growin in the closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman149

road blunt toker
Reaction score
i'm planning to grow im my closet in a prebuilt 18''x18''x36'' grow box with a CFL light, and fans build in for ventilation. My concern is that although i dont want the plant to be big, that size may be a little too small. I could build it a little bit bigger but i'm trying to keep it small to save space. what do you guys think? thanks in advance

good luck,you had better be going 12-12 from seed.or do lots of pinching and tying.jmo

are you only growing 1 or 2 plants? are they going to be a lowrider strain? that seems like your only option for a space that small.

I would build it taller and have an adjustable mechanism for your light so that you can keep it close to the plants as they grow.

Of the dozen or so flowering plants I have at the minute, none are shorter than 36"; if you add the height necessary for the light fixture, then you have even less space.

GD

2x2x3 is a good size box I made one from osb and I put in a 150w HPS with 4 small plants in one gallon containers. I grew them from seed and when they where 6in tall I flowered. With your dimensions you will be fine with one plant but buy a 150 HPS if you want some weight on your flowers. CFL's give you bud yes but they will not develop a lot of weight and are very airy. I had 8 42w cfls and I had an ounce of bud that was really 7grams on the scale haha very wack.

Reactions: daf
a 2x2x3 box will fit but itll be very snug in the place i wanna grow, my closet it 39.5"x25". i can make my box 4' high but thats my maximum. I did only plan on growing a plant at a time jus for personal. i wanna get the best yield possible. i havent decided on what strain to grow yet, something that you usually cant find on the eastern coast if i have the space to grow.

try the lowryders, autoflowering small compact trees

Latest posts

Back