Help Me Design My Grow House (Dedicated Unfinished House)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sohel

Reaction score
I don't know what all is relevant so I'm going to include all of the information I can think of. I'm also going to include A LOT of pictures.

My goal for this house is 60 plants, possibly more, with 15 plants being harvested every month. 30 Vegging, 30 Flowering at all times.

I'm going to be using soil.

This grow house is way out in the middle of nowhere. The closest neighbors are about a mile away through thick forest and shrubbery. We also own tons of land around us (35-40 acres) and the house is about right in the middle. Point is, it doesn't need to be super stealth (although we still want to filter ventilation and we don't want it super visible from the outside)... we can really do whatever we want. Also, we have a well, and our water is completely pure without any of the chemicals of city water.

Right now I have 3 lights.

1 x 1000 Watt Hortilux HPS w/ DayStar Hood
1 x 600 Watt Hortilux HPS w/ DayStar Hood
1 x 2' Fluorescent For Clones

The 600 is being used for vegging right now, and the 1000 is being used to flower my big rhino plant. (See link to grow in my signature if you want to see plants)

The House

Here is a blueprint of the upper level of the house. I didn't make a blueprint for the lower level, but you'll see what it's like in the pics. I think we'll only use the lower level if we need to.

A couple notes:
  • The little boxes on the outside wall represents windows. Preferably ventilation would go out the windows on the east side (left side when looking at blueprints)
  • The red numbered rooms have very high ceilings, but most of them slant down (see pics)
  • The blue numbered rooms have pretty short ceilings... no more than 4-5 ft.
eg room there is space for air to come in through the windows. There is also a fan off to the right.

Sounds like you got alot of work to do, I wish I had the space for something like this I'm so jealous! Goodluck with your adventure!

Phatpharmer

Yea good luck with that grow room! I wish I was able to do something like that. are you missing some pics or something.....theres no blueprint.

Criz

Well, i dont see any pics or blue prints and without that basic info....

Lets just start here : 30 plants divided by 3m cubed= 900 sq ft < math some one im too medicated right now?> 60 x 1000 hps lites ( 30 per) < my understanding is less than 10% diff if just using HPS> .
Electrical requrements 30 units @ 220V outlets @20 amps = 600 amps just for one side.....stnd. home only has 200 amp max !

Personally i'd come down in #'s and tighten ship in dwc or MassP's Bucket designs....Electrically alone, this will not allow you to operate without startin some sort of fire on under-rated wire !

Right now im doing 3 and lookin for 5 ( my legal limit is 15). The equipment alone is no small feat. let alone packin in soil / nutes / clones / plants around. 30 is a small army of peeps and so is the demand for nutes / soil, etc.

meds4me said:
Lets just start here : 30 plants divided by 3m cubed= 900 sq ft < math some one im too medicated right now?> 60 x 1000 hps lites ( 30 per) < my understanding is less than 10% diff if just using HPS> .
Electrical requrements 30 units @ 220V outlets @20 amps = 600 amps just for one side.....stnd. home only has 200 amp max !

Personally i'd come down in #'s and tighten ship in dwc or MassP's Bucket designs....Electrically alone, this will not allow you to operate without startin some sort of fire on under-rated wire !

600 amps?, dude what are you talking about? He has 3 lights, using a total of 15-17 amps with 120V circuits. with 600 amps you would be growing over 1000 plants probly.

meds4me said:
Right now im doing 3 and lookin for 5 ( my legal limit is 15). The equipment alone is no small feat. let alone packin in soil / nutes / clones / plants around. 30 is a small army of peeps and so is the demand for nutes / soil, etc.

30 plants aint squat. that would only supply my personal use. i manage 100 plants (flowering) for my collective by myself easily, so i dont forsee dude having trouble with 30 flowering at a time - with only a 1000W and 600W they will have to be kept really small like sog.

greenfriend said:
30 plants aint squat. that would only supply my personal use. i manage 100 plants (flowering) for my collective by myself easily, so i dont forsee dude having trouble with 30 flowering at a time - with only a 1000W and 600W they will have to be kept really small like sog.

30 plants for personal ? DAMN !!! 3 keeps me at my min and im uppin to 5.

