Hello everyBUDy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robisontransport3500

Reaction score
Hello all I am excited to get to know all (most likely some) of you I am a new personal medical grower, so far I am 2 weeks after sprout and I love the results so far. I’m keeping my grow an indoor %100 organic grow and I have 6 beautiful plants that I believe have all showed their gender as lovely young lady’s and I’m excited to continue this lovely experience. I germinated 12 seeds in soil and produced 9 seedlings, all 9 were healthy but local laws limit my production to 6 plants at once, don’t worry no plants were harmed in the making of this thread and the other 3 plants (admittedly) the runts of the litter were found new homes with other lawful medical marijuana patients in the area. I will try to figure out how to post some pictures as I am currently building my growroom and would love opinions on what I’m doing. Thank you all.

Rob -- Welcome to MP !-- 2 weeks after sprout ?- How U know they female ?- Are they feminized seed ?-- We'll get U pointed in the right direction !- We have some excellent organic farmers who really know thier stuff !- I'm a cloner and a water farmer !-- I'm in Texas which is the straight up
heart of prohibition !- I appear to be over the legal plant count myself !- MMJ is my jam !-- I had a severe head Injury and was a legal morphine junky for most of a decade !- I make my own medicine now and don't go to the doctor anymore !-- I mostly take it as cannacaps or a coconut oil extraction I call Coconut Earl !-- Personally I think if someone sparks up one after work to unwind it's medical !
Good Luck on your grow !- Just about anything U will need to know lives here !-- Not giving U a hard time but no way U know the sex of 2 week old sprouts unless they feminized !- Listen to these people !-- This is what we do !

Thank you for the reply, I was under the impression that the small pistols at the base of the fan leaves are an indication of gender I’ll post a picture to show what I mean. As I said I’m a first time grower and just doing research, talking with people, and trying to submerse myself in as much experience as possible. Thank you again, please let me know what you think.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 13
Rob I'm not seeing any sex !-- Unless they are feminized seed we have to sex them - I do it to smaller plants than most !- U have to grow them a little bigger then put your light timer on 12 hours of dark and 12 hours of light !- Within 2 weeks or so U will see male and female show themselves - U can kill the males and turn your light back to 18/6 or 24 /7 which ever U choose to veg !- I grow under LEDs and I would suggest 1,000 watt light or bigger for every square meter or yard of grow space !-- Until then put those grow tubes right down within a few inches of those plants!
Being a cloner I take a girl root out cuttings and bloom her over and over as long as I want !
(I got 14 girls )

Nice, thank you for the info I have this 1200w grow light on the way, I was hoping to get them most of the way through veg with the one light and was planning to buy another 1-2 before flower depending on what kind of canopy I have at that point. Attached is the light I went with which is economical on price I’m not sure what I can really expect out of it but I’m working with a budget lol. I also attached some pics of work in the grow room today and blocking off the windows and sealing the room with some 6 mil plastic, also a few more pics of how my starting setup was, i do wish I had the lights closer as I’m guessing that’s why my plants are so tall and spindly already.

Attachments

• 1AC47ABA-8163-4FF7-81E9-247839EFAB96.png
    1AC47ABA-8163-4FF7-81E9-247839EFAB96.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 12
Yes they need more light !-- The pictured light should work fine - U want the LEDs about 16-18 above the plants !- All U need is one girl from those seed !-- When U have a confirmed girl - U can root cuttings from it and grow all U want for long as U want !-It would be hard to run a continuous grow with only 6 plants but it can be done !- I would suggest some high THC and some high CBD weed !--
Also suggest feminized seed if U gonna grow them out one group at a time !-- Everyone is a girl so no sexing !

I definitely want to get into cloning but I’ll be honest these are all bag seeds so I don’t really know what I’m getting, what I was hoping was to be able to find a strain that I liked, grew good, and produced good yields and then tip my hat at cloning at that point, thank you again for all the info.

It'll be a good test run for U !-- There's over 16,000 varieties to choose from !-- I would suggests browsing at one the seed catalogues - Leafly.com or Seedfinder.com - They don't sell seed but have discriptions and where to get them !

I’ll be sure to look that up, another update on the grow room ........ lol I should have measured because I’m way short on plastic but here it is, base layer of 6 mil plastic (Walmart $19.88) aluminum tape (Walmart $7.67) 2 emergency heat blankets (Walmart $2.47 each) and I’m into this project so far for about $30. When I get more plastic tomorrow I will finish layering the walls and then do an extra seam joint at every corner of the room to really make sure it’s sealed. I hope these emergency heat blankets will reflect good enough the 99% reflective Mylar is a bit out of the budget at the moment. What did you guys use when first starting out and you were on a tight budget?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6
Dude my veg is in a stripped out mobile home that was 30 feet under water during Harvey !- About an 8x8 foot room
Built inside the trailer -- Bloom is in another trailer - There's no tent or special anything !-- put some foam board insulation up and put a window unit in - Hang my lights - some fans -- Just my aero boxes sitting on the floor with a light over them ! - Box cost me about $50 to build maybe a $150 light !- This is what I do !- 1st pic inside my boxes 2nd pic the outside
20200102_084636.jpg

Latest posts

Back