half a tray tall other half shorties

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicalGreenGrower

Reaction score
i have a tray of plants that for some reason has one side that has grown tall and bushy and the other side has only grown to 3/4 the height of the taller half. is there anything i can do to encourage the one side to grow and stall the taller side. spray nutes? 24 hr light? (i'm now at 18 light/6 dark.) right now the nutes in the tank for this tray is at 1320ppm. thanks

mG

|-------------|
| SHORT |
| drain/Oo/fill|
| TALL |
|_________|

sorry, i'm using a jumbo fluoro bulb from the hydro store and it's just above the tall plants, as close as it can be without burning. the light runs the length of the tray (in the above diagram it would be running left to right centered over the fill/drain. i'm using sensi grow, with calMag, Liquid Karma, and Superthrive added as well.

for anyone who stumbles on this with the same issue, this was what i did to fix the problem. i shifted the tray slightly to put the shorter side of the tray more to the center of the bulb (i only had a tiny bit of empty space around the tray so i could not move it very much) and then i pinched the top of the tallest plant. i changed the nutes as usual increasing the ppm as planned and within a few days the shorter two plants shot up and are now nearly level with the taller plants.

mG

Latest posts

Back