growing with out soil, but not hydro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headband

Reaction score
Ive seen some pictures of some real nice cannabis plants that were grown with out soil, just bottom of roots would hang into the water in a 5 gal bucket. Im pretty sure i read it in the cannabibile, didnt say anything about how to. I wanted to know how in the heck you start one of these grows? How is the plant supported?:watchplant:

thats a type of hydro, seen a diagram here a while ago that showed the steps to do it but wasnt able to find it now, maybe some1 else can throw that info for you. as far as how it holds it, well it can be different things, some people use perlite, lava rocks, the round pebbles, i have even some 1 use marbles once, ( pretty cool looking too!!), whatever you feel most comfortable using.. good luck :aok:

the one a saw looked like it wasnt held by any hydro rocks at all, I just saw a pic of a person holding the roots under some water. then he took it out.i wanna lean how to grow this:joint:

ive seen some people use styrofoam. not like intact but you know how when you break it and you can roll the beads out and make a huge mess, very interesting just as long as there are nutes and water and air availible your choices are unlimited

ok so i have a seedling. Do i let her grow big enough in soil till I can hold "her" cus I messed up and sprouted her in a glass. It was impossible to get out, so i dug it out. I had the plant and root system in my hand, no soil. Then i transplanted her into the bottom of a paper cup and put soil around so next time i can easily move her out of the cup. .She survived and is growing, should I take her out when she gets a little bit more mature and then rinse the soil out of the roots. Do I stabilize her at the stock when its sturdy enough to hold?

sure trail and error, i started some in soil and moved the whole root ball and siol straight into the hydro system didnt hinder her at all just have a bit of soil in her net pot but if nothing else the soils can stabilize th ph and dont get me wrong im no expert but hey it work got a good yeild and try something new next time

ok cool, thats what I thought. Hopefully it works, cuss these grows look sicky and it would be cool with some hst too

Latest posts

Back