Growing books?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
What are your favorite books?
Whats a good book for beginners, with lots of pics?

I have heard something about an author name Cervantes?

I have a book called Grow Great Marijuana by Logan Edwards. Its a good book with about 20 colored pages. I'm a beginner too but I have to agree with Duck because Ive learned more on this site than in the book. If you have a question about something just post it. Wait until now around 11 pm est. or later because it seems like people are more open to answer basic questions like "What's a DWC" or "How can I build a grow box". Many on this site won't take the time to explain the very basic questions but most will be helpful and hit u up with a link that would go into detail about what u wanted to know. Hope u find what ur looking for.

NatzTurnazHeadzBustaz said:
Many on this site won't take the time to explain the very basic questions but most will be helpful and hit u up with a link that would go into detail ....

These basic questions that you have mentioned have been answered numerous time. The proper use of the search function will answer most your basic question, if after doing some research you cannot find the answer, there are many members that will gladly answer your questions. Simple and basic questions for example "Do I need to put my plant in the sun?" or "Does my plant need water?" Will make me laugh:laugh: but I won't answer them, would you? I will help you but I will not do your whole grow for you, we have wonderful resources here

Cervantes? is one person who wrote a book or 2.. with 1 persons ideas about how to grow marijauna ..i personally have no need for a book due to the help and ideas available here from numerous people ! peace ! Quote:
Originally Posted by NatzTurnazHeadzBustaz
Many on this site won't take the time to explain the very basic questions but most will be helpful and hit u up with a link that would go into detail ....
WITH A RECORD NUMBER OF 43 POSTS ! you should know the answer to your basic 11pm est question (i.e which part of the world generally use this site ! if you want ya BASIC questions answered sooner head on over to oz stoners while this side of the world is awake !..or stick around until 2am est and wait for 200+ users to get on line when england wakes up 4 hrs after the states !

Relentless999 said:

I have heard something about an author name Cervantes?

I agree that this forum is a better resource than just about any book out there. Having said that, I'd recommend The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green. It's well organized and well written. I have one of Cerventes' books and didn't find it to be as helpful.

Another guy I'd recommend is Ed Rosenthal. He's got a fairly extensive body of work, although some of it is a little dated. The Closet Cultivator is a good place to start, depend on the scale of the grow you envision.

But, really... check out the resources section here and look through the stickies. All the information you need is there.

docfishwrinkle said:
wow potus have u smoked yet 2day?
Wake and Bake at 6:30am

I'm retired, have no plans today except that I might go fill about 6 water bottles.

Toasty!

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:hubba: :D :rolleyes: :p

love ur sig quote. rofl. well time 4 me 2 also hit this bub hash & enjoy the 1st 80* day here in south L.P. MI

pcduck said:
These basic questions that you have mentioned have been answered numerous time. The proper use of the search function will answer most your basic question, if after doing some research you cannot find the answer, there are many members that will gladly answer your questions. Simple and basic questions for example "Do I need to put my plant in the sun?" or "Does my plant need water?" Will make me laugh:laugh: but I won't answer them, would you? I will help you but I will not do your whole grow for you, we have wonderful resources here

I don't understand what are u saying. Questions that might be very basic to U may not be basic to others. I don't know how long u've been growing but I'm sure there was a time when U needed basic questions answered. I'm glad that U and others who think like U aren't the only ones on this Forum. All others who are members of this Forum who help beginners like me U R GLADLY APPRECIATED. And 2 answer ur question about me answering basic questions it is YES. Ill answer all questions especially if I know that the person is really lost or trying to learn. A DUMB QUESTION IS 1 NOT ASKED

purplephazes said:
Cervantes? is one person who wrote a book or 2.. with 1 persons ideas about how to grow marijauna ..i personally have no need for a book due to the help and ideas available here from numerous people ! peace ! Quote:
Originally Posted by NatzTurnazHeadzBustaz
WITH A RECORD NUMBER OF 43 POSTS ! you should know the answer to your basic 11pm est question (i.e which part of the world generally use this site ! if you want ya BASIC questions answered sooner head on over to oz stoners while this side of the world is awake !..or stick around until 2am est and wait for 200+ users to get on line when england wakes up 4 hrs after the states !
Hold on a sec.... BlurpleFazez. I didnt come on here to argue with losers on the Net. I should not have responded to this because im by no way a grower or even pretending to B. The person who started this thread seems to be in a situation I was in until someone was kind enough to help me understand things about growing. I didnt come here to pick fights or argue not even to disagree with anyone. I'm on here to learn and that's it. Yes I have only 43 post (44 now only because I'm entertaining the WEAK) I rather have 43 useful post than 1000 post mis-leading people, pointing them in the wrong direction, or better yet MESSING UP SOME GOOD OL DANK. Dont waste ur finger muscles responding to this text. USE THEM LEARNING HOW 2 GROW. BECAUSE ITS OBVIOUS UR SMOKIN ON BULLS**T. IF U HAD UR SELF SOME REAL DANK U WOULDN'T BE MISERABLE ENOUGH TO READ A BEGINNERS POST AND START S**T.

