Growing Tent Build 1,000 WATT MH/HPS Switchable Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elven said:
That is cool. I assume that is for indoors? well it would be for me, the winds here reach over 60 MPH I can barely have a fence in November let alone a pvc tent :D.

Is it better to use a carbon filter for intake air? I was just going to use some pantyhose to cover my intake, is that not going to work?

Again Good luck and a side by side comparison would be nice:D.

I have a HEPA filter on my intake. I'm sure a carbon filter would work but it's way more expensive. The one I got has a 4" flange on it and cost about 80 bucks. I know they make one with a 6" flange for a little bit more. I'm sure pantyhose will help with larger stuff but the HEPA really seems to do the trick. I put one of those inline duct booster fans on it and it keeps everything just below the exhaust CFM, breathing freely. I haven't had any problems with mold, insects, etc at all. I'm also really careful about that stuff though.

occg.hydro said:
Lookin good KGB! Are you going to use co2 with this one?

I stablized the temps... I don't know buddy... How hard is to s tart a co2 & what ya need as in equipment...:)

KGB30 said:
I stablized the temps... I don't know buddy... How hard is to s tart a co2 & what ya need as in equipment...:)

6x 2 liter soda bottles

2x Gatorade bottles (8oz or 12oz is fine, just as long as they have big caps, gatorade, powerade, etc)

5lbs sugar

9tsp yeast (3 packets should be more than enough)

25ft clear air line tubing

pretty cheap for all the supplies. they had soda on buy 3 get 3 free at vons. The sugar and yeast has to be changed out every 10 days or so to really get good benefits but sugar and yeast is pretty cheap. I got some bottles sitting around so I'll take some pictures tonight if I have time and put together a little tutorial if you want. I think somewhere on my grow journal I posted some links to good sites that I gote my info from. I'll put up some pics tonight though.

Hey there KGB30. First timer here and looking to do the tent grow as well. Just read your whole journal! Man do I have a lot to learn. Hoping you could help me out...I cant post my url since I havent made 15 posts yet. I got a journal in the grow room setup section as well. Check it out when you got time. Thanks bud!

occg.hydro said:
6x 2 liter soda bottles

2x Gatorade bottles (8oz or 12oz is fine, just as long as they have big caps, gatorade, powerade, etc)

5lbs sugar

9tsp yeast (3 packets should be more than enough)

25ft clear air line tubing

pretty cheap for all the supplies. they had soda on buy 3 get 3 free at vons. The sugar and yeast has to be changed out every 10 days or so to really get good benefits but sugar and yeast is pretty cheap. I got some bottles sitting around so I'll take some pictures tonight if I have time and put together a little tutorial if you want. I think somewhere on my grow journal I posted some links to good sites that I gote my info from. I'll put up some pics tonight though.

Ya that would be cool buddy.. Would help me & other newbies like me... Afgan Kush sprouted to day.. I executed another male... I have two female confirmed and one not showing yet.lol.

Thanks for the help buddy

royalgrower said:
Hey there KGB30. First timer here and looking to do the tent grow as well. Just read your whole journal! Man do I have a lot to learn. Hoping you could help me out...I cant post my url since I havent made 15 posts yet. I got a journal in the grow room setup section as well. Check it out when you got time. Thanks bud!

Ya know problem buddy.. Check out PuffNStuff thread and Doms thread and my buddy thread occg.hydro... Mellisa is awesome grower and little buddy 4U2smoke check his thread..

KGB30 said:

I was thinking of getting a small dry ice dispenser has anyone used dry ice to add C02? I also would like to see the CO2 dispenser.

Elven said:
I was thinking of getting a small dry ice dispenser has anyone used dry ice to add C02?

First good morning buddy..

I would post a thread with a "?" mark stating your question Smal Dry Ice Dispencer QUESTION in the INDOOR GROWING SECTION...

That all the pros can give ya some good advice on it... I don't know for sure my self...

Elven said:
I was thinking of getting a small dry ice dispenser has anyone used dry ice to add C02? I also would like to see the CO2 dispenser.

I tried dry ice before I switched to yeast. it's damn near impossible to control how quickly dry ice evaporates. it took me about 36 hours to go through a 5lb block. If you could find some way to keep it cool enough it might work but i found yeast to be easier, more consistant and cheaper. For the amount you'd pay to buy enough dry ice to get through a crop you could've bought a full out co2 tank and the whole deal twice over. With the yeast method I've been using it costs about $5/week to keep co2 goin strong. Here are links to helpful sites. I used the method in the youtube video but with 2 cups sugar / 1.5 tsp yeast per bottle. I made 6 of the yeast bottles and then took a gatorade bottle & drilled 7 holes in the cap (1 for each of the yeast bottles and 1 for an output). Pull the air tube from the yeast bottles through the holes in the gatorade cap far enough that it sits in the middle of the gatorade bottle then the cap's screwed on. Put enough water in the gatorade bottle to just cover the bottom of the air tubes so that when the yeast bottles bubble it makes a bubble in the gatorade bottle. Sorry if I don't make much sense. There's a pic of some experimenting I was doing on 7-8-08 in my journal that shows a ghetto setup I tried, just use 2 liters. Check out the links though, they explain the idea way better than my stoned *** is. In the pic I was trying it out with some different bottles. JUST USE THE 2L BOTTLES!!! milk jugs don't work, it's just easier with the 2L's, trust me. Either way, it helps illustrate the idea I guess. Hope it helps.

