Has ne of yall worked construction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdjbud420xx

Reaction score
Hey, whos worked contruction? I have and let me tell you, most of everyones house was built by a pot head. lol. Ive worked in that line for a while. Mostly residential, and everyone smoke. Is houses just fallin down everywhere cuz we were high?

Ive had my own Construction Business for over 18yrs. :D Up and Down Up and Down,,thats all I have ever known. Feast and Famon. I have made upwards of 390,000.00 a year,,,all the way down to 12,000.00 for the year. That sir is Construction,,,GOD I LOVE IT,,NOt one EDIT Piss test in my life that wasnt Parole Related,:confused: ,,never my job.:hubba:

Ive been hurt so many times on jobsites. Not once did I have to take a test. Oh and not cuz I was high. Just hazards of the job.

I've owned my own construction business for years, up until very recently actually. Due to the state of our economy and the lack of new homes being built I had to take another job. I still do jobs on the side but it is no longer my primary source of income. Having a boss is really strange.

Yes I too have worked construction but not housing I worked road and bridge construction. Worked it for 11yrs until a ladder fell from the bridge and landed on me and broke my back. Was down and out for 4 yrs from the accident and then tried to go back but my back could'nt handle the strain of the job so I had to quit and go into another field of work. But every bridge I was involved in working on is still standing and cars and trucks still drive on and over them every day without one falling down...take care..

I do cabinets now, but I've done lots of different construction jobs from tile, pavers, cleaning, finish...
Things are looking pretty scary around here right now, I think if I get out of the building industry soon I'm going to find something else to do. Maybe become an astronaut or something.

I used to install gas fireplaces, and run chimney or ventilation piping.

Mostly new construction or gutted remo's.

Get to the jobsite at about 10am, leave at about 3pm and NEVER come back.

Pretty sweet. New exciting challenges every day. Can't beat that.

Well okay Friends..I been in it my whole life..Up and down as Cowboy said..its a hard industry to be in right now..I have worked for so many diffrent Builders over the years learning this and learning that..well Im glad to say Im still working for the same company now for over 7 years ..we have shut down the Residential division of our company which was a $19 million a year..but its our Commercial side that has kept them a float untill now..lots of friends lost thier jobs b4 Christmas..and Thank our stars above we moved into the medical field years ago.Building Dentist/Doctors offices...thats all we are building at the moment..Its getting tough out there my friends and Im affraid its not going to get better for a while..

Cadlakmike....do what you gotta do to take care of yours..even if it meens another job like you say...and we learn to tighten the money clip..I too had my own Remodle company..wasnt doing to bad..but needed health car for kids so went to work for this company..Glad i did..i would be outta work just as many are...well enough of that..Im going to go smoke my bong now..Bye

My Step Dad did the smart thing. He started out making **** for money,,but he is now 18 months from retiring from the City Water Dept.
I coulda went to work at the same place,,but no,,I was making lots of money in construction:rolleyes:IDIOT.
Now,,here I am 53 yrs old,,no retirment,,and just barley(Thank God for the barley) getting by. Yep,,I made alot more money then he did,,,"""AT the time""". He will catch up with me real soon at the rate things are going. Damnt Man,,Shoulda ,,Coulda ,,Woulda.:D

GeoffTheMess said:
i wouldnt ever work costruction, i get angry enough just doing small reno's at my home. i'll stick to cooking. everyone always needs food!

yes..and the Medical field....people need to eat..and they need to be fixed:rolleyes: ..I too shoulda listen to others and went a diffrent way..but like Cowboy up there said..when your 18 and makeing the $$$ that Construction gives..its hard to listen...untill you are all broken up and barely makeing it...The only reason im still employed is cause i do the warrenty repairs for the company..But if we dont start picking up on the leases we wont have any buildings under warranty. I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery of our economy here in the USA

I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery of our economy here in the USA

I'm with you man, it's scary what has happened here. I hope to be able to go back to doing what I used to do, but for now, I'm just thankful to have a job.

yes lotek...ive been cooking for about 8 years now and i can honestly say 99% of the people i have met along the way are atleast potheads if not otherdrugheads. its funny to me

the more professional a chef, the higher class drug they do. i know for a fact that a certain ramsey has run a joint with coke mirrors in the reach ins. all the tv douches everyone loves so much do coke, and all the real people smoke weed. and dabble in other things. ive had a boss addicted to everything at one time or another, and ive worked a shift on everything, one time or another. been fired and my boss didn't remember he did it the next morning..

if you can handle your job and have it down good, drugs are a fun way to challenge yourself on a slow day :p

I've done construction a few times...
Hated it...
Trying to stay away from this kinda business...
Not my thing...
And haven't met that many stoners building either... Surprised to hear so many growers on MP are actually doing construction work...
Like lotek says there is a stoner everywhere...
I think Doctors are the worst when it comes to drug abuse...
My wife is a nurse...
All her medical mates are into something...
Scary...
Or is it?? :hubba:

I've worked in road construction and asphalt paving for many years. Since I'm a supervisor and have to set a good example, I never smoke on the job except the second hand smoke that the bunch of stoners that are working with me put out. The worst one I've known for twenty years and never saw him straight. When I suggested he cut back while on the job he assured me that he couldn't function straight and it would endanger his health. How can you argue with logic like that?

ive been in construction sense i was six. my dad and his brother owned the business still do. worked it for years. i have never fallen in 14 years. hope to keep it that way. never been pissed tested and never will. i love it and wouldnt change what i did for anything. except maybe if i married someone rich.

Latest posts

Back