Growing Tent Build 1,000 WATT MH/HPS Switchable Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take this into account. I got a Homebox, ordered directly form them, i run 1200w in it, and i have NO problems with a sick room. I researched for a few weeks before buying my tent , all other brands all had major bad rep except the Homebox, like i said, many of the newer HYDROHUTS and the Secret Jardin tents are fine or supposed to be. I just think Homebox caught it early, and alot of these companies are getting rid of old merchandise to turn a profit on somethng that isn't sellable.

It's not the glue that's killing the plants , its the PVC liner inside.
Just run the lights for a while and see if you smell anything, if you don't then try it i guess, but honestly i would not grow in one.

Many a sick tent thread on mjp.com

Sad to see great genetics down the tube over a company just trying to save some cash because PE is more expensive. Also another reason the Homebox is more expensive then all the other tents.

I would still ask for a refund. I wouldn't chance my babies.... maybe do a run of something you wouldn't mind losing like, bagseed or lowryder. LOL anything but your best babies first run. That way, nothing is lost but time.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
Take this into account. I got a Homebox, ordered directly form them, i run 1200w in it, and i have NO problems with a sick room. I researched for a few weeks before buying my tent , all other brands all had major bad rep except the Homebox, like i said, many of the newer HYDROHUTS and the Secret Jardin tents are fine or supposed to be. I just think Homebox caught it early, and alot of these companies are getting rid of old merchandise to turn a profit on somethng that isn't sellable.

It's not the glue that's killing the plants , its the PVC liner inside.
Just run the lights for a while and see if you smell anything, if you don't then try it i guess, but honestly i would not grow in one.

Many a sick tent thread on mjp.com

Sad to see great genetics down the tube over a company just trying to save some cash because PE is more expensive. Also another reason the Homebox is more expensive then all the other tents.

I would still ask for a refund. I wouldn't chance my babies.... maybe do a run of something you wouldn't mind losing like, bagseed or lowryder. LOL anything but your best babies first run. That way, nothing is lost but time.

Where did ya buy your homebox at ?

i have a homebox and had no problems with it,except setting it up.no directions came with it.but i got it.no smell,other than the new smell for awhile.plants doing great.i love the tents i have.yes i ordered a 2nd tent from the same place.love it

Mr.Wakenbake said:
http://www.buy-the-homebox.com/shop/

Click on the no pvc logo i think it will tell you there.

Anyways, hope i have helped . I am not trying to be a butt, i am just looking out for a fellow grower.

Oh no problem buddie.. I appreciate you being honest.... You ever come to Cali I'll smoke ya out. lol...

This is why MP is great because of members like you...

andy52 said:
i have a homebox and had no problems with it,except setting it up.no directions came with it.but i got it.no smell,other than the new smell for awhile.plants doing great.i love the tents i have.yes i ordered a 2nd tent from the same place.love it

I appreciate the advice. Thanks. Good morning too ya all..

Mr.Wakenbake said:

Anyways, hope i have helped . I am not trying to be a butt, i am just looking out for a fellow grower.

Is this going to be big enough for the 1,000 watt MH/HPS.. So I can order it.. What do ya think.

Size assembled (cm):100 x 100 x 200(inch):39,5 x 39,5 x 78,75Size Packed (cm):110 x 38 x 10(inch):43,3 x 15 x 4,25Weight (kg):12(us lb):25

Just a word about the Tents. The HYDROHUT is the bad one.
The SunHut from Sunlight Supply or "NGW" is all good.
I run a grow shop and that has been a huge deal.
The only grow tents we sell here now are the SunHut from
Sunlight Supply. We have not had any returned either. Too bad
for me I brought one of the HydroHuts home to start my Ice Cream
and White Rhyno seeds in. They germinated and withered up and
turned white within 2 weeks, and that was just running a small
CFL. If your Tent doesn't have brown trim on the outside it should
be all good.

I Eat Valium said:
Just a word about the Tents. The HYDROHUT is the bad one.
The SunHut from Sunlight Supply or "NGW" is all good.
I run a grow shop and that has been a huge deal.
The only grow tents we sell here now are the SunHut from
Sunlight Supply. We have not had any returned either. Too bad
for me I brought one of the HydroHuts home to start my Ice Cream
and White Rhyno seeds in. They germinated and withered up and
turned white within 2 weeks, and that was just running a small
CFL. If your Tent doesn't have brown trim on the outside it should
be all good.

It has black in white trim...

KGB30 said:
Is this going to be big enough for the 1,000 watt MH/HPS.. So I can order it.. What do ya think.

Size assembled (cm):100 x 100 x 200(inch):39,5 x 39,5 x 78,75Size Packed (cm):110 x 38 x 10(inch):43,3 x 15 x 4,25Weight (kg):12(us lb):25

The Homebox Original is what i run and that sounds about spot on on the measurements.

