been mixing them in 1gal jugs and top feeding through the soil. :confused2:

Latest posts

Back