30 at a time ( 4 min per 1000 hps (?)= 8 lights for Proper lighting levels. 8 lights times 20 amps per circuit still equals 160 amps ....You still havent added anything for veg or cloning. So even at half of the 6oo amps is still 300 and an average home is only 200. Just saying ... 30 under a single means starving them of light and their ability to grow. You NEED them lights.IF the lights are 240 volt 20 amp circuit( dedicated). Yes running after start up of the light fixture is prob half that....but due you really want to start a fire in some else's home ? I ALWAYS error on the side of safety....
:holysheep: :holysheep:

Yes, I was "medicated" ....but some basic facts still are there. You'll need more lighting, period. Electrically, i'm no master designer. But these #'s say some thing different than what youre reading...

King Bud said:
:angrywife: Go away, you amateur wannabe business man.

This is a forum dedicated to helping folk grow their own stash.

I say, your the type of person that makes this site confrontational and your the problem. You don't know what he has on his plate. Many here grow for other patients and such.

meds4me said:
30 plants for personal ? DAMN !!! 3 keeps me at my min and im uppin to 5.

30 at a time ( 4 min per 1000 hps (?)= 8 lights for Proper lighting levels. 8 lights times 20 amps per circuit still equals 160 amps ....You still havent added anything for veg or cloning. So even at half of the 6oo amps is still 300 and an average home is only 200. Just saying ... 30 under a single means starving them of light and their ability to grow. You NEED them lights.IF the lights are 240 volt 20 amp circuit( dedicated). Yes running after start up of the light fixture is prob half that....but due you really want to start a fire in some else's home ? I ALWAYS error on the side of safety....
:holysheep: :holysheep:

Yes, I was "medicated" ....but some basic facts still are there. You'll need more lighting, period. Electrically, i'm no master designer. But these #'s say some thing different than what youre reading...

sorry this info is simply not true. Each 1000W lite on a 240V circuit draws 4.5 amps, on a 120V circuit it draws 9 amps. 4 1000W on at the same time draws 20 amps. Grow 9-12 plants per 1000W.

I have 8 1000W lites on a 40 amp 240V circuit. What your're saying makes no sense. You dont use a separate circuit for each lite. Having a 1000W lite on each 4' x 4' area is PLENTY of light

greenfriend said:
sorry this info is simply not true. Each 1000W lite on a 240V circuit draws 4.5 amps, on a 120V circuit it draws 9 amps. 4 1000W on at the same time draws 20 amps. Grow 9-12 plants per 1000W.

I have 8 1000W lites on a 40 amp 240V circuit. What your're saying makes no sense. You dont use a separate circuit for each lite. Having a 1000W lite on each 4' x 4' area is PLENTY of light

Well, first let me say that im not here as a business man ! Im a med patient and i try to help where ever possible.Again" Im no master planner---and i left it open for others to respond. I stay on the safe side of evrything. Obviuosly you have newer equipment 'cause my data plate says something way different.Same with # of plants under each lite.

To be nasty and confrontational is not me---peace I'm out

As a last thoght, I only wish to help here. NOT knowing the age of the electrical circuits, etc. I ALWAYS go for safety first. As an ex-hvac guy of 16 plus years and now a med patient. Ive seen more stupid crap , like hooking an extension cord for 120 volt off of a hot water tank (240 volt)...it goes on for days the things people do for "saving" a buck or two...
I've personally seen two grows and one glass shop burn to the ground due to "someone trying to save a buck".
I'm not trying to be confrontational as thats just not my style...
AGAIN, I left the post open for interpretation for others to post their thought as " I'm no master planner" Ive had the luck of an education and years of field work. Peace and good luck !

No beating around the bush. You education doesn't support you aspirations. Not a big deal if you are growing 1, 2, 3, 5 plants. But your dreams have felony nightmares.

Sure there are hundreds of books you can read for what you want to do. There are also many life lessons you want to learn (hopefully by watching others) before you get to this scale.

LOL well it looks like his grow house was just an idea I would love to see pictures of some following trough with there giant plans.

Just start small and work your way up to a grow house guys.

lol.... come on, people... anything is possible... fer instance... right now I have well over 300 individual plants growing on the property... and I just made up another 54 clones this morning... and I have 45 plants flowering currently under a single 1000W HPS...

there's a way to do ANYTHING....

ya just gotta know what yer doing....:cool:

I didn't click the link but I would assume this is only a post to get us to click his signature. Mods please look into and b& this spam bot.

Latest posts

Back