Growing Tent Build 1,000 WATT MH/HPS Switchable Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool,be glad to say i'm smokin my own grow.won't it be nice.my girl is doing good now.i just got to keep her on the water for about a week or so.not sure on the ac yet,the 1 i'm lookin at cost 400 bucks.got to have 1 tho.gettin tired of keepin the front open and runnin duct everywhere to try to get enough air in it.i have it runnin from the central ac,but it needs to be constant.when the ac kicks off it heats up too much to close the tent up.you having any luck with your cooling.you had better have some ac pumpin to it,if you live in a hot area that is.just another month and it will start to cool down some here.but not really that hot now,about 82 today,but trying to use outside air is no good.found that out quick.good luck my friend and take care.
might move mine to the basement,lots cooler down there and constant temps.

andy52 said:
cool,be glad to say i'm smokin my own grow.won't it be nice.my girl is doing good now.i just got to keep her on the water for about a week or so.not sure on the ac yet,the 1 i'm lookin at cost 400 bucks.got to have 1 tho.gettin tired of keepin the front open and runnin duct everywhere to try to get enough air in it.i have it runnin from the central ac,but it needs to be constant.when the ac kicks off it heats up too much to close the tent up.you having any luck with your cooling.you had better have some ac pumpin to it,if you live in a hot area that is.just another month and it will start to cool down some here.but not really that hot now,about 82 today,but trying to use outside air is no good.found that out quick.good luck my friend and take care.
might move mine to the basement,lots cooler down there and constant temps.

Ya the basement is a better setup and more stealth & private.:rolleyes: .

My tent is 92 at the bottom... I need to get another temp... I can not grow inside until the Sativas are harvested... They are showing hairs & no balls...

I am glad to see you following my advice. Maybe one of the Mods will jump in and back me up on the PVC problem in grow tents. You will love the Homebox. Trust me. Mine not only contains my plants, but with active exhaust and intake no smell enters the room. Open the tent and it' like getting punched in the mouth with skunk odor.

Anyways, hopefully you are getting a full refund for your purchase of the knockoff tent.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
I am glad to see you following my advice. Maybe one of the Mods will jump in and back me up on the PVC problem in grow tents. You will love the Homebox. Trust me. Mine not only contains my plants, but with active exhaust and intake no smell enters the room. Open the tent and it' like getting punched in the mouth with skunk odor.

Anyways, hopefully you are getting a full refund for your purchase of the knockoff tent.

Thanks buddie I appreciate the good advice... I email homebox about the shipping charge wasn't to much... I'll order this week... Need any help let me know I ow you..:D

I ordered the Homebox to day and some beans..

I recieved the email and this is what the guy stated..

"Yes, we have heard about that. Basically the reason why those tents are being recalled is because they were adding chemicals to the tent to make it more cost efficient. We are not doing that. We have had no complaints about our tent so far. Your plants will not die."

did you ask for a refund if you return it still?

They are lying KGB. Ebay's feedback system is also made to deter bad feedback, and normally it's never posted. They aren't adding chemicals,there should be no glues or sprays on the tent.

It's the PVC liner doing it. Every company that has had problems now uses PE or polyethylene liners instead. I would ask for a refund and tell them you would rather not chance it. You are just unsatisfied with an inferior product....

They can say what they want, because their feedback system on commiunist bay is like the media in china. Only the good gets out.By the way ALL tents are made in China even homebox brand. It's the MATERIALS THEY ARE MADE FROM. WHY would a tent manufacturer spray a tent with chemicals? They are sewn together in sheets of materials, everything is sewn not glued, and spraying the tents with something would do what for te finished product?

I think this person is blowing smoke up your hoo haa

someguy said:
did you ask for a refund if you return it still?

It's been two months since I baught it... I asked him if I can return it... Waiting for a reply...

Mr.Wakenbake said:
They are lying KGB. Ebay's feedback system is also made to deter bad feedback, and normally it's never posted. They aren't adding chemicals,there should be no glues or sprays on the tent.

It's the PVC liner doing it. Every company that has had problems now uses PE or polyethylene liners instead. I would ask for a refund and tell them you would rather not chance it. You are just unsatisfied with an inferior product....

They can say what they want, because their feedback system on commiunist bay is like the media in china. Only the good gets out.By the way ALL tents are made in China even homebox brand. It's the MATERIALS THEY ARE MADE FROM. WHY would a tent manufacturer spray a tent with chemicals? They are sewn together in sheets of materials, everything is sewn not glued, and spraying the tents with something would do what for te finished product?

I think this person is blowing smoke up your hoo haa

Ya thats why ya got to read or have good buddie like I have hear at MP... I think he had 30 day refund... it's been two or more...lol.. Oh well... Life goes on...

well, man that sux, would of been worse to see a bunch of your babies die off from being poisoned.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
well, man that sux, would of been worse to see a bunch of your babies die off from being poisoned.

Ya it would of sucked... Thats why it's importent to do a build journal...:)

Thanks again..

