growing in a apartment. plz help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the type of smaller tents I have...90 bucks shipped.

cgi.ebay.com/HYDROPONICS-GROW-TENT-48-X-24-X-60-GROW-BOX-CABINET-/160593836062?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256423781e#ht_3877wt_792

This is similar to my flower tent....

cgi.ebay.com/hydroponic-maylar-grow-tent-budd-box-Cabinet-4x4x6-5-/230627370233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b27664f9#ht_2399wt_689

I agree as far as don't go buying anything till you figure out how you wanna roll....get a game plan, research the products you need, then buy.

which r the best lights to use to grow fast, for 3-4 plants? digtal,standard,led, or fluorescent. a certain soil and nutes to use?

KoDak said:
which r the best lights to use to grow fast, for 3-4 plants? digtal,standard,led, or fluorescent. a certain soil and nutes to use?

I use HO T5's for veg and cldnt be happier.....I hve a 400W and a 600w HPS's for flower.
The amount of lumens you will need depends on the sqr footage of your grow space...rule of thumb dictates 3000 lumens a sqr foot for veg and 5000 lumens a sqr foot for flower.
At this point in time most LED's are only good for veg unless you hve the cash to plunk down on the more expensive LED setups. Jmo

Nutrient choice for me is General Hydroponics FloraNova series....cheap and it works well in soil or hydro. I believe FoxFarms is another popular nutrient choice but I use GH.
Soil dependson what you hve available....I use MG Seed Starter Mix because it is all that I hve local at Home Depot...it doesn't hve time release fertilizers in it like the other Miracle Grow soils....you want to avoid the pre-nuted soil when you can.

As far as inspections....I just had one and feel the need to explain some things to those who may be facing them.

I have a little boxer...She looks tough and barks tough but doesnt realize she can bite ;) So she'll bark like crazy whenever ppl knock on the door.

Thats exactly what happened today with the inspection. She went absolutely crazy when the owners showed up. I answered the door and they asked me to put the dog away. "Thats cool give me one second"

I put the dog in her kennel in the grow room and they never even came close to the door....

So a dog MAY help especially if its a hardcore barker.

Yer not being a nag brother, we just hate to see anyone who wants to enjoy the rewards of a personal MJ grow get ahead of themselves and crash n burn. People so often don't realize just how much is involved in growing MJ. Its sooo much more than just putting a seed in dirt, watering it, watching it grow, then smoking it. The more yu learn, the more yu discover that yu don't know. When yu get yer stuff together, definitely get the T5HO flourescent lights, the 6500K bulbs are for vegetative growth (just like with corn or cotton). The plant needs the spectrum of light from these to grow itself strong, and prepare itself to produce fruit. Once it reaches maturity then yu can switch over to the HPS lights and/or 2700K flourescents to begin the flowering phaze of the grow. The first money yu absolutely need to spend is on a good "how to grow MJ book". Many of the online stores have them. I get mine from Amazon as they are very secure and reliable. These handbooks will show yu how to do everything from start to finish, even how to set up yer grow room. Then yu can read here all the extra tips and methods.:)

i grew for 2 years in an appartment.. i had the master bedroom with its own bathroom.. i grew in this bathroom.. i did DWC.. did one plant... and did like 8 at a time also in the same space as i did one.. its up 2 you how many you want to do... i built a box out of cardboard and plastic with velcro to close it up.. id close the box when i wanted to shower and shave and stuff and the plants were in dark cycle.. i had 2 400w HPS running.. i bought a 6" can fan to pump out the hot air in the bathroom.. i took the fan in the cealing of the bathroom apart.. U know tha one that U turn on after U **** lol.. there was like a 4" hole there that i ran the duct from the can fan into..

thats about it .. i also had a dresser with a big mirror that was wider and taller than the door.. if i had a girl over or something id just pull my dressser in front of the door and they never even knew there was a bathroom there..

U can grow there.. but be careful.. most apartments keep a key to every apartment and come thru them every few months to change filters and check the place out.. good luck

Hushpuppy said:
. The first money yu absolutely need to spend is on a good "how to grow MJ book". Many of the online stores have them. I get mine from Amazon as they are very secure and reliable. These handbooks will show yu how to do everything from start to finish, even how to set up yer grow room. Then yu can read here all the extra tips and methods.:)
Also checkout for the ebooks I got this for my phone so Ican always have it on me for quick reference its Jorge Cervates Bible marijuanagrowing.com/dhtml/ebooks_bible.php#inside

Most of the money spent is a one time purchase and worth every penny IMO. Best of luck to ya. I love the dog trick!:laugh:

