growth questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
hello all. how have all u fine people been. sorry been away for a while but been busy. so I purchased two waterfarm systems from general hydroponics. yes I popped my cherry going soilless. my two cloned plants. (og kush and shoreline) have been in the system for a week today. I have yet to see new growth. could anyone please give advise before I start crying. those are two wonderful clones I do not want to lose.

Thank you lots

Tell us more. How large were the clones? Did they have good root growth? What medium were they in? Are you running nutes? What ppm? What is your pH?

Give us more info and will see what we can do to help.

the clones were real health nice roots and were cloned in a ez cloner with ez clone gel. the strains are og kush and shoreline. I am using flora nutes following the recirculating schedule. the ph is at 6.04 I do not keep track of ppm as I dont' know how.

sorry for long reply went to china town for dinner

I will assume your in hydroton.
I have found there is a delay is sometimes when you transplant to the waterfarm for the plant to "take off"

What timing are you using on the drip on and off?

I would invest in a PPM/EC meter, freshly rooted clones don't want full strength nutes, I use about 450 - 600 ppm.

Also 6.04 is a bit high on PH but I don't think that's your trouble, just be patient.

:yeahthat:

I also know folks that water from top when they place the clones in the farm...

Since nobody else has asked, I'll throw in a few obvious questions...what type of lighting are you using, and what are your day and night time temperatures. Obviously temperatures too high/low during night and day will stunt the growth of the girls. Are you Noobyicing any kind of stress on the clones?

I personally believe that it is your pH. For hydro, it is out of range for most nutes. I personally like to start my pH low like 5.4 or 5.5 and let it drift up to around 6.0. Here is a chart that shows the uptake of nutes at differing pH levels. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1833&d=1141100090

Flora nutes....is that GH Flora 3 part series, GH Flora Nova, or some other nute? I have never seen a feeding schedule for recirculating systems, could you link me here or direct me somewhere I could look how much you are using?

Since you purchased the waterfarm setup, I am assuming that you are using the drip and that these are getting watered from the top? What is the water level in the buckets?

A couple of other things: Did you have your water checked so you know the starting ppm? Some water has a whole lot of dissolved minerals in it already and can kind of mess with your nutrients solution. What is the temperature of your nute solution? Pumps can sometimes raise the nute solution temps too high. Nute solution that is too cold or too warm will result in poor growth. Do the roots still look white and healthy, are they growing?

Mslady, I would like to merge your 3 threads into 1 so the info can be in one place. Would you prefer it be in the Indoor section or the Hydro section?

Latest posts

Back