Hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKNO1

Reaction score
Hi my name is SKNO1:) and I joined this forum board hoping to talk to some professionals that might be able to help me out with my indoor grower. So far I know that I want to try to fit atleast 4 plants into the closet grower. I also want a decent amount of vegetative growth so I would like the plants to grow 3' high or so.. I'm thinking about using 400 mh lamp with filtered intake/exhaust and oscilating fan to keep things cool. If anyone could give me some tips I would appreciate it. Does anyone know good germination techniques? Thank you and any help will be very appreciated.

Hello and welcome to mp ,:48:,,,,lots of great advise to be had ,,,just put ypur questions in the relevent section for and quicker answers :peace:

what size closet u using ,,,i use a fairly small one with a 400hps for flowering
you gonna veg and flower with the mh?
i use the paper towel method for germing :peace:

I'm using a fairly small closet too. I'm hoping to fit about 4 plants in there. Yes i was going to use mh for veg and flowering.. I dont see why not really. I'm keeping it simple. Just wanting to get the job done but i'm working on a nice setup.. Do you run an enclosed grower?:)

:welcome: Welcome to the site. Most of the information you are looking for is already here, check out the stickied threads, especially in the indoor growing section. i personally use the wet paper towel method to germinate and have a very high success rate with it, again more information on that is available. Check out these two links to other sections of the site, most of what you are looking for is here. Read, read, and then read some more. If you have any specific questions that aren't answered here or with the search feature ask and a lot of very knowledgeable people will help, this site and the members here have helped me tremendously.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Hey ukgirl. Enclosed grower is where you grow in an airtight, lightproof box to control your environment.

Does anyone know any good sites to order seeds from?

marijuana-seeds.nl has been good to me many times.
i start all my seeds and clones in the rapid rooter cubes.i just mist them 2-3 times a day and have had 100% success so far.
welcome aboard

Theres a sight for the seedbanks also. How do you get fresh air in and old air out of an enclosed grower if its airtight ?

Welcome SKNO1, to MP forum. Yes, there are even links to information concerning reputable seed banks. Go to the MP Forum main page, and you'll see a link for seed banks. At the top of each page there are many different links. One such link is the Resources link. Click on that for some good, basic instructions on how to grow.

Be patient with this, because things don't always work out the way we want them to the first time. Planning the grow out before starting is important. Take time and do research before getting started. A little bit of homework could save you some grief and aggravation.

If I were allowed to give only suggestion to a new grower, I'd suggest he purchase a decent digital pH meter. A grower can have all the different variables such as temperature, proper feeding, lighting etc., all nicely dialed in, but if pH is off, all the rest might not matter. All the other variables could be perfect, yet if the pH is off, the plant could still be sick. Some of us here have leaned that the hard way; don't cut costs when choosing a good pH meter.

Welcome, and good luck.

SKNO1 said:
I'm using a fairly small closet too. I'm hoping to fit about 4 plants in there. Yes i was going to use mh for veg and flowering.. I dont see why not really. I'm keeping it simple. Just wanting to get the job done but i'm working on a nice setup.. Do you run an enclosed grower?:)

IMO, if you are only going to run one light, you would be better off going with a HPS than a MH.

When I said airtight I ment airtight besides a hole for an intake fan and a hole for an exaust fan and air filter. So before you cut the holes in the box it should be air tight.

Ok I suppose I should switch to hps after veg growth. I'm goin to use mh for veg ive seen some plants grown with hps during veg that were weak and lanky;).

Welcome to the site SKNO1,

We do hope that you will enjoy yourself here. The most sage advise was already given to you by cadlakmike1.

Read, and read some more. Please do take a few moments to peruse the site rules, You will find them few and easy to go with. They do help to keep this Living site a sweet place to hang out.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna :cool:

:welcome:

All the Tips you need is already here! You just have to look for it...
This forum just makes it easier...
Learning can be fun too :D
Good luck with your Grow!

Latest posts

Back