HELP!!!!!! 1st. timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cronicchic420

Reaction score
:confused: I have a kush plant that is about 2 feet high. She is so pretty. Well, the leaves toward the bottom of the plant are turning yelloe and dieing.but i see new growth on top of the dead leaves. the rest are starting to droop down. They used to be looking up at the lights. I need help i have no idea what im doing.:eek: she under 200w agro bulb. she get 150ml water per week. Tell me what im doing wrong!!! all the books say diff things

Goddess.jpg

cronicchic420 said:
:confused: I have a kush plant that is about 2 feet high. She is so pretty. Well, the leaves toward the bottom of the plant are turning yelloe and dieing.but i see new growth on top of the dead leaves. the rest are starting to droop down. They used to be looking up at the lights. I need help i have no idea what im doing.:eek: she under 200w agro bulb. she get 150ml water per week. Tell me what im doing wrong!!! all the books say diff things
where are u growing in a grow box? closet? well i dont how much help i can be cause im new at this myself but on alot of my plants usually the bottom leaves allways die on me and it seemed that the bottom of the plant wasnt getting enough lite so i took one of those heat blankets(foil) in a first aid kit and i did the bottom half my grow box with that. also whats ur temp in there like i said probally no help at all but i tried lol nice meeting u and good luck:bolt:

She is in my closet. Its about 3 to four feet wide and 8 feet high. i added a pic. all leaves are starting to droop down except the top top top growth

See thats the thing. I smoke a hell of a lot but have never grown anything. Well once in my kush i found a lone seed. so i thought hey ill plant it. well this is what i have now. I have no idea other than small stuff for hightimes but other than that i just water it once a week and have it on 18hrs of day light. can you guys help me. do i need to flush it and put new soil and use fert for the hydro store?

I don't think 150 mls of water a week is enough for a 2 foot plant. You should give your plant water when it needs it and not on certain days of the week. You should water till the water comes out of the bottom of the pot. But you don't want a whole bunch of water coming out though, and do it slowly. And then water again when it is dry. I find that lifting the pots is the best way, for me, to know when to water again. Make sure the soil is dry before watering. And sounds like you have got a crap load of researching to do. And you found the best place, these guys know their MJ.

how large is the pot its in? could be root bound.

Its a HUGE pot but im not sure of the gallons. Should i flush it and put new soil and fert?

It is more than likely you are watering too much or your pot is not draining at all. Carefullty slide your fingers down the inside of the pot and see if its really muddy in the bottom. If so stop watering for a few days and cut some small holes in the bottom sides of your pot so it can drain better. Dont water till the soil feels just slitely damp. If you pinch some dirt and it makes a wet ball its too soon to water. if your not sure what your doing you will be better off watering only when you see your plant show signs off drooping from lack of water than over watering it. Slim

just for reference you need 1 gallon of soil for every foot of height you want.

Thanks for all the Help!! One more thing i use somthing called and agro light by Phillips. Im i not supposed to use than?

Its not hard to tell if the dirtis too wet or too dry. stick your fingers nthe soil it should get your fingers dirty. If its too dry it will dust right off your fingers if it does give the planthalf a gallon slowly. If it is too dry the plant will perk up in 30 min and look better.

Mind if I chime in.
I got a few questions.
1. Air circulation. You have fans and stuff to get fresh ir in there?
2. Temp and Humidity? Need to monitor those things at all times. You can get a temp and R/H meter at any local hardware for a couple of bucks. ;)
3. Ferts? What fertilizer are you using? If none then it needs to be fed. Need to go down to the hydro shop and get some.
4. Once a week watering for a 2' plant seems a little lean. IMHO. The others gave you great advice in watering. ;)
5.PH...do you know the PH of your soil? You can meters at the hydro shop. or you can get PH strips at an auqurium shop. ;)
6. You light set-up. MH, HPS, or florous. Sorry didn't google your "Phillips" light. Those are the only three "artificial" lights that can grow herb. ;) (except LED which after looking at the price you'll see why you don't see people buyin them LOL )

Sorry that I wasn't much help just need more information before many of us can help ya out. ;)

:heart: Thank You for all the help. Im rollin over to the hydro store today and get what i need. This form is Dope. And Mutt i think imay have a crush on you and your weed grown skills!! :heart:

ok i still have this feeling that ur lighting is to hot or close are the leaves dry? and also like they said check ur soil see if its drying up fast. i watter my plants one day spray it the next and check my soil when its dry i will watter it again i allways try to keep my soil little moist everyday til flowering then i stop spraying and just watter it. but every one does it different good luck again and hope fully u will get it back to itself peace. oh by the way u should try to get a few more plants growing so that way u allways have back up lol

Sticky_Budz said:
ok i still have this feeling that ur lighting is to hot or close are the leaves dry? and also like they said check ur soil see if its drying up fast. i watter my plants one day spray it the next and check my soil when its dry i will watter it again i allways try to keep my soil little moist everyday til flowering then i stop spraying and just watter it. but every one does it different good luck again and hope fully u will get it back to itself peace. oh by the way u should try to get a few more plants growing so that way u allways have back up lol

:eek: Ok i have two bulbs on it a 125 w and a 75 w "agfo bulb' by Phillips. They are no closer than a foot to the top of my plany. the top soil dries kind of fast but i dont think the holes at the bottom of my pot let me drain very well. im i using the wrong bulbs. is flushing a good idea?
Well, i do i have like 10 more plants in the same moister control soil. says it feeds up tp three months. they are little girls but i have them in my garage they arent going fast cause its been freakin cold. i only have my big girl in my closet. :confused:

I have five plants four weeks from harvest, they were planted in that Miracle Gro Moisture Control and I've had to feed the plants to keep them alive, the soil only provides adequate food for marijuana for the first few weeks. Ever since late veg and up to now, I have fed 2x a week with diluted mix of Flora Nova and Bat Guono. Slowly, I am increasing the flowering food quantity, along with the overall fert mix quantity and the plants look great. Just water when they are starting to wilt or the soil feels dry, as pointed out earlier.

Latest posts

Back