Ebay Saler name: endlessrewards"

Saler stated "Im sorry, all sales are final".

Don't buy from this guy

what cha gonna do my friend?i sure hate to hear that crap.not very good business tactics.i would post it everywhere and in their comments section also.so,so sorry.hope you get a homebox,was lookin forward to swapping ideas about our tent grom.let me know something mt friend.

andy52 said:
what cha gonna do my friend?i sure hate to hear that crap.not very good business tactics.i would post it everywhere and in their comments section also.so,so sorry.hope you get a homebox,was lookin forward to swapping ideas about our tent grom.let me know something mt friend.

I ordered sunday Homebox XL... lol:D .. Good evening Andy52..

Ya that would be cool to share ideals..

did you give him good rep i hate that one time i got bad deal on ebay and gave them good rep, if you did you can go back and put these tents are made of pvc bad for growing under rep.

also is panda film made from pvc plastic?

toke@smoke420 said:
did you give him good rep i hate that one time i got bad deal on ebay and gave them good rep, if you did you can go back and put these tents are made of pvc bad for growing under rep.

I do not know buddie.. I'll look into it..

Sorting out the Vinyls – When is "Vinyl" not PVC?

Vinyl is commonly used as a shorthand name for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic as used in a range of products from flooring to siding to wall covering. Most commonly, when a product is referred to as "vinyl," it is comprised primarily of PVC. Occasionally it also may refer to polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC) a closely related compound, used in food wraps ('Saran') and other films, that shares most of the same environmental health problems.

In chemistry, however, the term "vinyl' actually has a broader meaning, encompassing a range of different thermoplastic chemical compounds derived from ethylene. In addition to PVC, "vinyls" in building materials also include:
- ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA), used in films, wire coating and adhesives
- polyethylene vinyl acetate (PEVA) a copolymer of polyethylene and EVA used in shower curtains, body bags
- polyvinyl acetate (PVA), used in paints and adhesives, such as white glue, and
- polyvinyl butyral (PVB), used in safety glass films.

What differentiates PVC from the other vinyls is the addition of a chlorine molecule (the chloride "C" in PVC and PVDC). Chlorine is the source of many of the environmental health concerns with PVC, such as the generation of dioxin, a highly carcinogenic chemical produced in both the manufacture and disposal of PVC. Due to its persistent and bioaccumulative nature (it travels long distances without breaking down and concentrates as it moves up the food chain to humans) dioxin has become a global problem and an international treaty – the Stockholm Convention on persistent organic pollutants (POPs) - now prioritizes the elimination of processes that produce dioxin.

Some of the non chlorinated vinyls (EVA, PEVA, PVA and PVB) are now beginning to be used as direct substitutes for PVC. EVA has been in use for several years as a chlorine free substitute for PVC – primarily in non building materials like toys and athletic shoes, but occasionally as a protective film or binder. In the building industry, post-consumer recycled PVB is now beginning to be used to replace PVC in carpet backing. Absence of chlorine alone does not make these other vinyls the final answer in the search for green polymers. There are still plenty of toxic challenges and untested chemicals in the life cycle of any petrochemical product. As is the case with most other polymers competing with PVC, however, the weight of available evidence indicates that the absence of chlorine in the formula will generally render the lifecycle environmental health impacts of PVB and the other vinyls less harmful than PVC and initial study is bearing this out. Like the polyolefin plastics, the use of PVB and the other non chlorinated vinyls represents a step forward in the search for alternatives to PVC.

In summary, with the exception of paints, glues and certain films, "vinyl" as a product description almost always means made of PVC. The term vinyl in ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA), polyethylene vinyl acetate (PEVA), polyvinyl acetate (PVA), and polyvinyl butyral (PVB), however, does not refer to PVC and does not raise the same concerns associated with chlorinated molecules like PVC.

When in doubt about the use of the term "vinyl", ask if it is PVC.
Posted by Ashley loves Leo at 12:14 PM
Labels: PVC, vinyl
0 comments

Just replace xx with tt's

hxxp://hiddenrecovery.blogspot.com/2008/05/vinyls-vs-pvc-what-is-what.html

toke@smoke420 said:

panda is made out of polyethylene not PVC. It won't give off any toxic fumes. polyethylene is used in agriculture, toys, etc... Keep in mind though that even polyethylene breaks down under UV exposure, any poly product will. Best bet would be to replace it every 2 years or so just to be safe. I've always used mylar or flat white paint so I've never had to deal with it but I set up a room for my buddy using panda and he never had any issues with it.

occg.hydro said:
panda is made out of polyethylene not PVC. It won't give off any toxic fumes. polyethylene is used in agriculture, toys, etc... Keep in mind though that even polyethylene breaks down under UV exposure, any poly product will. Best bet would be to replace it every 2 years or so just to be safe. I've always used mylar or flat white paint so I've never had to deal with it but I set up a room for my buddy using panda and he never had any issues with it.

Thanks OC for advice buddy

Latest posts

Back