Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why DGF?
I find I worry more about my seedlings then my clones!

My seedling is my baby and any clone that roots and makes it is a bonus and easy to take care of with a little food.

Getting the clones to root seems to be my issue, though I KNOW my cloning methods are spot on, maybe it's what I'm doing after the cloning. I think I'm giving them too much water in the cube that have rapid rooters. (Clonex is what I dip in after a 45 cut under water).. clones then put in sprayed dome and have residual light from veg station. After over 2 weeks, no roots, but I had about 1 inch of water in the bottom.. I'm thinking the rapid rooters got too moist or something. And I think I should've taken the dome off last week.

just keep tweaking your technique until you find what works best for you. it will get easier in general after some practice.

As for tonight, the 2 tents are looking phenomenal! I'm just stunned by how awesome this is :D

Made my second tent's garden canopy nice and even tonight.. and the first tent is perfectly even.

LST'd the taller of the 2 larger clones tonight (that thing is a BEAST!) and the other of the 2 is .. well.. weird pheno. Must be the short one.. it's not growing the same as the other that's for sure :confused2:

....I want some more seeds, but I'm broke. Wish I got in with some breeder somewhere ROFL! :D

Maybe try a bubble cloner?

As soon as I find a new lid for my pail. I'm thinking of doing a DIY if there isn't one. *

*found it. Just like this but you can do it on any scale you want.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2799

I will use a plastic 1 gal ice cream pail, an air pump w hose and stone.
Water level will be just under the stems so the bubbles popping on surface will mist stem until they have roots or die.

In my journal there is a pic of a Tupperware one I used n got 50% success which I find funny

ShecallshimThor said:
Maybe try a bubble cloner?

As soon as I find a new lid for my pail. I'm thinking of doing a DIY if there isn't one. *

*found it. Just like this but you can do it on any scale you want.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2799

I will use a plastic 1 gal ice cream pail, an air pump w hose and stone.
Water level will be just under the stems so the bubbles popping on surface will mist stem until they have roots or die.

In my journal there is a pic of a Tupperware one I used n got 50% success which I find funny

I made a small bubbler out of an ice cream pail for a friend of mine and it worked great.

Cheers you two :aok: Maybe I'll make one. I have enough totes around to do SOMETHING with. :D

I have yer thread 5 stars LSD but it didnt bring it up...

Looking good in here tho! Keep it up!!

Thanks TOA! :aok:

Things are still growin' along here. Buds are getting bigger, some clones are living and thriving, some clones are dying.

Temps are in the 70's and 80's last few days, with nighttime temps in the high 60's (66-68)

Curious, about how many leaves does an average plant shed in a day? 1-5ish? :confused2:

Well, tomorrow marks 6 weeks down for Tent #1 and 4 weeks down for Tent #2. Two clones are going to be ready in 2 weeks, that's for sure.

It's looking like 5-6 ounces dry on the BLT if I had to guess. I can't wait to see! :D

Now is the time frame that my patience starts to get tested,especially if my stash is on the low side,lol!Keep it up man,they looking real good.As for your cloning issues,moisture and temp are important.I've never used rapid rooters,i use MG seed starting mix in a red solo cup that has 12-15 drain holes around the bottom.I use a walmart brand rooting powder and plastic baggies.First i fill the cups with mix,water the mix really really well,letting drain in between wettings,poke my holes with whatever I can find at the time,place my dipped cuttings into hole pressing the mix firmly around the stem, from the sides even,I place a baggie over the cup ,place under light of some kind.I usually won't even mess with them again till about the 10 day mark.My last batch I had an extra cutting but no cup made for it.I literally poked it into a small mound(over-spill from filling cups)with no rooting powder.It was outside on my little table I use,and 2 weeks later I transplanted her to a 1 gal pot under t5.You'll find what works for you I'm sure.

My stash is always on the low side, since this is my first grow hahah :D

Tent # 2 is really starting to fill in as well, and frost up. It's all quite exciting. If all was done right, I should get a k i l o between the 2 tents. I'm hoping for at least half that :)

Here we go, happy birthday tents!! :D

Tent #1: 6 weeks old
Tent #2: 4 weeks old

I believe I'm pulling the BLT and maybe 1 of the shorter, bulkier pheno's of the Pineapple Chunk in 2 weeks, leaving 2 PC's to finish up another couple weeks. They seem a bit behind.. or should I say, more on schedule to what I was supposed to expect. PC goes 8-14 weeks so I've read in many other PC journals. I got lucky and got one short, and very bulky pheno.

I'm also going to be starting another journal soon, keeping this one just for the Pineapple Chunk, BLT and Blue OG.

Next strain up for grow: Wizards Potion :D

"It moved." - George Costanza, Seinfeld.

Seriously dude, sexy beotches there. Gonna be a happy camper very soon!

Growdude said:
Any new pics?

Funny, I was actually JUST getting some when a big hail warning / T-Storm warning kicked up, so I'm hunkering down for a little bit. Will put up some new pics asap though so keep checking back in the next 30 minutes - 2 hours (Not 100% sure when I'm going to finish)

For now, I can export these pics of me LST'ing and super cropping (on accident) one of my clones. Got those few pics and the warning came in.

Thanks for asking, and thanks everyone for sticking around and keeping up with what's growing on. :aok:

Ok, so disaster averted, but when I got into Tent #2 there were 2 plants fallen over. I had them propped up, to even the canopy out, with 2 cardboard boxes. What a horrible idea :facepalm: lol :D

No worries really, just 1 plant a little "flat" lookin', so I HST'd some of the branches just in case. Also, I HST'd some of the branches in big tent just because they were falling down a bit too much.

Pics will be in multiple posts.. sorry for blurry images, I was in a hurry tonight due to weather. There's a pic of my LST'ing, bending and 1 super crop (whoops!) .. I didn't have duct tape so I used a bit of yarn and clear tap for the spot. There's also pics of full canopy's, close ups of buds, and some deficiency. I'm thinking Potassium? :confused2: Brown spots, symmetrical along the leaf edge. You can see close ups of that and some of it in full canopy shots (in second tent). Also, there's the 1 surviving Blue OG clone...trying to make it.

Ok, so with all that said... here we go :D

FlowerWeek6Long (1 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (2 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (3 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (4 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (5 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (6 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (7 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (8 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (9 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (10 of 15).jpg

FlowerWeek6Long (11 of 15).jpg