I don't understand what are u saying. Questions that might be very basic to U may not be basic to others. I don't know how long u've been growing but I'm sure there was a time when U needed basic questions answered. I'm glad that U and others who think like U aren't the only ones on this Forum. All others who are members of this Forum who help beginners like me U R GLADLY APPRECIATED. And 2 answer ur question about me answering basic questions it is YES. Ill answer all questions especially if I know that the person is really lost or trying to learn. A DUMB QUESTION IS 1 NOT ASKED

Everyone who comes here should read through the Resources Section, learn how to use the Search function, and read pertinent Stickies. There is no reason for the experienced growers to answer the same basic questions over and over and over when there is a place where the basic questions are answered. We are glad to help, but we cannot set up other people's grows for them. We are talking about producing something that costs $300-400 an oz "retail". This requires some homework.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Everyone who comes here should read through the Resources Section, learn how to use the Search function, and read pertinent Stickies. There is no reason for the experienced growers to answer the same basic questions over and over and over when there is a place where the basic questions are answered. We are glad to help, but we cannot set up other people's grows for them. We are talking about producing something that costs $300-400 an oz "retail". This requires some homework.

Yes Maam. I understand. Fortunately, before I came to understand all of the functions of this site (stickies, where to post a thread, how to load pictures, etc.) I was lucky to meet someone on this site that has helped me understand all of those things. I agree that everyone should do research on their own especially if getting info from people they have no idea is legit, but I think all questions can be answered. If "SENIOR MEMBERS" feel like they are such PROS that the question is too basic to answer. Dont answer. Like U said, theres enough, posts, threads, and stickies for U to produce a Helluva Grow and Some Helluva Dank.

Hold on a sec.... BlurpleFazez. I didnt come on here to argue with losers on the Net. I should not have responded to this because im by no way a grower or even pretending to B. The person who started this thread seems to be in a situation I was in until someone was kind enough to help me understand things about growing. I didnt come here to pick fights or argue not even to disagree with anyone. I'm on here to learn and that's it. Yes I have only 43 post (44 now only because I'm entertaining the WEAK) I rather have 43 useful post than 1000 post mis-leading people, pointing them in the wrong direction, or better yet MESSING UP SOME GOOD OL DANK. Dont waste ur finger muscles responding to this text. USE THEM LEARNING HOW 2 GROW. BECAUSE ITS OBVIOUS UR SMOKIN ON BULLS**T. IF U HAD UR SELF SOME REAL DANK U WOULDN'T BE MISERABLE ENOUGH TO READ A BEGINNERS POST AND START S**T.

While I agree, it's nice to have someone give you 'friendly' direction where he answers/sources can be found. AND, the # of posts anyone has is insignificant..;)
I also think that the above post is on the verge of "argumentative/flaming".. which is addressed in our rules. ..;)
..as is the substitution of letters to bypass the language filter :D

Hick said:
While I agree, it's nice to have someone give you 'friendly' direction where he answers/sources can be found. AND, the # of posts anyone has is insignificant..;)
I also think that the above post is on the verge of "argumentative/flaming".. which is addressed in our rules. ..;)
..as is the substitution of letters to bypass the language filter :D

Yes PIMP I understand the site rules. However if u read this thread from beginning to end u would see that I'm not the one who instigated it. I was just offering my advice/opinion and was suprised to see posts other fellow members addressed to me. I love this site and will not do anything to disrespect it. But this issue is over.

I read the thread. I failed to see a personal attack on either your growing skills or any name calling or cursing, untill "your" response..
but.. yes. this issue is over.

Now hold on a minute! I'm getting lost.

Who is PIMP and why haven't I seen pics of his girls?

As for post count, I'm shown as having 143 posts.

If you add Stoney Bud, POTUS and StoneyBud posts together, I think I'd be up there around 2,000 or more. Post count doesn't mean a thing.

I'm all three of those people. It's so confusing....I need a toke!

the members of this great forum have givin me everything i need to know about mj! no single book can give better information than the thousands of experienced people from around the world on this site. why waste money on a book when u have a "mj bible" just a click away haha

Marijuana Horticulture - great beginner book that can give you some serious reference and broad knowledge

Marijuana Garden Saver - this is a good beginner guide to problems and pests with lots of good ideas

I'd also recommend buying some books regarding organic growing and natural pest control, even if it's not related to marijuana. There is a wealth of knowledge in many gardening books that you can apply. Truthfully experience is the key, I use the forums for problems I can't seem to figure out but I do like books to get a broad knowledge of things.

Latest posts

Back