Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting the tent and light tonight. Won't need the fan and filter right off, but surely need the tent and T5.

Ok, getting another 4x4 tent, T5 4ft 4 bulb fixture, 4" Fan, 4" Phat Filter and ducting tomorrow morning. Time to be perpetual! lol :)

Yeah I'm seeing the little bit of stretching on the new guys just after that first feeding. Can't wait for the T5 so I can virtually drop them right on em! :D

Going to grab pics since I haven't updated in awhile. Probably feeding around 800 PPM's of nutes to 4 large and 300 ppms of nutes to 5 small tonight as well. Just used 5ml of Grow Spray (it recommends 15ml but I don't want to overdose them).. I can hear THG saying; "It said use 15ml and you only used 5ml??" hah.. I just don't want to hurt them! I understand that if I under nute something that would also hurt them, but this is just a supplemental spray.

....look, now you all have me fighting with myself.. see what you did?!?!

lol!! :bong:

Pics inc in the next hour.

One pic shows some issues I was having..
Another pic shows the yellowing of the Cotyledon on one of the young Blue OG's.

GrowDay41.jpg

GrowDay41-2.jpg

GrowDay41-3.jpg

GrowDay41-4.jpg

GrowDay41-5.jpg

GrowDay41-6.jpg

GrowDay41-7.jpg

GrowDay41-8.jpg

Excellent day everyone! Today is the day I get my other 4x4. So happy!! :D :D

EllisD said:
Getting the tent and light tonight. Won't need the fan and filter right off, but surely need the tent and T5.

Even if you don't need the filter, you are going to need the fan and some ventilation in there. Remember that plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. Don't forget a small oscillating fan to move air around and help strengthen the stems.

Your plants are looking great!

Thanks THG!

I'll take pics in a few hours and do a major update to the journal. I ended up sinking another $600 into this other tent, so this is $2,600+ invested so far... wowsers!!!

I purchased:

-4x4 Yield Lab Tent
-4ft 4bulb T5 Fixture!! :)
-4" Squirrel Cage fan
-4" Phat Filter
-4" Ducting
-Pro Hangers

.. also picked up a bottle of Cal-Mag for any calcium def's which I'm thinking I have.

Also, my hydro store guy mentioned that my Sunshine Advanced Mix # 4 is mostly Coco and perlite, so the flood and drain method should work wonderfully.
:confused2:

But yeah, big update soon!

Sunshine Advanced Mix # 4

Peat Moss, Coir, Perlite, a Multi-species Blend of Endomycorrhizae

PHew last night, I was dead tired! Did not get that tent setup, but that's first thing on the list this morning.

Will update soon.

Alright, have to do a quick update (off to work).. sorry for delay with an update though.

Temps have been great.. the new light is phenomenal. I literally have the light RIGHT down on them!! :) (In the pics, it's up higher than it currently, actually is)

Feeding around 400ppms of nutes to 5 younger, and over 1,000ppm's of nutes to larger. I topped one of the larger ones, and now I believe I'll wait for recovery and throw these 4 into flowering soon. I'm currently still vegging the 4 large under 400w MH in one tent, and 5 small (Blue OG) in the tent with Sunblaze T5.

I'm going to be cloning as well (soon?) so will actually have to let them recover from that as well before the flip.

Here's some pics.

GrowDay45Morning.jpg

GrowDay45Morning-2.jpg

GrowDay45Morning-3.jpg

GrowDay45Morning-4.jpg

GrowDay45Morning-5.jpg

GrowDay45Morning-6.jpg

GrowDay45Morning-7.jpg

GrowDay45Morning-8.jpg

GrowDay45Morning-9.jpg

GrowDay45Morning-10.jpg

Thank you very much Sawhse. :D

Update.. unfortunately, we seem to have 3 K.I.A. I came home to 3 dead clones. :(

I did a noob mistake of leaving them directly under my T5 in their dome/tray setup.. took great cuts, everything looked great, then boom... so so dead. Wilted right to nothingness basically. Extremely sad about that. Just cut 1 more because I don't want to go nuts on my (only) 4 big ones.

Everything else is flourishing!

Well, I smoked another clone last night... I'm clueless as to what I'm doing wrong. I've watched loads of tutorial videos, and I believe everything I'm doing is proper.

My rapid rooter plugs are PERFECT for moisture. Not too moist, but not near dry. I did a sharp 45° cut and put directly into clonex...swirled around and wait a bit. Then straight into the rapid rooters. After, I sprayed the bottom of the tray and container with water, and sprayed the entire dome till it dripped a little. I covered, and then put to the side of my table in my T5 tent, NOT directly under it (like I did yesterday.. refer to last post of mine)

They just lay over dead and limp like a noodle. BUT.. on a bright note, I took my clones that burnt out yesterday, and I put them in a "tall" shot glass... and well, 2 of the 3 clones fully seemed to have recovered!!

I'm thinking that the dome being on was TOO much... maybe I should have opened the vents to allow some air in? I read to absolutely keep them closed for a bit, and then over days open them, then within a week you take the dome off.

Any thoughts?

Clones often wilt over, they should perk back up in 24 hrs.

I dont even use a dome so there is no set way to do it.

The biggest factors are keep em warm and dont keep the pluges soaked, just a bit wet.

^^ I mist w no dome, when I get one that's harder to root (SLH , the white etc) I will then use the cloning gel.

I will lightly scrape the bottom of the cut around the stem..

Nice, thanks for all the content you 3 :) Cheers for checking in!

Well all of my clones are alive... used water in a shot glass to see if they would come back, and they surely did.

I just planted two of the cones in watered soil in a cup to see how they hold up.

Really just experimenting mostly at this point, considering I thought they were goners!! Also, since I thought they were dead, I didn't keep track of labeling.. so I won't be sure which pheno is which, BUT... they are all Pineapple Chunk either way :D

Tents are looking great, numbers are all good. I'm contemplating putting my 4 into flowering. What do you all think? I'll get some pics tonight when I get home from work.

If your clones are dying off right away, you most likely got an air embolism in the stem. When you have an air embolism, the clone cannot uptake any water.

Whether you need a dome or not depends partly on the RH where you live. It is quite arid where I live with RH getting down to the 20s regularly. I need to use a humidity dome or my poor clones slowly expire.

THG is right, if they are dying off right away you are most likely not making the cut correctly and getting an embolism. Super sharp sterile razor, 45 degree angle cut under water. Then I use the blade to rough up the bottom 1/2 inch or so and dip in Clonex. I like to dome them for the first couple days. Make sure the light they are getting is not too intense. Too much light will inhibit root growth. I use a single 26w cfl. Jmo

EllisD said:
Well all of my clones are alive... used water in a shot glass to see if they would come back, and they surely did.

It doesnt sound like he got a embolisim. I think he just panic when they wilted.

4 plants could fill out your tent nicely, vegg em up a bit. I flower at about 2 feet.

Latest posts

Back