Hello I got an idea I like to mention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
Hello I like my bud to be soft an smokeable an the thing I see is buds that are hard and don’t even shred when put in a grinder , it’s something I need to avoid because it hurts me I can’t smoke much I can take a few hits a day anyone know how to do that I assume it’s left to dry on the plant by cutting water to just a an once or half cup a day so the plant drys but doesn’t die . But I am not sure so anyone study this ?

Dry by maintaining 60 F (American Temp) and 60 RH, in total darkness with a slight breeze, it should take 10 to 14 days at a minimum!! and the branches will just barely snap when bent. Then it is into mason jars. Burp those (Open them) an for an hour once a day. Pay attention to smells and look at the buds. You don't want mold or weed that is too damp. I have had to dump jars out and leave them out for a whole day before I re-jar and start burping again. You still have a couple weeks left if I remember right. Maybe not. IDK. Research here drying and curing. For the most part, almost any question you can think of is more than likely answered here somewhere. Put the time if if you are able and study up.. If you have an actual emergency or even just think you have one, do NOT hesitate to reach out here somewhere - give a shout out and explain as much as you understand and somebody will get back to you somehow. The night shift isn't quite as active as day shift depending on who is on here, but we will get to ya... If I said that right. Your with Marijuana Passion now... We do not leave our people behind if at all possible.

Hello I like my bud to be soft an smokeable an the thing I see is buds that are hard and don’t even shred when put in a grinder , it’s something I need to avoid because it hurts me I can’t smoke much I can take a few hits a day anyone know how to do that I assume it’s left to dry on the plant by cutting water to just a an once or half cup a day so the plant drys but doesn’t die . But I am not sure so anyone study this ?
I think cutting water to a plant to dry it while still planted(and not harvested) will stress it and kill your plant slowly. A stressed plant may hermie and will be prone to disease. I have never had buds too hard for my grinder or that wouldn’t grind. If you dry and cure properly, as bugus was pointing out above, the smoke will be smoother than improperly dried and cured bud. It may still make you cough depending on how big of a drag you take and any lung issues you may have(asthma, emphysema, COPD, allergies, etc). If smoking hurts you, I suggest you try vaping or edibles.

Edited because my first sentence had ‘don’t’ in it which is the opposite of what I was trying to state…

Last edited:
I would dry and cure it like monkey says. It should grind ok maybe you need to clean your grinder. Since you don’t smoke much and it bothers you a bit, you could mix your herb with a little mullein to get a smoother smoke. Mullein is pleasant to the lungs when smoking and is actually a medicine for the lungs The mullein will also have to be ground in your grinder and you will have to clean your grinder afterwards as well.

This is what I use for my sissy sticks I make for my girls. 50/50 herb and mullein

DE16F3E2-C2D4-45EA-BC67-036E17B8555E.jpeg

This is what I use for my sissy sticks I make for my girls. 50/50 herb and mullein

View attachment 314425
Made tea with my mullein yesterday for my wife’s lasting Covid cough and it fixed her up in a jiffy. The joint I rolled with some had too much cannabis in it for me. I was baked after a quarter of a joint. Back to the drawing board…

Made tea with my mullein yesterday for my wife’s lasting Covid cough and it fixed her up in a jiffy. The joint I rolled with some had too much cannabis in it for me. I was baked after a quarter of a joint. Back to the drawing board…
Fogey, you should try smoking the mullein by itself or putting less weed in your joint. The mullein also has some soothing effects. I like the smoothness of it but would rather smoke straight cannabis for an actual buzz

Fogey, you should try smoking the mullein by itself or putting less weed in your joint. The mullein also has some soothing effects. I like the smoothness of it but would rather smoke straight cannabis for an actual buzz
The sissy stick smokes fine but doesn’t have as much of a weed taste as I like. May be better in the warmer weather for me to smoke while gardening out in the yard(we don’t smoke in the house). That being said, my wife really likes it as a tea. Since she started drinking it, her cough is history. Could it be her cough was on the way out before? Of course but her Covid cough is done with and she likes the flavor so it is a ‘maybe win-win’ scenario.

The sissy stick smokes fine but doesn’t have as much of a weed taste as I like. May be better in the warmer weather for me to smoke while gardening out in the yard(we don’t smoke in the house). That being said, my wife really likes it as a tea. Since she started drinking it, her cough is history. Could it be her cough was on the way out before? Of course but her Covid cough is done with and she likes the flavor so it is a ‘maybe win-win’ scenario.
It would taste more like weed if you put more weed in it 🤣🤣🤣
your goal was to be able to smoke a whole joint. So I guess that’s the trade off.😜

It would taste more like weed if you put more weed in it 🤣🤣🤣
your goal was to be able to smoke a whole joint. So I guess that’s the trade off.😜
I have never smoked mullein, but it grows everywhere around here.
The wife has some jarred up that she is making a tincture with.

Interesting…What is she making the tincture for? Lung issues?
Yes, it’s supposed to be good for respiratory ailments.
She made some salve out of jewel weed last year that works great on poison ivy and bug bites.
I been crushing jewel weed and applying to bug bites and such for as long as I can remember.
Fresh spice bush leaves and berries crushed and rubbed all over makes a good bug repellent. I was planning to have her make a salve out of that to try as bug repellent, but forgot to gather any over the summer.

Latest posts

Back