Heat problems with Diesel Ryder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgerunner

Reaction score
My Diesel Ryders are 6 days old and the leaves were curled down much to my suprise when I checked the temps it was 93 f the central air duct was closed in the closet . I opened the duct and put in a small fan and the temps lowered to what you see. I am growing in jungle growth potting soil from Lowes 0.20-0.22-0.20 I have added no additional nutes After they show sex I am moving them outdoors. Do you think the temps are still to high. The one with the burnt leaves had a cfl light touching it . This is a cfl grow in a 2ft x 2ft box the plants are in 20 oz plastic party cups with holes punched in the bottom.

100_2252.jpg

100_2253.jpg

temps should be ok now i keep mine around 79-80 max:)

i have 8 ak-47 autos growing now and started them in same cups u have and had the same drooping of the leaves like yours thought it was overwatering/heat stress but i learned they where rootbound already after 1 week in those cups i have now transplanted them in to there final pots and they exploded with growth since, mine are at 11 days old and on 3-4 sets of leaves already when i had them in the cups looked just like yours bro.So IMO i wouldnt wait till they showed sex to transplant because they will be rootbound.

also is this going to be a grow journal or did u post in the wrong section?

I will transplant them in 2 gallon pots tomorrow the only problem I will have then is not enough cfls to cover 7 plants so i guess I will start hardening them off outside I have 10 cfls 6 42 watt and 4 23 watt. we have a cold front coming in next week and the temps will be around 30 f for 2 nights Then I will start putting my plants outside during the day all day. normally this time of year our temps at night are in the high 40s to mid 50s with day temps low 70s to low 80s. what night time temps do you look for to put your plants out. our average last frost is mid April.:)

This will be a grow journal . My bad I should have explained that In the first post I will also be planting Thai S-Skunk, and the Church both outdoor grows. also I have 1 Female super Skunk bean from G13 Labs also an outdoor grow

Howdy! Before transplanting all those, I would suggest you carefully knock one out of it's container and inspect the root zone. I would bet a big J that they aren't rootbound. There is no growth above the first 2 leaves. I look at it like this-no top, no bottom. Works the other way too. Once you get bottom (roots) then you get lots of top growth. They tend to be in balance.

I transplanted 3 and there were 4 or 5 roots at the bottom of the cup. We are having days in the 70s so these will go outside during the day. and inside on cold nights. but will remain ouside at night when the temps are above 50 f:)

exactly why i said go ahead u still had another 1-2 weeks left for sex, they would of been rootbound trust me i why i said go ahead and transplant now and mine looked just like yours and the roots where already wrapping around the bottoms in mine big time.And from i have read and been told once the tap root on autos hits bottom of the container growth will slow down why i suggested to transplant now ;)
most auto breeders reccomend 5 liter pots from the start:)

Latest posts

Back