Growth after flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldhippy

Old Hippy
Reaction score
I am wonder if one of you more experience growers can tell how much will plants will increase in size after I Chang the light to 12/12. I have room for plants to reach 66" they are now at 30" So I have room from them to double in size. Should I make them flower or veg them another 6". Also any tips would be good frist timmer. Plants are looking Goood Mon!

Bebas-1.jpg

Bebas-2.jpg

Bebas-4.jpg

Bebas-5.jpg

some of my plants double some a little more. it just depends on the strain. Idicas stay lower, sativas can get tall fast. i would put them in flowering now if you only have room for them to double just to be safe. JMO

if i was you i would flower for such lil room you have because they can grow another foot or to after 12/12 just what i think or try some lst

I have plants that are 30" tall I have room for then to get 60" tall That's twice the high they are now. Should I start flowering or can I let them get taller. How much do they grow after flowering starts. Any tips from those with experience?
They look so good I want to get all the crop I can.

Thanks

old hippy

OOOH flower them as soon as possible, they can double or even tripple in size.

You may want to consider topping your plants. I think that you are going to be in trouble and run out of headroom if your plants are 30" now. You will need to wait a bit after topping to put into flowering, but that, IMHO, is far better than your plants growing into your lights.

if your going to let them grow id super crop them for more bush, then top them, you can also tie down the big leafs to promote more light to smaller branches and nodes, i would have to say she looks like an indica to me but i cant point a strain on them they look like jock horrors but im not going to say it is in a positive way, but it just gives me that feel, also since you got this far, dont mess with your feed to your plants you got this far you can throw it all away by being impatient and adding too much nutes, let them hit 35 inches then switch to the flowering

What are jock Horrors? I am not sure I want an aswer, but I guess it would be better to find out then to ponder.

Thanks for your time

Oldhippy

I have changed to 12/12 and will start adding nuts to make her flower if I get into to much of a high problem( to tall, my problem to high) I plan to use LS by bending or tying down. Don't really want to pinch at this point I just want a crop. This is my first time next time I will be more experienced and more willing to try new things.

I would like to Thank all of you for your help and getting my butt in gear.

Thanks
oldhippy

oldhippy said:
I have changed to 12/12 and will start adding nuts to make her flower if I get into to much of a high problem( to tall, my problem to high) I plan to use LS by bending or tying down. Don't really want to pinch at this point I just want a crop. This is my first time next time I will be more experienced and more willing to try new things.

I would like to Thank all of you for your help and getting my butt in gear.

Thanks
oldhippy

You do not want to lst after they are in flower. This is something you need to do while it is still in veg. Stressing the girls while they are in 12/12 is bad.

I will only use as last resort, better then losing the crop don't you think.
This is realy trial and era. If they get to tall may be I will have to take the top shelf out then I can get another 3'. That would be a lot of work and it would be right over the top of the plants. A lot of things could go wrong ( MURPHY'S LAW ) I am sure It will all work out.

old hippy

is that a stealth fridge? how did you ventilate it? good question by the way i learned a lot from this thread. good posts everybody.

I just finished my first indoor grow of an indica. My plants didn't quite double in size, they went from 17" to 28". I was under 400w MH, I didn't put in HPS until after they were flowering for a month (only because I didn't have an HPS till then). I think the "stretch" during flowering will have a lot to do with your lighting. Also, when you say they're 30", does that include the pot they're in?
BTW, welcome to MP.

oldhippy said:
What are jock Horrors? I am not sure I want an aswer, but I guess it would be better to find out then to ponder.

Thanks for your time

Oldhippy

jock horror is a Gypsy Nirvana strain, you cen get beans to grow them at nirvana-shop.com

Well, My plants have only really started stretching properly after I switched to 12/12. strange huh? so, yeah... they'll keep growing alright. safe to flower :)

Flower now, they will increase in height by half more if they are indica, two times + if sativa.
I use the same style buckets you do, handy aren't they?
Another old hippy, Smithy

I think you are talking about "Jack Harrars" (spelling). They are a nice hybrid out of the great land of Canada.
S.

Don't pinch them, let the buds at top be. You'll get your best with a terminal bud. Cervantes says take leaves off as they age/ yellow, manicure a little each day, And I do agree, don't shock the girls after they are in flower.
S.

jeff said:
is that a stealth fridge? how did you ventilate it? good question by the way i learned a lot from this thread. good posts everybody.

I am growing in a closet and the only method of ventilation is open the door. I keep the door open when the light is on when the light goes out the door is closed. I have a 5 o'clock to 5 o'clock grow cycle. So when I get up at 5 I have to remember to open the door. This morning I forgot to open until about 5:45 and the closet was warm, but not hot and had a humid moist sell like after a rain in the tropics. I am wondering If I will be able to get a way with this when the flowers come or if the smell will be to much. I live in Fl. and the air condition is always on this time of year. I hope that will keep the smell under control or I will have to rig a filter of some kind.

Latest posts

Back