Youtube video explaining the process -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZFM9ZpaqGM&feature=related

Some guy's site who knows way to much about making co2 with yeast -
www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html

Enjoy!

bigdiyco255.jpg

occg.hydro said:
I tried dry ice before I switched to yeast. it's damn near impossible to control how quickly dry ice evaporates. it took me about 36 hours to go through a 5lb block. If you could find some way to keep it cool enough it might work but i found yeast to be easier, more consistant and cheaper. For the amount you'd pay to buy enough dry ice to get through a crop you could've bought a full out co2 tank and the whole deal twice over. With the yeast method I've been using it costs about $5/week to keep co2 goin strong. Here are links to helpful sites. I used the method in the youtube video but with 2 cups sugar / 1.5 tsp yeast per bottle. I made 6 of the yeast bottles and then took a gatorade bottle & drilled 7 holes in the cap (1 for each of the yeast bottles and 1 for an output). Pull the air tube from the yeast bottles through the holes in the gatorade cap far enough that it sits in the middle of the gatorade bottle then the cap's screwed on. Put enough water in the gatorade bottle to just cover the bottom of the air tubes so that when the yeast bottles bubble it makes a bubble in the gatorade bottle. Sorry if I don't make much sense. There's a pic of some experimenting I was doing on 7-8-08 in my journal that shows a ghetto setup I tried, just use 2 liters. Check out the links though, they explain the idea way better than my stoned *** is. In the pic I was trying it out with some different bottles. JUST USE THE 2L BOTTLES!!! milk jugs don't work, it's just easier with the 2L's, trust me. Either way, it helps illustrate the idea I guess. Hope it helps.

Youtube video explaining the process -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZFM9ZpaqGM&feature=related

Some guy's site who knows way to much about making co2 with yeast -
www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info I am totally going to use yeast never even thought of it. but that kid is funny he says. "what happens is when you mix the water yeast and sugar some process happens that makes CO2" I laughed my *** off. but good info. I am thinking of just making one 2 litter per plant and place the exit tab near the stem of each plant. What do you think

Elven said:
I am thinking of just making one 2 litter per plant and place the exit tab near the stem of each plant. What do you think

that should work great! I would put the second bottle with water in it on each one just to make sure that the mixture doesn't foam over in to the medium though, it also acts as a bubble counter so you know when the mixture has stopped producing co2 and needs to be replaced. Just make sure the mixture doesn't get on your plants or in the medium, it's alcohol (basically crude, undistilled rum) and it will cause major issues if it spills. I took some pics of the ones I use and put them up in my grow journal today, not as ghetto as the ones on 7-8-08.

occg.hydro said:
that should work great! I would put the second bottle with water in it on each one just to make sure that the mixture doesn't foam over in to the medium though, it also acts as a bubble counter so you know when the mixture has stopped producing co2 and needs to be replaced. Just make sure the mixture doesn't get on your plants or in the medium, it's alcohol (basically crude, undistilled rum) and it will cause major issues if it spills. I took some pics of the ones I use and put them up in my grow journal today, not as ghetto as the ones on 7-8-08.

A check valve would do that wouldn't it?

Elven said:
A check valve would do that wouldn't it?
it should, give it a shot. I like having a bubble counter, but it's not really needed I guess as long as you change out the mixture every 10 days or so.

occg.hydro said:
it should, give it a shot. I like having a bubble counter, but it's not really needed I guess as long as you change out the mixture every 10 days or so.

What is the machine hooked to the tubes buddie?

the one in the diagram is an aquarium reactor. It enriches the water with co2 and oxygen. All the info I got on how to make these things was taken from people making them for their aquariums. Not necessary for what we're doing.

occg.hydro said:
the one in the diagram is an aquarium reactor. It enriches the water with co2 and oxygen. All the info I got on how to make these things was taken from people making them for their aquariums. Not necessary for what we're doing.

When I get my building done then I'll start on the co2...Thanks buddy & good morning.

I w ent to the club for a patient rights meets... They have cinderella 99 beans 14 of them for $55 dollars from Sensi seed

I painted the Can-Fan stand white... Hear are some pictures

HOMEBOX TENT XL1.jpg

HOMEBOX TENT XL 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back