Hanging thin string from your lights down into your plants to control spider mites???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfairy

Reaction score
Heard this one just today: Hang thin string from your lights down to your grow & the mites will go to the string & make a climb towards the lights!!! Cuz you know, they love the heat!! My theory is that they go to the heat, breed, then maybe climb back down to the plants & lay their eggs. Sounds logical, but what do I know, I'm just an unknown quantity at this point!! Does anyone have any input on this technique or my "theory" ?

greenfairy said:
Sounds logical, but what do I know, I'm just an unknown quantity at this point!! Does anyone have any input on this technique or my "theory" ?
Sounds illogical to me. But Im just really nice!
:rofl:

Sounds like B S :p

hi greenfairy ...

i answered your q in the thread ,about thrips ,,,,,may not be much use to you tho :ignore:

goodluck :peace:

Heard this one just today: Hang thin vine from your treehouse down to your wife & the wife will go to the vine & make a climb towards the Man!!! Cuz you know, they love the heat!! My theory is that they go into heat, breed, then maybe climb back down to the monkey's and lions & lay their eggs. Sounds logical, but what do I know, I'm just an unknown quantity at this point!! Does anyone have any input on this technique or my "theory" ?
This theory reminds me of an episode of Tarzan ! Jane used to do the same thing after a domestic in the tree house ! Maybe the mites learnt from her ! LOL !

Mites like the light, but will not leave the food sourse perminately. A few or even a few dozen may consider climbing your "string of death" but this will not eliminate the issue. I'd suggest more traditional methods also, but let us know the results.

I agree with Jman...they like warmth but they dont eat string...I get rid of them safely and naturally with "That Stuff Spidermite Destroyer".

purplephazes said:
This theory reminds me of an episode of Tarzan ! Jane used to do the same thing after a domestic in the tree house ! Maybe the mites learnt from her ! LOL !

:rofl: ^ thats some crazy, funny a stuff ph. roflmfao...

a string dude/dudette? we ain't breed'in fleas/mites.

Ever wonder why you see em under the bottoms of leaves? might like heat but don't think there partial to light. just my thought on it.

try tieing liiiitle bitty hangmans nooses.. :p "assisted suicide"..;)

add a swimming pool, and jacuzzi, and i'm coming over. don't display the noose in public, thats a felony.:eek: ...

just ask jack kevorkian...

Carfull Hick!
A little ribbing like that here might set off green like mine did to maxi!!!

All fun

Cheers!!!!

purplephazes said:
This theory reminds me of an episode of Tarzan ! Jane used to do the same thing...
Holy Crap! I didn't know Tarzan had a grow room! How'd I miss that? Cheeta, go bring water from elephant trunk!

I knew that dude was high when he started doin that yelling thing.

IRISH said:
add a swimming pool, and jacuzzi, and i'm coming over. don't display the noose in public, thats a felony.:eek: ...

just ask jack kevorkian...

Could leave out a bowl of beer, maybe the mites are an Irish variety, they'd all drown because none of them would let his mates pull him out ta the free beer! :)

Latest posts

Back