Harvest time question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
I was looking at the trichs on a bud of one of my plants. About 95% of them are cloudy. There are a few amber, and several dark brown, almost black ones. There are more dark brown trichs than there are amber. I want about 80% cloudy/20% amber. Should I wait until I see more amber, or should I pick it because of the dark brown ones? I understand that the dark brown ones indicate that the THC has completely degraded.

Your help is appreciated.

what strain are we talking about...and how far into flower my friend...and also what high do you like? I start Harvest when my trichs get to changing amber..but thats how i like it..and then some more a week later..and so on..Good luck ..this is Happy times

the ones turning black are dead, they have past the harvest window....from what ive read anyway

Yes, the black ones are dead, but most of them are cloudy and a few are amber. Overall, I don't believe the bud is over-ripe. Maybe I'll pick it tomorrow.

I normally I don't see too many black trichs; perhaps the uvb light I've been using caused that to happen.

ya can cut down whats you see that look ready, some people use microscope to look, its painful on eyes..some peope tell by seeds when
seeds matures, then its time to havest, or you can snipe the branch where
you think its time to havest, and save others to see the changes.. but
you might need to patch/cover the cut area though..

:huh: Papa your killin me.....Dude I have no idea what you just said...

Now, be nice. It's an old thread and there will be no sense in making fun of someone you don't know:cool:

This is an old thread. And I happy to say that I'm much better at growing and harvesting than I was back when I originally made the post. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back