Hushpuppy said:
Yer not being a nag brother, we just hate to see anyone who wants to enjoy the rewards of a personal MJ grow get ahead of themselves and crash n burn. People so often don't realize just how much is involved in growing MJ. Its sooo much more than just putting a seed in dirt, watering it, watching it grow, then smoking it. The more yu learn, the more yu discover that yu don't know. When yu get yer stuff together, definitely get the T5HO flourescent lights, the 6500K bulbs are for vegetative growth (just like with corn or cotton). The plant needs the spectrum of light from these to grow itself strong, and prepare itself to produce fruit. Once it reaches maturity then yu can switch over to the HPS lights and/or 2700K flourescents to begin the flowering phaze of the grow. The first money yu absolutely need to spend is on a good "how to grow MJ book". Many of the online stores have them. I get mine from Amazon as they are very secure and reliable. These handbooks will show yu how to do everything from start to finish, even how to set up yer grow room. Then yu can read here all the extra tips and methods.:)

i appreciate that. thanx alot. i slowed down. im continuing my research n ill def buy a book to learn more. appreciate all of u n glad u all dont make me feel stupid with the ?s i have

Bleek187 said:
i grew for 2 years in an appartment.. i had the master bedroom with its own bathroom.. i grew in this bathroom.. i did DWC.. did one plant... and did like 8 at a time also in the same space as i did one.. its up 2 you how many you want to do... i built a box out of cardboard and plastic with velcro to close it up.. id close the box when i wanted to shower and shave and stuff and the plants were in dark cycle.. i had 2 400w HPS running.. i bought a 6" can fan to pump out the hot air in the bathroom.. i took the fan in the cealing of the bathroom apart.. U know tha one that U turn on after U **** lol.. there was like a 4" hole there that i ran the duct from the can fan into..

thats about it .. i also had a dresser with a big mirror that was wider and taller than the door.. if i had a girl over or something id just pull my dressser in front of the door and they never even knew there was a bathroom there..

U can grow there.. but be careful.. most apartments keep a key to every apartment and come thru them every few months to change filters and check the place out.. good luck

thanx for the insight. i will take heed!

If you buy a book, remember that it is just one person's opinion. There are many many people here who I would put up against Jorge or Ed any day as far as knowledge of growing goes.

I absolutelyagree with yu Goddess. I have noticed that myself when reading the books that I have. I have even found some contradictions in Jorge's book, but I think that goes back to what yu said about it being opinion, pluss there are so many variables that its easy to contradict oneself if saying something as a definite. The good thing about the books is that they lay out a good floorplan that gives a noob the full picture to "grow" from and build on. (no puns intended)

i have enrolled in a class and learning so much info. thanks to u guys, I have slowed down and wanted to take the time out to learn the process. in 5 wks ill be a certified caregiver. Im trying to learn and remember as much as I can. there's so much info to take in. Ill check in with u guys soon if i have any ?s, which I know I will. but quick ?. whn i become a caregiver and legal, should I still be worried how much i run my light? Thanx in advance

:welcome: Kodak, good to see another Michigander trying to go legal and provide for themselves! Living in an apartment isn't much of a problem, especially when legal, except for the risk of theft! Going to the school will make you legal to grow, not sure the difference between that and the card itself...

Walk before run, my friend, best to get legal before going crazy with it all. Sending in for the card takes weeks to a month or so, taking the grow classes is a few weeks as well, if memory serves! Don't go getting busted before you're ready! :)

KoDak said:
i have enrolled in a class and learning so much info. thanks to u guys, I have slowed down and wanted to take the time out to learn the process. in 5 wks ill be a certified caregiver. Im trying to learn and remember as much as I can. there's so much info to take in. Ill check in with u guys soon if i have any ?s, which I know I will. but quick ?. whn i become a caregiver and legal, should I still be worried how much i run my light? Thanx in advance

LOL< remember that you are learning from someone that thinks they know everything about growing MJ. A friend of mine took the class and learned a lot of misinformation, so always double check what you're not sure of! This place has the best source of info I have found!

Roddy said:
:welcome: Kodak, good to see another Michigander trying to go legal and provide for themselves! Living in an apartment isn't much of a problem, especially when legal, except for the risk of theft! Going to the school will make you legal to grow, not sure the difference between that and the card itself...

Walk before run, my friend, best to get legal before going crazy with it all. Sending in for the card takes weeks to a month or so, taking the grow classes is a few weeks as well, if memory serves! Don't go getting busted before you're ready! :)

yea. i just wana do it legal! so if i need any help I can come to me fellow michigander

Latest posts

Back