Growers Gone Wild - First Timers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChatNoir

Reaction score
How was/is your first time? Feelings? Problems? End product? Set up?

indoors?? :p .. a broom closet, probably 4'X4', lined with aluminum foil, 8 flourescent tubes, a 5 gal. bucket of Miracle grow soil, a sat' dom' mex bagseed, 6 months, and got about 5 joints of smoke..:eek:

My first grow mission was an absolute disaster!:eek:
I had no idea what I was really doing.....
I was growing 5 Northern Lights and I over fed 3 of them,
I put down some fish bone meal for the other 2 and a cat came into my green house and tore them apart.....:eek:
I've definately learned a few things since then especially from helpful forums such as MP:D

Old Toby said:
I've definately learned a few things since then especially from helpful forums such as MP:D
hee hee... the "time" before internet, ehh.. :p

My first grow was hydro, 16 plants (all about 4ft tall), they started to look ill and I read that it could be root rot, I read online that h202 would help, I though hey Hippy, thats simple bleach, so I poured a bottle of bleach in the res, woke next morning to 16 dead plants :rofl:

Well, my first grow was when I was about 12 years old. A friend and I grabbed a couple seeds out of his brother's stash and we germ'd them using the paper towel method..... Though at the time I did not realize that this is a common method for germin heh, it was just the way we Germ'd PeaPlant seeds in biology class at school, ( see school is good for ya). after they popped we put them in 12 or 16 oz dixie cups and put them on my window sill, they actually grew pretty well. They got about 5-6 inches tall and I had to get them out before my parents found them LOL so we took them out to my buddy's back yard which had some woods and planted them there. The next day we went to check on them and they had been dug up. Found out later that his brother had seen us planting them and he stole them and grew them out himself..... bastard. LOL...

Cornellius said:
How was/is your first time? Feelings? Problems? End product? Set up?

1.First plant came when I sprayed round-up on it :eek: , Lots of Tender Loving Care.
2.Build a 3x4x7 box used Cfl.
3.Problems Learnning to grow, Then found this site,
4.Ended up with 4 oz. that gave yea the muchies...:hubba:

Well we all know that this site is the BEST for Questions and Answers,
I Give Thanks To
Marijuanna Passion
:48:

It was a few years ago... I decided to use the seeds from the smoke I have had with my girl friend in order to make our so called love eternal... I have downloaded the "Cannabis Grow Bible 4th Edition by Greg Green".

Well, only five seeds has been germinated out of eleven or twelve. I gave them a new home, plastic cups, I was so stupid, giving them hookah smoke, trying to give them led light (3V) and expecting them to thrive. I had everything, I recall buying all these fertilisers, soil, pots... Surviving three transplanted into 3 litre pots and they were happy for some time but one slowly died... A few days later I was cheated and those remaining two were my mementos, I tried to keep them alive, their seeds would be my redemption or so I believed. I tried to read as much as I could, reread the book, keeping them on my balcony and letting them get pure sunlight, good wind, watering as needed...

I have had pest attacks as well, white weird flies... I recall the day when they start to smell, I recall clearly how did I water them, how long time I did spend on watching them, I truly loved them...

I had to leave the city for one day and when I came back, one of the plants was very sick, I couldn't save her... I recall sitting in front of the pot for hours and gazing the dead plants, even my memento was dying... Later I learned that my father poured good amount of bleach to the soil in my absence... So it was the end of the "Beast", I named her "Beast" because she was the most healthy plant of five from the very beginning.

Last remaining plant took all my attention I named him "My Dying Bride" because he was a sick plant in his early days then again I had to leave city just two days, when I came back, his stem was broken, my father said "Blame your cat." and I knew, Loser did not like plants, I knew who the cat was... I put him into nutrient solution and if I knew the things I know right now, I would use a humidity dome to clone him... He survived a few days, he shed pollens and died... With my memento, my hopes of reunion died as well, she died a year later because her finance gave her overdose...

Long story short, I loved those plants though as the song says "But there is no sense in crying over every mistake, you must go on trying till you run out of cake and the science gets done and you make a neat gun for the people still alive..."

Huge financial mistake on my first setup... I purchased one of those prefab cabinet for an arm and a leg. Anyways, growing DWC with 14 plants if I recall correctly. The grow had it's ups and downs. Too much water while they were seedlings and then too much fertilizer when in DWC. All the typical first timer mistakes! haha.

I did end up with over a half pound of nice floaty high skunk. Still, it was a freakin' blast! I remember telling myself that "pot isn't addictive, but growing it sure is!" hahah

My first attemp with 4 bammer beans all 4 sprouted grew up pretty nice. I notice one was being eaten so I baught some nature Rx & sprayed all 4 plants with it. The next morning all were dead.

DLtoker said:
Huge financial mistake on my first setup... I purchased one of those prefab cabinet for an arm and a leg. Anyways, growing DWC with 14 plants if I recall correctly. The grow had it's ups and downs. Too much water while they were seedlings and then too much fertilizer when in DWC. All the typical first timer mistakes! haha.

I did end up with over a half pound of nice floaty high skunk. Still, it was a freakin' blast! I remember telling myself that "pot isn't addictive, but growing it sure is!" hahah

Yes, it is!

:holysheep: these stories make me want to laugh and cry!

I can so relate to DLtoker!

I am just greatfull I can afford to make a few mistakes.

I learn so much from them! maybe thats part of the fun!

my first grow was 14 bag seed under 400 watts mh then hps for flower. they where all in this little 4ft X 6ft shed ($$) it became a total outta control jungle that was ....... well lets just say I learned a lot from that experience. lol!

got about an oz out of the whole mess and some seeds which I threw in the trash. the smoke was smooth but weak.

so there is my sad story but you should check out my water farm in the hydro section and see how much I have learned since last Dec07.

thanks for sharing every one!

Latest posts

Back