Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean.. surely can get some. There's no deficiency showing at all, anywhere on the plant. Is it a sign of over watering?

I'll get pics in a few here, and post. The plants look great, but the leaves that fall off.....also look great. The other tent is nothing like this! The other tent, they only fall off when they yellow / brown etc. No perfectly fine leaves falling off in that tent. :confused2:

yeah...I need a new picture...the Last one you posted on the other page shows Cal/mag issues ...how do you use cal/mag?....Ive found that in some strains a lack of this would make the leafs stiffer and easyly break off...but not fall ...Get us some new pics bro

:48:

The Cal-Mag def tent is Tent #1 ..that's a separate issue hah. I feel Cal/mag using Xnutrients Cal-Mag, and by doing half a cap full per gallon. I thought the amount per gallon they had was crazy! 15ml / gal?

Also, I've been feeding 1/2 a cap per gallon each feeding.

Why do I feel like THG is going to chime in asking me why I didn't follow the directions.. lol I know I know.... but it's so brown is harmful looking stuff!! lol

I'll get you a new pic right now... just got my daughter to sleep.

Be back in 30 mins or so.. will have to quickly edit them.

First pic is the Tent #2 (younger tent) .. these are at 5 weeks into flowering tomorrow. In this pic I'm just now starting to see some def it looks like. Also, sorry for the blurry photos...they are in their sleep period and I was trying to hurry as to not let so much light in lol.

Other pics are all Tent #1 which will be 7 weeks tomorrow. I'm planning on going 8-10 weeks, so will be flushing soon. Not sure if there's much to fix at this stage in the game.

It obviously seems like Cal-Mag yes? I thought it was over use of Cal-Mag, since I was putting it in everyday.... 1/2 a cap worth to 1 gallon. The package says 15ML to gallon, but I thought that to be a bit much.. but who am I to think that? I'm only a noob! lol.. I don't know.

Last pic is of the top cola of my BLT, that seems to be running near perfect. :D Hairs are starting to get brown/red.

Week7(almost)Flower (1 of 4).jpg

Week7(almost)Flower (2 of 4).jpg

Week7(almost)Flower (3 of 4).jpg

Week7(almost)Flower (4 of 4).jpg

Week7(almost)FlowerTall (1 of 1).jpg

Pics are up.. anyone? :confused2:

I believe I'm starting to see an amber trich here and there in Tent #1. Not 100% sure yet.

Still have to 100% sort cutting, drying and curing! :( I've had 100% confidence this entire run except for this point.

nicely done there senor---you did well---the rest is a breeze

many like myself will hang lines in a well ventilated dark area with a fan indirectly moving the air in the room---trim all fan leaves from the plant---clip up to a 2' limb and hang it upside down from the line---clothes pins are nice to have handy if your cut doesn't include a bit of a hook from another branch---fill the line---leave some space for air flow---dry time of limbs with buds is dependent on your climate---after they are dry---clip all tips from the remaining leaves---these are your clippings for bubble hash, butter or whatever---done

many others will trim to finish before it dries and hang in screen type baskets to dry buds

Thank Oranagesunshine!! :aok: Really appreciate your time. The rest is a breeze?? I thought the curing process was troublesome from reading around.

The pics were taken specifically for this question:

Here's a question. What does it mean when the lower, good green looking leaves, just start falling off? What is an "ok" shedding amount? I'm loosing about 2-5 good looking green leaves that just pretty much fall off everyday. Is that a sign of over water or a sign of.... nothing to worry about? lol. My other tent is using up all the stuff in the leaves and they are yellow / brown when they fall off. Tent #2 looks super super healthy, but I have no idea why the bottom has been shedding like crazy.. especially when the leaves are 100% normal looking.

Any thoughts on that question? Anybody? :confused2:

I would not call curing troublesome.

I would call it a mean tease as it can be hard not to smoke those buds when every time you open the jar it's sweeter n sweeter. lol

The sticky on how to cure might make it sound a little harder but really just like growing, it'll take a few tries to find what works best where you are. I like mine a little dryer than most so I do it slightly different when it comes to how often I burp and how long the jar stays open

lol a tease, eh Shecalls? I just don't want grass smelling nugs :(

Here's a big photo update for everyone. Tents 1 + 2 .. with deficiency in Tent 2 now.. I still think it's K def. Not sure really. Don't know what to do.. :confused2:

The buds are looking decent I think. There's also a spot in Tent 2 that shows the bottom of one plant.. quite odd. Think I'm going to clean up a little more in veg from here out. Just didn't want to cut them much being my first grow.

Thoughts on my mind - "Make a drying cabinet!"

