Help!! Budding Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Object505

Pot Growing, Music Maker
Reaction score
Hiya!!!

I just put my hydro system into bud and its day two. However my plants are looking kinda droopy. Is this normal in the first few days of budding as the plants get used to the new nutes and the lighting. Should I have gradualy went to 12/12 like 18/12 one day 17/12 the next 16/12 the next day and so on? Sombody help I dont want to put my babies in danger.

:(

Never has happened to me. How are your temps and humidity? Any distance change with the lights?

I did go from MH to HPS and I moved the light up slightly worried about the intensity of it. If they don't look better when I get home today I may change the nutrients to make sure I didnt screw them up somehow. My temps are good about 79. I have no way of checking the humidity right now but I mist them with adjusted ph water every morning when the light turns off.

DLtoker said:
Never has happened to me. How are your temps and humidity? Any distance change with the lights?

I know that HPS runs a lot cooler than the MH if that means anything?

The whole idea of switching from 18-6 to 12-12 is the abrupt change. It’s supposed to trigger flowering. Droopy to me has nothing to do with the light change. Droopy to me indicates drought stress.

How often are you watering? What hydro system are you using? What basic fert goes into your nutrient solution? Are you using any other supplements or bloom boosters?

The light change triggers the reproductive mechanism of the cannabis plants and they require a big boost of potassium and phosphorus to keep going. Advanced Nutrients Medical suggests to use a product called Bud Blood during the first week of flowering.

Bud Blood has an NPK of 0-39-25. That means that it has no Nitrogen, but 39% Phosphorus (or Phosphates) and 25% Potassium. It is to be mixed into your nutrient solution only for week 1 of the bloom stage.

Weeks 2-3-4 or flowering, they suggest using a product called—very appropriately—Big Bud. It comes in powder or liquid form. They both do the same job—boosting the proliferation and size/weight of the buds. The liquid is more convenient to use, but it’s a touch more pricey.

Weeks 5 and 6, Advanced Nutrients suggests using Overdrive. Now these three bloom boosters should never, I repeat never be used all at the same time. The concentration of macronutrients is such that if you mixed all three in all at once, they would burn your marijuana plants to a crisp.

Another great product that comes in two different formats is Carbo Load Liquid and Carbo Load Powder. During the reproductive cycle the plant undergoes hormonal changes and needs more sugars to build bud sites and supply the flowers with energy.

The carbohydrates in Carbo Load give cannabis plants the extra energy they need to grow super sized buds and flowers.

If you want to sample the crème de la crème of cannabis-specific fertilizers, you should try Connoisseur A & B. This bloom-cycle only two-part contains polyamino alcohols, which elasticize the cell walls of the marijuana plant, enabling them to store more sugars for bud and flower growth.

I just had the privilege to harvest about thirty humungous buds off my six sinsemilla plants. I am curing them right now. They turned out to be so big because of the Connoisseur, that I had to buy new, bigger wide-mouth glass jars to cure them.

Your harvest will only be as good as the nutrients you feed your plants. And remember to water and feed them regularly, otherwise they’ll droop.

Wes

It seems that my problem is solved now. I am not sure why the plants were drooping that second day of budding but they look fine now. As for my hydro system. I built it myself out of PVC pipe and plastic 2 litre bottles. Its basicly a drip system but the sites can be flooded and setup to drain slowly. I have found the passthough method has worked better so far. The system waters for about 20 min 7 times daily. I am thinking ill setup up the watering if I see anymore dropping in the plants.

Thanks for the advice about the nuts. I am defenitly going to try a bud enhancing product as you sugjested.

If you like you can check out my uploaded photos here

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/6050/cat/500

Thanks again.

Not bad for my first season.

Wes said:
The whole idea of switching from 18-6 to 12-12 is the abrupt change. It’s supposed to trigger flowering. Droopy to me has nothing to do with the light change. Droopy to me indicates drought stress.

How often are you watering? What hydro system are you using? What basic fert goes into your nutrient solution? Are you using any other supplements or bloom boosters?

The light change triggers the reproductive mechanism of the cannabis plants and they require a big boost of potassium and phosphorus to keep going. Advanced Nutrients Medical suggests to use a product called Bud Blood during the first week of flowering.

Bud Blood has an NPK of 0-39-25. That means that it has no Nitrogen, but 39% Phosphorus (or Phosphates) and 25% Potassium. It is to be mixed into your nutrient solution only for week 1 of the bloom stage.

Weeks 2-3-4 or flowering, they suggest using a product called—very appropriately—Big Bud. It comes in powder or liquid form. They both do the same job—boosting the proliferation and size/weight of the buds. The liquid is more convenient to use, but it’s a touch more pricey.

Weeks 5 and 6, Advanced Nutrients suggests using Overdrive. Now these three bloom boosters should never, I repeat never be used all at the same time. The concentration of macronutrients is such that if you mixed all three in all at once, they would burn your marijuana plants to a crisp.

Another great product that comes in two different formats is Carbo Load Liquid and Carbo Load Powder. During the reproductive cycle the plant undergoes hormonal changes and needs more sugars to build bud sites and supply the flowers with energy.

The carbohydrates in Carbo Load give cannabis plants the extra energy they need to grow super sized buds and flowers.

If you want to sample the crème de la crème of cannabis-specific fertilizers, you should try Connoisseur A & B. This bloom-cycle only two-part contains polyamino alcohols, which elasticize the cell walls of the marijuana plant, enabling them to store more sugars for bud and flower growth.

I just had the privilege to harvest about thirty humungous buds off my six sinsemilla plants. I am curing them right now. They turned out to be so big because of the Connoisseur, that I had to buy new, bigger wide-mouth glass jars to cure them.

Your harvest will only be as good as the nutrients you feed your plants. And remember to water and feed them regularly, otherwise they’ll droop.

Wes

well if underwatering was the problem with in 1 hour after watering it will recover i think its the neutes start out at none or barley any and work your way up slowly better than frying it

Latest posts

Back