Again Homebox's don't suffer from sick room syndrome either. Glad to hear some other brands are fixing the problem.

In that same tent i run my two 600's.a 1k er will fit in there perfect, if i had it to do all over again, i would of bought the homebox XL it's 4x4 and prob would of give me more room . Anyways either the original or xl should give you what you want.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
The Homebox Original is what i run and that sounds about spot on on the measurements.

Again Homebox's don't suffer from sick room syndrome either. Glad to hear some other brands are fixing the problem.

In that same tent i run my two 600's.a 1k er will fit in there perfect, if i had it to do all over again, i would of bought the homebox XL it's 4x4 and prob would of give me more room . Anyways either the original or xl should give you what you want.

I just want ya to know thanks for ya help... I appreciate it..... Thanks buddie.

KGB30 said:

the website said ideal for 400w for the l size. 1000w a lot bigger. but i am a lighting novice fo sho. the xl tent is the only that says suitable for 1000w though.

someguy said:
the website said ideal for 400w for the l size. 1000w a lot bigger. but i am a lighting novice fo sho. the xl tent is the only that says suitable for 1000w though.

Dude my wife kill me if I get a bigger tent then what I already have thats for sure..lol

oh damn, just startin to look at details of these tents. i want one, just might have to buy one. thanks for buy a shatty tent KGB (j/k), or else who knows how long it would have taken to find these ones. cant wait to see ya get it goin.

someguy said:
oh damn, just startin to look at details of these tents. i want one, just might have to buy one. thanks for buy a shatty tent KGB (j/k), or else who knows how long it would have taken to find these ones. cant wait to see ya get it goin.

I'll order one this week... Not worried... My beans are sprouting nicely so my plan is moving a head so far ...:D

2 Buddha Cheese sprouted and 1 Bubble Gum sprouted all yesterday...:D

No thai yet sprouted :rolleyes:

Mr.Wakenbake said:

I am going to get the Homebox XL... A little bigger but oh well... Wife isn't going to be happy...Oh well..

I had a Sun-hut a while back I think 8 x 4 it was their biggest. I did get a contaminated one. The Hydro Store I buy everything from returned all my $$ with no problems.
They tried to sell me a Homebox but I got 2 complete 1000-Watt-HPS setups instead. The Homebox they had setup was really nice. Several upgraded features and they said NO worry about any problems.
I hope to get one in the future I will wait and see what your outcome is and what you think!! I had 3 400 watt hps @ that time and it was not even close for the large one I had maybe about half of what light was needed.

:D :ccc: :bong1: :aok: :joint: :bong:​

GrandDaddyToke said:
I had a Sun-hut a while back I think 8 x 4 it was their biggest. I did get a contaminated one. The Hydro Store I buy everything from returned all my $$ with no problems.
They tried to sell me a Homebox but I got 2 complete 1000-Watt-HPS setups instead. The Homebox they had setup was really nice. Several upgraded features and they said NO worry about any problems.
I hope to get one in the future I will wait and see what your outcome is and what you think!! I had 3 400 watt hps @ that time and it was not even close for the large one I had maybe about half of what light was needed.

:D :ccc: :bong1: :aok: :joint: :bong:

Ya I'll let ya know buddie any issues with Homebox...

hey man,whats up.hope you have it all ironed out.i had major heat issues with mine,homebox XL. i still have to keep the front open during lights on time.it gets hot in there and i have it vented above what recommended.and running a 400w. with vented reflector.got to hook up an ac directly to the intake side to keep it cool.kgb30,be careful with the 1000w in there.do like me and leave her open while running.i am ordering a portable ac unit to hook to both tents.thats the only way to be able to close the tent completely.i have a 465 cfm blower and it doesn't keep it cool enough to close up the tent.only thing is the ac running all the time.portable ac is the answer.good luck my friend.let me know

andy52 said:
hey man,whats up.hope you have it all ironed out.i had major heat issues with mine,homebox XL. i still have to keep the front open during lights on time.it gets hot in there and i have it vented above what recommended.and running a 400w. with vented reflector.got to hook up an ac directly to the intake side to keep it cool.kgb30,be careful with the 1000w in there.do like me and leave her open while running.i am ordering a portable ac unit to hook to both tents.thats the only way to be able to close the tent completely.i have a 465 cfm blower and it doesn't keep it cool enough to close up the tent.only thing is the ac running all the time.portable ac is the answer.good luck my friend.let me know

What ac unit did ya buy Andy52 buddie?

Ya puff gave me some ideals and Oc.... Get light issue fixed and how are your plants to day.... Oh man am I stoned.. I smoke some pink Maui I baught from the club..

Latest posts

Back