Week8StartFlowerTall (1 of 11).jpg

Week8StartFlowerTall (2 of 11).jpg

Week8StartFlowerTall (3 of 11).jpg

Week8StartFlowerTall (4 of 11).jpg

Week8StartFlowerTall (5 of 11).jpg

Week8StartFlowerTall (6 of 11).jpg

Week8StartFlowerTall (7 of 11).jpg

Week8StartFlowerTall (8 of 11).jpg

Week8StartFlowerTall (9 of 11).jpg

Week8StartFlowerTall (10 of 11).jpg

Good morning all! Just bumping up my thread for all your thoughts. :D

if u can just use one of your tents to dry in? but a 40$ drying net and cure in big zip lock bags?just ideas gotta be some one one here with a ideal way to do this.

this close to chop i think dying leaves is fine as long as ph is ok woudl not sorry about discoloring or shedding myself

N.E.wguy said:
if u can just use one of your tents to dry in? but a 40$ drying net and cure in big zip lock bags?just ideas gotta be some one one here with a ideal way to do this.

this close to chop i think dying leaves is fine as long as ph is ok woudl not sorry about discoloring or shedding myself

I believe I'm going to try either making a cabinet (well I will definitely do this soon enough anyways) or just drying this first batch in my tent. It's a cool, dark place with air ventilation. :confused2: lol

Also, I'll be trying Hicks curing by the numbers. Need to buy some hygrometers.

Cheers for stopping in N.E.wguy

My sweet husband make me drying boxes for the smaller buds. Now I hang all of the long branches on hangers and don't use the boxes except for the shake.

The thing about the cure is it takes pretty good pot and makes it even better.

Duck said something once I liked a lot, a grower judges the plants health based on the new grown not the old. I am not sure what that one leaf up there was telling us, but the overall look of your plants are wonderful. Congratulations.

do u just hang them on hangers in a closet Rose where do u dry?

Rosebud said:
My sweet husband make me drying boxes for the smaller buds. Now I hang all of the long branches on hangers and don't use the boxes except for the shake.

The thing about the cure is it takes pretty good pot and makes it even better.

Duck said something once I liked a lot, a grower judges the plants health based on the new grown not the old. I am not sure what that one leaf up there was telling us, but the overall look of your plants are wonderful. Congratulations.

Aww, nice of your husband! :) Yeah, I'm pretty just I'm using coat hangers and my tent for a bit while drying.. I can afford a week with the tent not flowering something haha. I'd just prefer not to, and have something put into flowering immediately! hah :D

I'm just worried that if I don't do my drying right, I'm going to get lawn clippings that visually look like good bud but taste like.. well... lawn. :(

And yeah, I always run what Duck said through my mind whilst looking at the plants..and always try to judge by the upper growth. All that I see for damage is in the "higher" middle to the plants.. so it kinda scares me. I surely know a few things I'm doing different on the next grow and it really does get better each and every time it seems :)

Thanks for mentioning that the plants look good, honestly! It gives me encouragement because it was looking like they may be really getting hindered.

Out of the 3 strains I grew this round, my 1 Blue Lemon Thai freebie was THE best out of them. I've fed them all the exact same, and not only did the BLT not show any signs of issues (perfect looking leaves start to finish) but they have the highest yield of any plant so far. Biggest and healthiest looking buds. I do admit it looks like the Blue OG is going to pack on more frost than either of the 3 strains though. :D

Random note.. this is such a fun experience, and I wouldn't trade anything in for the world. I've started this journey with over $3k in items, and minimal knowledge.. I've watched my first plants stretch like crazy after having my MH bulb about 30 inches from the top... (lol)... I've dealt with a bit of a hornet infestation... I've had 2 plants fall over on me.. during flowering!!!! .... I've had 1 of my vent fans stop for half a day, because of a faulty speed controller (Hit 93% RH and the walls were RUNNING with water!!) ... I've put blood, sweat and tears... well.. no tears yet.. but lots of blood and sweat into this. I've met some absolutely amazing fellow growers that, without whom, I wouldn't be nearly as successful as I am now. I understand concepts and processes that, years ago, I only dreamed about... always wanted to grow my own meds, but never had the courage or start up money more so.

I can not wait ... for that first cured puff. :bong: :D

Thanks MP, for being everything you are. Hope to start my new journal up in a few days here (germinating soon) and get some thoughts in that one. I feel this next grow will be somehow more important to my learning than the first.. but surely the first was most important! hah :)

:aok:

N.E.wguy said:
do u just hang them on hangers in a closet Rose where do u dry?

Yes, i put them in a closet that is dark on hangers with clips. I have a very small fan blowing at the other end of the closet so they aren't hit directly. We live in a very dry climate so I only hang for three days. They feel dry on the outside but you can tell they are still feel damp on the inside. I jar them and burp the jars daily for a week and then weekly till I forget...a month or so. Perfection.

Cheers Rosebud!

I was looking at my tent today, and man... come a long way. Still want to figure out why I have / had deficiency in Blue OG and Pineapple Chunk, yet the Blue Lemon Thai was PERFECT! I mean, not a single sign of an issue that I saw :confused2: I know different strains react differently and this sure is the sign of that. I'm just wondering if the nutrients were too weak for the others, or if I just watered + fed too much. I fed nutes basically every single day (top feed) and not many water only days..but that's what the Xnutrients website says. Must either need a break or they are too weak. One of those is the answer I believe. :)

Some plants don't like nutes at all. Some are hogs. That is why it is best at first to grow only one variety, but I didn't do that. It takes a while to learn what each individual plant wants.

Latest posts

Back