Grow tent/Ventilation question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
I have a grow tent that's 2ftx4ftx6ft and I'm using a 600w HPS lighting system.

Can I just ventilate the the whole tent or do I need to vent the lighting system AND the whole tent?

I believe you would run a vent from the light to outside of the tent and you can bring in fresh air from another vent hole in the tent. You want the hot air vented out and fresh air vented in. I could be wrong so wait for someone else to come around.

well if your temps are fine with it vented in the tent you will be fine but if you temps push more than say 85 90 then i would vent else where. you have to explain more on setup

IMO the more ventalation the better. By keeping the grow area in the 70* the plants seem the grow the best. More air in =more CO2 for the plants to use. Air movement strengthens plants helps drive off bug. the beniffits(?) go on and on

I wld vent the tent first because you need to exchange the air in there anyway and if temps are too high the vent the light with a cooltube setup or vented hood....

I vent my tent with a carbon filter to the light to the fan out of the room. Then fresh air blowing into the the tent. 2 fans to make a negative pressure in the tent so I dont have odor issues.

You have 48 cu. ft.
If you go with 96cfm, you will change the air 2 times in a minute.
I would vent the tent first. If it has multiple vent ports, you can always vent the light later.

Gb

Thanks Hampster and Geezerbud.

I'm going to do some test runs with venting just the tent first.

Thanks for the calculations Geezerbud. With that short sentence on calculating cfm's, I now understand what cfm I should be looking for.

I think I want to vent my tent every 3-4 minutes.

Latest posts

Back