Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, and I surely didn't do that.. granted I didn't "not do it" on purpose :D

I'm just trying to come to a full conclusion of why/how the other 2 strains did what they did...

cant wait for the total weigh in ;P and ya a closet and fan sounds good if u can deal with the smell emanating all thru your house

looking picture perfect, keep me updated on what youd do different as you know what I Am up to

you think this is sufficient or would u use different stuff?

Fox Farm Soil Trio Nutrients Bundle, Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom Quart 32oz

Botanicare Silica Blast Plant Nutrients

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus 32 oz Quart - magnesium supplement nutrient additive

pH Up & pH Down Hydroponic Control Kit Two 32oz Bottles

seen you used these Xnutrients line

Dr. Green Fang said:
I'm just trying to come to a full conclusion of why/how the other 2 strains did what they did...

Different strains have different nutrient needs--it's as simple as that. Don't stress over the small stuff. Your grow is great and you are going to have a great harvest. I trim my buds well and then hang them on clothes hangers to dry in a closet in a spare room. Like Rosebud, my climate is arid and it doesn't take long to dry. Then into mason jars that I burp for a week or 10 days.

the end is almost here

Indeed Shortbus, and I'm freaking out thinking I'm not ready.. lol! :D

cant wait for the total weigh in ;P and ya a closet and fan sounds good if u can deal with the smell emanating all thru your house

looking picture perfect, keep me updated on what youd do different as you know what I Am up to

you think this is sufficient or would u use different stuff?

Fox Farm Soil Trio Nutrients Bundle, Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom Quart 32oz

Botanicare Silica Blast Plant Nutrients

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus 32 oz Quart - magnesium supplement nutrient additive

pH Up & pH Down Hydroponic Control Kit Two 32oz Bottles

seen you used these Xnutrients line

Yeah I'm curious the weigh in myself. I have a guess, but being so new I don't even want to think it lol! Also, as far as your nutes go, I'm reallllly not sure. My only growing experience has been with the Xnutrients line :confused2:

Different strains have different nutrient needs--it's as simple as that. Don't stress over the small stuff. Your grow is great and you are going to have a great harvest. I trim my buds well and then hang them on clothes hangers to dry in a closet in a spare room. Like Rosebud, my climate is arid and it doesn't take long to dry. Then into mason jars that I burp for a week or 10 days.

Yeah I understand that diff strains do diff things etc.. and it surely shows in these 2 tents! Thanks for checking and giving your thoughts.. it's good to know that everything looks great to some experienced eyes, because I thought I was going down hill in the end here.

Now in Hicks curing by the numbers thing.. it mentioned to try to keep temps in the 60's.. that's impossible lol.

I'm going to (I believe) buy a 2x2x5' tent.. put it on its side, run string from the bars and hang the buds in that and use it as a cabinet. I'll put venting right into one of my tents so it will have a proper vent and scrub :D

Thoughts on this? I've seen it done online and it looked like a great drying solution.

sounds good to me i was gonna do the same with my 2 2x2x4 cabs for clones and curing and exhaust as u said

how much were all the nutes you got ball park

$12.00 a quart bottle and I got more than what I needed. I can not remember precisely what and how much of it I got.. I went for most of the "advanced" program. Micro - Grow - Bloom - Amino Blast - Cal Mag - Grow Spray - Bloom FX (I bought the Bloom FX but haven't used it yet.. I used Bloombastic this round instead.)

I calculated roughly how much I would need for a full grow run for 2 tents worth..

So if I trim it all at once, and keep the trim for later.. how do I go about freezing it? Also, how much do I save up until I do bubblebag / dryice? And last question; Do I dry the trimmings before freezing?

I think I'm going to trim it all right off, then let it hang to dry. I believe THG and a few others do it that way. Just seems easier to cut down and trim it all up before hanging it. :confused2: Also, what's going to be my issues with drying with good ventilation at 85° or so? I can't get it in the 60's during drying.

no reason to freak out about drying and curing. the biggest obstacles are temp and rh. everything else is just personal preference. keep the temps and rh in check, inside the drying area and you cant go wrong. hang em if you wanna hang em, lay em on screens if you wanna do that.i mean heck, i put my in Tupperware containers inside of an empty filing cabinet. familiarize yourself with the guides on the site and your good to go.

i lost an ounce a few months back, because i moved to the jar phase too early and forgot about it for 3 days. when i remembered and check. pm everywhere. so i tossed it. stuff happens, its not the end of the world, keep on keepin on. :48:

Do you have a crawl space/basement that is cooler?
Could you monitor the new tent/build a dry box and spend money on carbon filter instead if its down there?

I have no basement or crawlspace that is cooler, no. :(

@Shortbus. You say if I keep temp and rh in check. I don't really have a way to do that, so hence the freaking out lol.

The ONLY thing I can see happening.. is keep the drying tent in my room at the foot of my bed, and somewhat "duct in" some of the cold air from my A/C in this room.

Dr. Green Fang said:
So if I trim it all at once, and keep the trim for later.. how do I go about freezing it? Also, how much do I save up until I do bubblebag / dryice? And last question; Do I dry the trimmings before freezing?

I think I'm going to trim it all right off, then let it hang to dry. I believe THG and a few others do it that way. Just seems easier to cut down and trim it all up before hanging it. :confused2: Also, what's going to be my issues with drying with good ventilation at 85° or so? I can't get it in the 60's during drying.

Only save the small frosty leaves. I have gotten into the habit of decarboxalating the trim before I freeze it.

You can pretty much make hash anytime you have trim saved up. Are you buying the gal bags or the 5 gal bubble bags? I find it harder to do real small runs in the 5 gal bags.

I doubt that your main living space is 85 degrees. A small box or tent of any kind should be okay, just make sure you have some air movement and put it in a place where the ambient temps are the lowest. Sometimes in the summer, it is impossible to dry in a place that is 60 degrees. You are not going to ruin your bud, just keep it in a place that is as cool as possible.

should relax a bit man your in good hands and did the hard part it will all work out just breath ;)

I can officially breathe, yes, thanks you guys for the encouragement! :aok:

You can pretty much make hash anytime you have trim saved up. Are you buying the gal bags or the 5 gal bubble bags? I find it harder to do real small runs in the 5 gal bags.

I hadn't choose anything yet really. I was thinking of bubble bags, wasn't sure which size / brand to get. You know my situation THG... any suggestions? :)

Bump for thoughts on Bubble Bags :D

Everything in the tents look good. No amber trichs that I've found yet, and less than 50% red hairs.

what week or day are they at? snap a pic some time :)

Monday will be 8 weeks down.. going on to 9th week. Was hoping to flush that week.

nice can't wait to be there myself some day!!! soon ;)

Cheers N.E.wguy :aok:

Well, it's week 9... 8 weeks down and they look great, besides my obvious burning the **** out of the leaves lol. The buds are all looking quite decent! :D

I believe I'm going to do water only with 2 days of flushing solution this week. Chop comes next Monday for Tent #1. :D

So glad.. I have 2 clones that are well over 2 feet...I'm going to need to flower them IMMEDIATELY lol.

Latest posts

Back